Windows 10: Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?

Discus and support Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to do backup images of workstations and servers on machine networks that have very little on them and would fit on a 64GB - 256GB thumb drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by {Tom}CO, Sep 21, 2022.

1. {Tom}CO Win User

Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?

Trying to do backup images of workstations and servers on machine networks that have very little on them and would fit on a 64GB - 256GB thumb drive, but windows states it cannot backup to them. So, can you use SSD drives at all, thumb or external and is it the same for a network drives that might also be an SSD type of drive. Is there a list of compatible media or drive requirements needed for making a backup image of a system. These are systems that are on isolated machine networks and only connect to outside networks for updates or upgrades.Thank you!

:)

{Tom}CO, Sep 21, 2022

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging? - Similar Threads - Types drives system

2. Can you use cocreator image commercially?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use cocreator image commercially?: Microsoft paint now has a co-creator component that does text to image generation.The closest thing I found to a term of use isYou are responsible for using Cocreator in a respectful and lawful manner. You should not use Cocreator to create or share images that may infringe...
  3. Can you use cocreator image commercially?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use cocreator image commercially?: Microsoft paint now has a co-creator component that does text to image generation.The closest thing I found to a term of use isYou are responsible for using Cocreator in a respectful and lawful manner. You should not use Cocreator to create or share images that may infringe...
  4. Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?: Trying to do backup images of workstations and servers on machine networks that have very little on them and would fit on a 64GB - 256GB thumb drive, but windows states it cannot backup to them. So, can you use SSD drives at all, thumb or external and is it the same for a...
  5. Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Types of drives you can use for system imaging?: Trying to do backup images of workstations and servers on machine networks that have very little on them and would fit on a 64GB - 256GB thumb drive, but windows states it cannot backup to them. So, can you use SSD drives at all, thumb or external and is it the same for a...
  6. Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?: HI all,I wonder if I create a system image or system backup on a drive with existing file, will the wizard remove those existing files or simply just create a seperate folder and save the backup there?In the past, I always just use a clean drive to do the backups but found it...
  7. Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?: HI all,I wonder if I create a system image or system backup on a drive with existing file, will the wizard remove those existing files or simply just create a seperate folder and save the backup there?In the past, I always just use a clean drive to do the backups but found it...
  8. Can I use a drive with existing files to create windows 10 system image?

9. Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things

Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things: My Window 10 laptop will require about 150 Gb to create and external image on a hard drive. My external drive is 2 TB. Will the image be in a folder and I can use the remaining space for other things?...
  10. Types of System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Types of System Image: First off: I know about Macrium. Also, I use FreeFileSync to backup my personal files (Documents, Pictures etc.). This post concerns system images only: those made by Windows Backup and Restore routine.. There are 3 ways of creating a System Image using Windows Backup and...