Windows 10: Windows 10 Turn off Display also makesit go to Sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 Turn off Display also makesit go to Sleep in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on both my laptop and Surface Pro 3. I just got this Surface Pro today from a friend and I wanted to update Windows. But I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Icantspell, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Turn off Display also makesit go to Sleep

I have Windows 10 on both my laptop and Surface Pro 3.

I just got this Surface Pro today from a friend and I wanted to update Windows. But I noticed that it heated up when the screen is on so I decided it would be best for the Surface to update while the Display is off.

I realized that the Surface will go sleep and turn off display if I:

1. Change the settings so that it "Turns off display" automatically (in the power settings).

2. Using this batch script to only turn off the display.

The Require-Sign is at "Never" but I have to Sign-in everytime. (As if it went to sleep).

It looks like the Surface goes to sleep no matter what. What should I do?

Cheers,

:)

Icantspell, Sep 15, 2018

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 15, 2018
  3. imacken Win User
    Windows 10 won't turn off display or sleep because of USB device

My Windows 10 install will not turn off display or sleep because of 2 USB devices.

I have around 10 USB devices, and I have worked out that it is my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick and throttle that are preventing the system to turn off display and sleep.

If I turn those off then everything is OK.

Any suggestions, or is this a bug?

imacken, Sep 15, 2018
  4. lollygags Win User

Windows 10 Turn off Display also makesit go to Sleep

Turn off display and sleep mode problem

I have the Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 and my computer will not turn off the display or go into sleep mode according to the power settings. I currently have it set to turn off the display after 5 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. I ran the Power
    Troubleshooter and it said it found an issue with the "Turn hard disk off after" selection and changed it to 20 minutes but the displays still won't turn off and the computer doesn't go into sleep mode as scheduled. I am however able to put the pc into sleep
    mode manually from the start menu so it's not like sleep mode doesn't work it just doesn't happen automatically according to the power settings. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lollygags, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Turn off Display also makesit go to Sleep

1. Windows 10 Turn off Display also makesit go to Sleep - Similar Threads - Turn off Display

2. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  3. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  4. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 laptop display doesn't turn off, or go to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop display doesn't turn off, or go to sleep: I just had to reset my Windows 10 laptop using the media creation tool, due to multiple crashes. So far, I think laptop is running mostly OK, but still waiting to see. But there is one annoying issue, an issue I have encountered multiple times with multiple computers --...
  6. Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't go to sleep and turn off screen: My computer won't go to sleep or turn off the screen even after the time I set it to. I went to the cmd and typed in powercfg -requests and got nothing from there. I also went into the advanced power settings and allowed the computer to sleep in the "When sharing media" tab...
  7. PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't): Hi, so as of a few days ago, my PC stopped sleeping properly. I've tried changing power plans / running the "powercfg -requests" command and nothing's there. What is happening is when I put the PC to sleep manually, or after the allocated time, my display will turn off but...
  8. Windows 10 won't turn off displays nor go to sleep mode automatically

Windows 10 won't turn off displays nor go to sleep mode automatically: Hi everyone, as the title says my windows 10 installation won't turn off monitors after the specified time nor will it go to sleep after the set time in the power management settings. This problem exists for quite some time now. It might date back to one of the infamous...
  9. PC won't turn off or go to sleep

PC won't turn off or go to sleep: So couple days ago I got this problem where my PC won't turn off or go to sleep, when I click it just says "Shuting Down" and suddenly "Welcome". I tried Disk Checkup and all but I couldn't fix this issue. And I have the newest update installed....
  10. Windows 10 - turn off display on tablet without sleeping

Windows 10 - turn off display on tablet without sleeping: Hi! I have a Lenovo Yoga Book tablet that I use as a display for a home automation system. And up until one windows update a few months ago now everything was working fine. I had the tablet configured to turn off the display after 10 minutes but never go to sleep. And...