Windows 10: Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working

Discus and support Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working , in settings configured 2 min to turn off saver but still not working windows 10 v 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shlomirrr, May 4, 2020.

1. shlomirrr Win User

Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working

Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working , in settings configured 2 min to turn off saver but still not working

windows 10 v 1909
    why??

:)

shlomirrr, May 4, 2020

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, May 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working

white screen after sleep (windows 10)

Since updating Windows 10 to the 'Fall Creators Update' (1709), I have a problem when the PC wakes from sleep.

Waking from sleep, the display flashes "white screen blank screen."To solve the problem, I have to manually restart the PC.

The PC behaves perfectly provided that I do not allow it to go to sleep.

This problem did not exist before I updated Windows 10 to version 1709.

I did the following steps that was the answer to a similar question but the solutions did not work

Corrupted system files after the update are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try performing the possible solutions to your concern. Follow the steps below:

Solution 1: Run Power troubleshooter

• Open Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane.
    • Locate Power, then click Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow further instructions, and let the wizard scan your computer for potential issues
    Solution 2: Update Display adapter

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Display adapters to expand.
    • Right-click the Display adapter, then click Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click Update driver.
    • Restart your computer
    • If the issue still persists, repeat steps 1-4.
    • Click Uninstall, then restart your computer.
    Solution 3: Change Sleep options for mouse and keyboard

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Keyboards to expand.
    • Right-click the keyboard driver, then click Properties.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Check Allow this device to wake the computer option.

adriansookchand, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working

1. Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working - Similar Threads - screen connected sleep

2. Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working: Windows 10 - Two screen connected , sleep display not working , in settings configured 2 min to turn off saver but still not working windows 10 v 1909 why?? 155690
  3. Display Not Going To Sleep And no Screen Saver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display Not Going To Sleep And no Screen Saver: I have two monitors connected to my Windows 10 PC. They are both HD. I just want them to switch off automatically but they never do. I have followed all the rules on the Microsoft Website but it still stays on forever. Even if I could just get the Screen Saver to work....
  4. Using two connection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using two connection in Windows 10: Hello everyone. I have a gigabit connection but my network card is limited to 100mb/s. I usually connect through ethernet, but I also have a USB wifi card so I'm trying to use both of them (connected to the same router). Once connected, Windows obviusly use only the ethernet...
  5. how to connect two monitors plus screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect two monitors plus screen: how to connect two monitors plus screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-two-monitors-plus-screen/bbca8b15-27cf-47c7-86f3-d0d6e9332646
  6. Laptops & Two Display

Laptops & Two Display: Had to use my Laptop as a Laptop. It's been a while, retired. Anyway Usually functions as my desktop with Windows 10. I use both the Touch Display on the Laptop as well as a Larger 2nd Display Touch Screen. Never have had issues. Well came back after 3 hours and plugged in...
  7. preserving two-screen display layout

preserving two-screen display layout: Since the last update of Windows 10, my monitors no longer come back from power save with the same layout they had. Everything crowds onto the primary (Screen 1). What a PITA it is to move all the second screen windows back to where they belong every time I leave the desk...
  8. Two monitors but only one display works

Two monitors but only one display works: I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays. I have them set up in the right sequence. When I click on the 2nd monitor, everything appears on the 1st monitor. I...
  9. Sleep and Display off settings are not working

Sleep and Display off settings are not working: Hi, My laptop display keeps going off before the set time which gets really annoying. In the power option, I have set it as display off at 5 min, sleep at 10 min (on battery), display off at 10 min, sleep at 15 min (plugged in). But this doesnt work at all in both...
  10. Power problem Display and Sleep not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Power problem Display and Sleep not working: Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 16251 Custom Built Dual monitor system Have set for 1 hour display off, 2 hour sleep. Neither work. Task Manager shows 0% CPU, occasional .1 CPU. Memory 29% stable, Disk 0% Bitdefender Free, no programed scans. Any hints as where to look?...