Windows 10: Windows 10 UAC pop up "downloading Packets"

Discus and support Windows 10 UAC pop up "downloading Packets" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all, got a question... Buddy just got a new windows 10 laptop and its been acting weird.. A pop up randomly comes up saying "downloading Package... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 403Phaze, Oct 20, 2018.

1. 403Phaze Win User

Windows 10 UAC pop up "downloading Packets"

Hey all, got a question...

Buddy just got a new windows 10 laptop and its been acting weird..

A pop up randomly comes up saying "downloading Package to X" (x is usually a number 1 - 3)
    then the CMD prompt window pops up for a fraction of a second then disappears.

when opening Task Manager, all process's seem normal and nothing out of the ordinary for application is resource wasting.

tried searching google and forums but all that pops up is thing pertaining to Dabian packet, network traffic packets, and IOS .tz packages

Thanks

:)

403Phaze, Oct 20, 2018
  2. zanxion Win User

Windows 10 Professional, UAC pops up whenever I launch almost any app

After the last Windows 10 updates, UAC pops up almost whatever application gets launched, e.g. Photoshop. How can I tackle this? In settings UAC is set to one step just before completely disabling it.

zanxion, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 UAC problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to disable the UAC-(Select the bar as shown in the below screen shot) and check with the issue. To open User account control settings, follow the steps:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.
    • Type User account control settings.

Windows 10 UAC pop up "downloading Packets" 3bad81a6-0885-4c42-b10d-9c53d2f543f7.png

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 UAC pop up "downloading Packets" - Similar Threads - UAC pop downloading

2. Windows 10 lost packets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lost packets: HelloI have been having a problem with packet loss for several days. I restarted the network card, formatted the system, changed cable, changed router, disconnected HDD, update drivers, restarted IP, DNS...
  3. Microsoft .Net Runtime UAC Pops Up Every Few Minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft .Net Runtime UAC Pops Up Every Few Minutes: I have a user getting prompted by UAC every few minutes regarding Microsoft .Net Runtime requesting admin credentials. Every time the user clicks No, UAC comes back after a few minutes shown below:Nothing in our security stack is flagging as malicious or blocking anything...
  4. Download Pop-Up Window Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Pop-Up Window Freezes: The problem isUpon prompting open the window for sharing any file upon my laptop to a website uploading pictures to wordpress site, for example, the download window freezes and eventually says "Open Not Responding"This occurs everytime I attempt to share a file from my laptop...
  5. Download Pop-Up Window Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Pop-Up Window Freezes: The problem isUpon prompting open the window for sharing any file upon my laptop to a website uploading pictures to wordpress site, for example, the download window freezes and eventually says "Open Not Responding"This occurs everytime I attempt to share a file from my laptop...
  6. PC Shuts Down After UAC Window Pops Up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Shuts Down After UAC Window Pops Up.: I have just installed windows 10 on my laptop, and I'm having this issue where every time an application requires admin permissions, or the user account control window pops up, my laptop completely shuts down....
  7. Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i download a app on the Microsoft Store without UAC (user account control) popping up ?: OK here is my issue. One of my users at my job is trying to install adobe reader on his machine. Unfortunately his laptop was issued a while back and we do not know the (admin password) for the admin account on his computer "he is only a local user" therefore whenever he...
  8. Constant UAC pop up for file operation.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Constant UAC pop up for file operation.: Hi All For the past few weeks, every time I boot my laptop the user account control starts repeatedly popping up. It says for a Microsoft File Operation. So I click 'yes' and keep doing it over and over, sometimes it will say a particular folder doesn't exist and would I...
  9. Windows 10 Professional, UAC pops up whenever I launch almost any app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Professional, UAC pops up whenever I launch almost any app: After the last Windows 10 updates, UAC pops up almost whatever application gets launched, e.g. Photoshop. How can I tackle this? In settings UAC is set to one step just before completely disabling it. 103804
  10. UAC keeps popping up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC keeps popping up: I've had this annoying problem since the last windows update, UAC keeps popping up every time I try to change windows settings. I've tried changing the UAC settings but the only one that works is to turn it off completely, which I'd rather not. I am logged in to an admin...