Windows 10: Windows 10 turned white and highlighting icons

Discus and support Windows 10 turned white and highlighting icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems like sort of accessibility mode. But I can't figure out how to turn it off. Windows 10 became white: white background, white taskbar, and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mibaup, Jun 17, 2020.

1. mibaup Win User

Windows 10 turned white and highlighting icons

It seems like sort of accessibility mode. But I can't figure out how to turn it off.
    Windows 10 became white: white background, white taskbar, and when you hover over the icons in the taskbar it highlights them in blue.

What is it?

Thanks

:)

mibaup, Jun 17, 2020
  2. PloKoon Win User

Making the taskbar Edge icon white

Wow. Thank you so much for taking the time to make a video tutorial. A lot of steps to change the icon color but worth it to me.

If I heard you correctly, this will reset every time Edge updates?

PloKoon, Jun 17, 2020
  3. hkw_can Win User
    Windows 10 White Icons

After the last update my icons turned white and I can't get them back. The only icons that appear new icons like Edge, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Mail and Snip & Sketch. Chrome, Adobe Reader DC, File Explorer and so on, show a white page symbol. Even if
    I go to file properties and change the icon (even from another file) still same white page.

I tried a few things, including:

• going to %localappdata% and deleting IconCache.db, followed by a restart
    • ran SFC Scan
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    No change. All users have the same problem.

This is very annoying and should be very basic.

hkw_can, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 turned white and highlighting icons

Windows 10 tiles are blank / white with no thumbnail icons!

Hi All

Running Windows 10 operating system... I have the same issue but on my desktop and Taskbar at the bottom of the screen... White Box Icon... If I click the start it shows the correct icon but if I open it from there it shows white on the task bar...

Tried this:

Method 1: You may also try to enable or disable the thumbnail preview using group policy editor.

Follow the steps to do so:

• Press Windows and R key together to open the run box.
    • Type “gpedit.msc” in the box and hit Enter.
    • Now, navigate to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu and Taskbar in left pan of Group Policy Editor.
    • Locate “Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails” in right pane of Group policy editor and double click on it.
    • Select Disable and click on Apply and then on OK.
    • Check if you are able to view the images.
    But computer said no file found...

James__Abbey, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 turned white and highlighting icons

1. Windows 10 turned white and highlighting icons - Similar Threads - turned white highlighting

2. Windows Search Highlights Icon

in Cortana
    Windows Search Highlights Icon: The search highlights icon looks to be changing from our company logo that we have set in the admin center under custom themes to random Microsoft images. How can I prevent that from changing to random images and make it keep the company logo like it had been doing?...
  3. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them: Hello,So im having a problem with my desktop. Everytime my mouse hovers accros a desktop icon it gets highlighted in white. When i refresh the desktop, My whole entire wallpaper is white. But then i have to hover over the icons with my mouse to get some of my wallpaper to...
  4. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them: Hello,So im having a problem with my desktop. Everytime my mouse hovers accros a desktop icon it gets highlighted in white. When i refresh the desktop, My whole entire wallpaper is white. But then i have to hover over the icons with my mouse to get some of my wallpaper to...
  5. Windows 10 desktop icons highlighted in white when my mouse hovers accros them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop icon text turned white with black shadow Windows 10

Desktop icon text turned white with black shadow Windows 10: Every once and a while not often my Desktop icon text turns to white with a black shadow. I am not quite sure what causes this but have read here on Microsoft Community a lot of lengthy things to do to what is said to fix this: a corrupted user profile or a something to do...
  7. Windows 10 turned white and highlighting icons

Windows 10 turned white and highlighting icons: It seems like sort of accessibility mode. But I can't figure out how to turn it off. Windows 10 became white: white background, white taskbar, and when you hover over the icons in the taskbar it highlights them in blue. What is it? Thanks 158775
  8. Google Chrome Turns Desktop Icons White????????

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Turns Desktop Icons White????????: Hi, This started recently within the last few days. Whenever I open my Google Chrome browser then my desktop shortcut icons will briefly turn white for a couple of seconds then they go back to normal. If I open a second browser tab in Google Chrome, then the icons do not...
  9. WIN 10 Icon highlighting

WIN 10 Icon highlighting: Greetings I have WIN10 in OCT I developed an issue where my icons light up one at a time this is like my cursor is going over every tab on my home page then across the task bar. I cannot even open up a window to search for help as the cursor won't quit highlighting ever one...
  10. Windows 10 White Icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 White Icons: After the last update my icons turned white and I can't get them back. The only icons that appear new icons like Edge, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Mail and Snip & Sketch. Chrome, Adobe Reader DC, File Explorer and so on, show a white page symbol. Even if I go to file...