Windows 10: Windows 10 TWAIN drivers and GPO (.ds file)

Discus and support Windows 10 TWAIN drivers and GPO (.ds file) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if anyone run to this issue. We are having problems with installing drivers for Fujitsu scanners in our Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marek_AH, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Marek_AH Win User

Windows 10 TWAIN drivers and GPO (.ds file)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone run to this issue. We are having problems with installing drivers for Fujitsu scanners in our Windows 10 Enterprise environment. Looks like this might be related to our GPO policy but we can't pin point it. Here is the issue:

Just installed approved TWAIN drivers for fujitsu scanner (PaperStream IP) on Windows 10 device . After plugging the scanner to the USB port the system should detect and create a model specific .ds file in C:\Windows\twain_32\Fjicube - unfortunately nothing happens.

• We already ruled out antivirus settings and permission settings.
    • We did run ProcMon but unfortunately nothing happens after we plug in the scanner to the USB port. Just a note – the WIA drivers are installing correctly and we can see the scanner in Device Manager.
    • The WIA, Shell Hardware detection and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) services are up and running
    • We already tried local admin account – same issue

We moved our test Windows 10 device to “No GPO” AD group (no group policies applied), plugged the scanner into an USB, the system picked it up, created the model specific .ds file in C:\Windows\twain_32\Fjicube and now our TWAIN software is working as a charm.

Any idea what can block this very specific procedure on windows 10?

Thanks

Marek

:)

Marek_AH, Aug 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 19, 2019
  4. Windows 10 TWAIN drivers and GPO (.ds file)

TWAIN Driver for Windows 10

Hello

I had the same problem after the installation of Creator version of Windows 10.

After having reinstalled the driver and scan program did not work.

I tried adding twain/canon folder to system path (the trick is for canon scanners, but maybe for others as well https://weblogs.asp.net/jeffwids/canon-scanner-una)

Re-booted, did not work.

I thought maybe the system is missing the twain dll, for me there was"twain_32.dll" and it was there in c:\windows\twain_32.dll (sometimes it's stated online that it is twain.dll or twain32.dll)

buuuuuuuuuuuuut...it was v1.7.1.0 or v1.7.1.3 in the properties of the file, and for the last last update that it was dated 04/25/2017

I found that with the installation files of my scanner, there was a twain_32.dll v1.6.0.3 from 1997 coming with it.

You can find if you have different twain_32.dll present on your computer left somewhere by the installer of your scannner searching with the freeware "Everything" from voidtools.

I did the following:

• Deleted the file c:\windows\twain_32.dll with the freeware -> Unlocker
    • copied the twain_32.dll from my scanner installer into c:\windows\twain_32.dll
    • Re-started the program associated with TWAIN (twain_32.dll) error.
    • Scan was working again.
    I you are on the insider program with upgrades of windows 10 every other day, you have to redo the procedure.

Hope it helps. ^-^

Vincentfra, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 TWAIN drivers and GPO (.ds file)

1. Windows 10 TWAIN drivers and GPO (.ds file) - Similar Threads - TWAIN drivers GPO

2. Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location: When I make a change to the Scan Profile of a locally connected Fujitsu fi-7160, where is that change stored user folder, registry, etc.?I spoke with Fujitsu, and they say that this is accessing the Windows TWAIN driver instead of the Fujitsu driver, so only Microsoft would...
  3. Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location: When I make a change to the Scan Profile of a locally connected Fujitsu fi-7160, where is that change stored user folder, registry, etc.?I spoke with Fujitsu, and they say that this is accessing the Windows TWAIN driver instead of the Fujitsu driver, so only Microsoft would...
  4. Windows 10 TWAIN driver profile location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to install TWAIN driver on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to install TWAIN driver on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have a scanner, you probably know about the TWAIN standard. Today, most scanning devices support TWAIN drivers so that users can enjoy a hassle-free experience while scanning the images. In this article, we will describe what TWAIN is and how you can install...
  6. update TWAIN driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update TWAIN driver: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now I can't download my cell phone pics using Microsoft Picture It Photo Premium 9. It says that the TWAIN driver is outdated. How do I fix this? I am using a Toshiba Satellite C55-A....
  7. Fix for canoscan toolbox unable to open file. Twain driver Windows 10

Fix for canoscan toolbox unable to open file. Twain driver Windows 10: I have been using a Canon Lide 60 with scanner Windows 7 and then Windows 10. Canoscan Toolbox and driver are installed using Troubleshoot Compatibility. But after updating to 1803 I got an error message "canoscan toolbox unable to open file".Research indicated this is...
  8. Twain Drivers

Twain Drivers: Is there a link to a location where I can download the Twain Driver for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twain-drivers/f45625ae-896b-431c-966e-574d27b9f9cf
  9. Twain

Twain: When I open a .jpg file, I first get this message: [img] . Is there a good web site for finding out how to do that (re-installing the Twain drivers) in Windows 10? 124680
  10. Twain

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Twain: When I open a .jpg file, I first get this message: [img] . Is there a good web site for finding out how to do that (re-installing the Twain drivers) in Windows 10? 124680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. allow twain in gpo

2. twain32 windows10 1903