Windows 10: Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything

Discus and support Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and run a relatively few applications, mostly MS Office. My PC was purchased new about 6 months ago. Within the last few days I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 23Mike, Feb 17, 2019.

1. 23Mike Win User

Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything

I have Windows 10 and run a relatively few applications, mostly MS Office.

My PC was purchased new about 6 months ago.

Within the last few days I am unable to start almost any application without it being suspended (UAC code apparently set to 'Disabled').

When I try and start Outlook I get a message explaining that there's been a problem, no error code, but option boxes... to "Repair now" or "Cancel".

I select "Repair now" and it appears to run ok.

I say 'appears' because almost every application has the UAC code flagged as 'disabled' (my info is from/via Task Manager).

Looking at the Task Manager Details list option there appear to be multiple versions of a number of system files, like 'svchost', that have been started and then suspended....

As far as I know all significant updates have been applied.

Suggestions/explanations would be very welcome!

Mike

:)

23Mike, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 17, 2019
  4. i3uu Win User

Disable UAC for Apps you dont want it on

I just went ahead and disabled the entire thing. I don't need windows telling me which files I want and do not want to run. If I click to run it, that sure as heck means I would like to run it.

Run > msconfig > Tools

In that tab it should say something like "Disable UAC" or "Change UAC Settings". Disable it through either one of those and you're set *Rockout :rockout:

Thema:

1. Windows 10 - UAC code (?) being set to 'disabled' for almost everything - Similar Threads - UAC code being

2. Error in opening almost everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in opening almost everything: Dear Microsoft Community,Lately, once I try to open a photo on my laptop, I am getting an error message "The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix this/ or Make sure you typed the name correctly" the error is attached below. Now the same error...
  3. i’ve tried almost everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    i’ve tried almost everything: i have a huge problem that i can’t fix. it has to do with the internet settings. when i go to it to try and trouble shoot, i can’t even press it because it crashes when i open the status bar that you see on the left. i’ve tried countless tutorials on some ways to fix the...
  4. Lost Almost Everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Almost Everything: I recently got on my hp laptop and when I put in my pin, it said preparing windows as if it had factory reset. The weird thing is a couple desktop applications survived but NO files. Everything on it except for those was deleted. The only change I made was stopping microsoft...
  5. Disabling UAC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling UAC: I just disabled UAC because “Rockstar Games Launcher” always gave me a notification about making changes to the pc and I always had to accept it. It got kinda annoying because it showed always when I launched GTA V. I disabled the UAC completely but now I’m kinda scared that...
  6. Disable UAC

Disable UAC: How do I log in as administrator on my personal laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-uac/a491df47-4ce9-4534-aeee-5be6de4c1b37
  7. DISABLE UAC WIN 10

DISABLE UAC WIN 10: How to disable/enable UAC using the register https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-uac-win-10/220cfc17-999b-48d5-a7b2-350811242250
  8. UAC keeps disabling

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC keeps disabling: Why UAC keeps disabling? I ran AV scan, sfc, tried to delete EnableLUA key. This is 4th forum that I ask, so PLEASE HELP! 126659
  9. UAC popups even when uac is disabled

UAC popups even when uac is disabled: As always the first thing i do on a windows installation is disable that damn UAC, i don't need windows to add another popup "are you sure you want to run this" when i myself click on an executable to run it. Now, for some weird reason on Windows 10, even with uac disabled it...
  10. Disable UAC

Disable UAC: With the earlier builds, I had UAC disabled in the registry( just as I do for my host machine Windows 8.0 Pro) and everything worked fine. It was in your sister forum eightforums tutorial that I learned how to disable UAC in Windows 8. I also use Start8 and Windowblinds on...