Windows 10: Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

Discus and support Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chatsau25, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Chatsau25 Win User

Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

My Windows 10 lenovo turns off and on automatically. First it shows 'preparing automatic repair' but turns off again before anything comes up. A few times Windows repair blue screen comes up but before I can pick any option it turns off again. At times i also manage to get into windows- when I do, it turns off automatically again at anytime without any warning. The last time i was able to work for a few hours, I shut it down when I was finished at night. In the middle of the night, it turned on by itself and then again started the automatic repair loop. What is wrong?

The laptop is Lenovo ideapad 330.

:)

Chatsau25, Jun 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - memory faulty or not?

So i formatted disk , install again Windows 10 , now Windows booting fine without automatic repair. But i tried to reproduce issue by running memtest86 again. So i run test for 5 hours, stop test and booted Windows 10. This time it booted fine without automatic repair. So i guess its fine. But i want to know why it happened earlier? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram.

litwicki24, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Booms Win User

Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off...

Automatic Updates will not turn on

Hi,
    I have just installed the April update for Windows 10, and was curious why it hadn't automatically installed, as previous updates had done.
    Now when I go into Settings>Updates & Security>Advanced Options, when I try to turn on Automatic Updates it turns straight back off, and will not stay on at all.
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

Booms, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 turns off and on automatically. Shows automatic repair screen but turns off... - Similar Threads - turns off automatically

2. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  3. Laptop is turning off automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is turning off automatically.: Yesterday night when I shut down my laptop it started to update , I left it to get updated overnight. This morning when I try to turn it on , it turns off automatically.It will turn off just after booting and sometimes it will sucessfuly boot and after 5-10 seconds turn off...
  4. BLUETOOTH TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUETOOTH TURNS OFF AUTOMATICALLY: Hi,I am using windows 10 on Toshiba satellite laptop. I was googling the issue of it and came across an answer to this query on this platform but the problem is I cannot find the POWER MANAGEMENT option when navigating through the Bluetooth radio properties. I want to check...
  5. Bluetooth automatically turns off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth automatically turns off.: My laptop's Bluetooth automatically gets turned off and doesn't show a turn on button in devices. Everytime I have to restart my laptop to turn it back on. Please help me to fix this problem....
  6. Computer Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Turning Off Automatically: So for some reason after like around 10 or 20 minutes, my computer will just turn off randomly without a reason. Any idea what is causing this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-automatically/407cd294-6809-49a6-bb5e-e623a011b9aa
  7. Wifi Automatically Turns off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Automatically Turns off: Hi,I am facing this problem since 1-2 months.When the computer goes to sleeps,it's Wifi turns off.Everytime I need to manually turn it on.I then browsed and found that I need to go to Device Manager and check the Properties and all.I did as written.Though it did solve the...
  8. wifi turns off automatically

wifi turns off automatically: My laptop wifi automatically turns off whenever any system work is being done such as turning on the blue-tooth connection or installing a virtual OS box. Is it any fault of the software or should I check up on my laptop hardwares?...
  9. WiFi turning off automatically

WiFi turning off automatically: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My laptop computer was working fine and then one day it wouldn't connect to the internet using WiFi (I got the little red stop sign with an X in it)? It says I'm not connected to the internet and that my WiFi is turned off. When I go to Network and...
  10. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a