Windows 10: Windows 10, Ubuntu Boot Manager

Discus and support Windows 10, Ubuntu Boot Manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to remove Ubuntu Boot from my Samsung SSD with Windows 10 installed? s63 0 60 178252 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sandi1987, May 4, 2021.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

Windows 10, Ubuntu Boot Manager

How to remove Ubuntu Boot from my Samsung SSD with Windows 10 installed? s63 0 60

:)

Sandi1987, May 4, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Help with dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu

This is your whole problem. What you should have done is to put GRUB in sdb1 and Windows Manager in sda1 so that Windows Boot Manager is in control.
    So what suggested above will not make any difference. GRUB is still in control of booting process.
    To fix your problem. You will need to:
    1. Move GRUB from sdb to sdb1
      |grub2 - how to move grub boot from one partition to another in linux - Ask Ubuntu
    2. Rebuild The Windows Boot Manager ie. create a brand new BCD to boot Windows 10.
    3. Once done with steps 1 and 2 above. Windows will not know UBUNTU exists and vice versa.
      Depend on the priority set in the BIOS, it will boot directly into that OS.
      However, you can boot either one from Boot Menu (Using whatever key that your Laptop assigned to: F2, F10....)
      Since I hate Dual Boot and seldom boot into Linux, I will stop here.
      Now, go to step 4 to create dual boot.
    4. Use Easy BCD to create an entry for dual boot with UBUNTU. Once done, you should get a nice GUI dual Boot Menu
      and it will boot directly into either Windows or UBUNTU.

Here's the detailed explanation: How can I move windows 10 boot files to another drive to allow linux

topgundcp, May 4, 2021
  3. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, May 4, 2021
  4. Megahertz Win User

Help with dual booting Win 10 and Ubuntu

My suggestion is to set HDD (Ubuntu) as BIOS first boot option . Under grub you select Ubuntu or Windows.
    Remove the Ubuntu option under Windows boot manager.

I use the boot menu (F12 on my MB) to choose Lubuntu and have disabled Windows on Grub boot manager.

Megahertz, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10, Ubuntu Boot Manager - Similar Threads - Ubuntu Boot Manager

2. Dual booting Ubuntu 22.04 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual booting Ubuntu 22.04 and Windows 10: I have a 256GB NVMe and a 1TB SATA SSD, with Windows 10 already installed on the SATA SSD. I was wondering if I could install Ubuntu on the NVMe drive and dual boot windows 10. If this is possible, how would I do it?...
  3. Dual Boot Ubuntu on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dual Boot Ubuntu on Windows 10 Home: Hi team,I have tried dual booting my laptop which is currently having Windows 10 Home and I have created a 100GB of disk partition for ubuntu out of 500 GB SSD.When I try to boot the Ubuntu after selecting the Use a Device option in UEFI bios, and then after selecting the...
  4. Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu

Dual boot windows 10 and Ubuntu: Hi I've got Windows 10 and Ubuntu. My problem is that if I choose Ubuntu as default OS I can choose between Ubuntu and Windows but if I choose Windows as default OS I have no choice. I remember that some time ago I could choose OS from some blue menu. How to deal with this...
  5. Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual booting Ubuntu and Windows 10, can't boot into Ubuntu: I've dual booted my computer with Ubuntu, I was able to boot into it for a while until windows updated itself and now it skips over the Linux boot menu. Secure and fast boot are both disabled. I've tried adding Ubuntu onto the Windows boot menu but I can't get that to work...
  6. Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18

Dual boot with windows 10 and ubuntu 18: Hi there I tried to install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 on a Dell XPS laptop. Originally it had Win10. After partitioning and installing Ubuntu, Windows now no longer booting. "no accessible boot device" I tried to change many settings in BIOS: SATA: AHCI UEFI...
  7. Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI

Dual boot Windows 10 & Ubuntu UEFI: Hello World I install W10 & ubuntu in dual boot on my new computer. I want to use Windows boot loader instead of GRUB. It is in UEFI so I can not use easy BCD, and I have to use easy UEFI. But I am completely lost I can not find clear info. This is the objective: [ATTACH]...
  8. How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to dual boot Ubuntu with Windows 10?: Hi I want to dual boot ubuntu with windows. It seems i need to unlock some settings in windows 10 to dual boot ubuntu. What settings do i need to unlock? After installation, i always want windows to boot by default, i don't choose option. Not linux....
  9. Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04

Dual Booting Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04: Hi, I've just built my desktop and I'm trying to dual boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04. I've already partitioned my hard drive, and installed Windows 10 and Ubuntu 15.04, but I'm trying to get to a place where I can choose what OS to start whenever I turn on my...
  10. Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Boot, Windows 10, Ubuntu Problem: I have a dual boot system that had been working fine until yesterday. Now when I go to boot Windows the grub menu shows "Windows Recovery Environment (loader) (on /dev/sda3)" This leads to a window splash screen that last for about 10 second and then I get a black...