Windows 10: Windows 10 turn off Windows Update

Discus and support Windows 10 turn off Windows Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, is there anyway I can unable/delete/deactivate Windows Update specially the update feature of "Upgrading to Windows 10 20H2". I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Citizenfive90, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Windows 10 turn off Windows Update

Hello there, is there anyway I can unable/delete/deactivate Windows Update specially the update feature of "Upgrading to Windows 10 20H2". I use the version 1903, because my favorite games such as FIFA 11, 12 and 13 do not work on Windows 20H2, I've used it once and the games didn't work, so I went back to 1903 version, but Windows is always asking me to upgrade to 20H2 version and there is not an option to skip that version, it seems that Windows wants you to upgrade to it no matter what, and I DO NOT want that upgrade. Is there anyway to unable that? I tried using "Windows + R and running services.msc" to deactivate Windows Update but still is asking me to upgrade the system. Any ideas? Or should I go back to Windows 7?

submitted by /u/Citizenfive90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Citizenfive90, Sep 8, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 8, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 8, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 turn off Windows Update

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 turn off Windows Update

1. Windows 10 turn off Windows Update - Similar Threads - turn off Update

2. Turning off Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off Windows Updates: My Computer has not been able to update windows for 2 years. Every time it tries to update, it blue screens with 'PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA' and then takes 40 minutes to repeat this blue screen 5 times, only for it to eventually give up and return me to as I was before...
  3. Turning off Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off Windows Updates: My Computer has not been able to update windows for 2 years. Every time it tries to update, it blue screens with 'PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA' and then takes 40 minutes to repeat this blue screen 5 times, only for it to eventually give up and return me to as I was before...
  4. Turning off Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows update is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is turned off: Hello, I recently went to microsoft store to download something when suddenly I encountered this error.I tried many ways shown in youtube, but I can't solve this problem. Please check if something is wrong on your side.Thank you!...
  6. Windows update is turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update is turned off: Hello, I recently went to microsoft store to download something when suddenly I encountered this error.I tried many ways shown in youtube, but I can't solve this problem. Please check if something is wrong on your side.Thank you!...
  7. Windows update is turned off

8. Turn OFF windows 10 updates

Turn OFF windows 10 updates: Hi, I have a 14gb windows tablet and as soon as I install a fresh copy of windows, I have 6-8gb free on my install drive. Later on, as soon as I connect to the internet, it all gets filled up and my tablet starts to lag. I don't really know where the updates are...
  9. Turn Off Windows 10 Update?

Turn Off Windows 10 Update?: Had to uninstall latest Win 10 update on a more current computer. Battery being replaced on this computer. How Do I stop / turn off next Win 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-windows-10-update/d6eea9bf-7493-4e7b-8dbe-b558d065061e
  10. Turn off windows updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn off windows updates?: How can I turn off windows updates? The new windows update settings page is extremely basic and appears to lack many options from windows 7. I am concerned about updates downloading and update checks being performed whilst gaming. I would not be happy with bandwidth or...