Windows 10: Windows 10 UEFI boot problem

Discus and support Windows 10 UEFI boot problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Problem with windows 10 boot. Hello, I have a huge problem with loading into my system... Let me explain, what happened is that I installed dual boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ivangle, May 20, 2020.

1. Ivangle Win User

Windows 10 UEFI boot problem

Problem with windows 10 boot.
    Hello, I have a huge problem with loading into my system...
    Let me explain, what happened is that I installed dual boot Linux v.2020 with Grub dual boot, then I did something I should have not, to get rid of Linux that I didn't need anymore. I wiped the partition of the disk I was using to host it and repartitioned it back to normal, basically removing any trace of Linux, but unfortunately i ruined my system. When I rebooted I couldn't boot anymore, the grub loader gave my error and after a lot of research and trying to use a USB windows 10 installation to try to repair the boot through CMD I can't do anything yet. What I tried was to do diskpart, and try to bootrec /fixboot but it gives me errors such as "this is unavailable etc." Or "access denied", even if I tried to change the letter of the disk to V or C or anything at all still it gives me Access denied.

Now I didn't try yet to use an older version of the USB windows 10 installation because I have limited internet. I would like to know if there is any solution at all that doesn't involve reinstalling windows 10.

Specifics: Windows 10 professional x64

Disk win system is installed: 120gb ssd

Disk Linux was installed: same disk, 15 gb that were repartitioned from it.

I don't know what other information is essential.

Thank you for your availability.

:)

Ivangle, May 20, 2020

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, May 20, 2020
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

Windows 10 UEFI boot problem [​IMG]

FX-GMC, May 20, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 UEFI boot problem - Similar Threads - UEFI boot problem

2. Windows 10 boots to UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boots to UEFI: I have a new pc, I9 with a 2 TB M.2 SSD on a ASRock Z590 Taichi MB. Out of the box boot up went fine. I used AMMEI Partition Assistant to create some partitions for data. Since then, the pc boots in to the UEFI, not windows. The Boot Option Priorities, Boot Option #1 is...
  3. Windows 11 UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 UEFI boot problem: Hello, so i downloaded an Windows 11 ISO installation, that i copied to an usb with RUFUS, i selected GPT since my NVME is GBP capable. In BIOS i have enabled secure booting and TPM 2.0, i have a Gigabyte H410 motherboard, so my main problem is that after i begin the...
  4. Windows 11 UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 UEFI boot problem: Hello, so i downloaded an Windows 11 ISO installation, that i copied to an usb with RUFUS, i selected GPT since my NVME is GBP capable. In BIOS i have enabled secure booting and TPM 2.0, i have a Gigabyte H410 motherboard, so my main problem is that after i begin the...
  5. Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Usb UEFI Boot Problem: Hello, first of all I never experience this problem in my life. This is the first time and I tried a lot of things but still doesn't work. Let me explain my stiation here. I created Windows 10 USB installer with Windows Creation Tool. Then I restart my computer, click the...
  6. HELP!!! UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!!! UEFI boot problem: HELP!!! UEFI boot is slower than legacy boot I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i...
  7. HELP!!! UEFI boot problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP!!! UEFI boot problem: I had freshly installed windows 10 in my hp 15-be020tu notebook . Before installing iso in uefi mode ,i had install windows 10 in legacy mode and that was atleast booting a bit faster and apps were working faster . But when i shifted to uefi mode my laptop started to boot...
  8. UEFI boot problem

UEFI boot problem: [ATTACH] Hi everybody, I recently ordered a laptop Acer Nitro 5 from an online shop in spain and i got it today. Very excited, i turn it on and it gives me as shown in the picture. I already a bootable usb with windows 10 on it but there is only UEFI boot mode i...
  9. UEFI Drive/Boot problem

UEFI Drive/Boot problem: My W10 system WAS running fine (Gigabyte Mobo) with a UEFI SSD boot drive UNTIL I had a problem where I lost all boot. I think it was a SATA cable problem, but it is now resolved. HOWEVER, in the process I no longer boot in UEFI, but into Win Boot Manager. UEFI is selected in...
  10. Problems dual booting Windows 7/10 (UEFI?)

Problems dual booting Windows 7/10 (UEFI?): Hi all, This is my situation: Running Windows 10 x64 on a UEFI-system. Trying to install Windows 7 x64 on a VHD for dual booting (such as in http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...8-using-a-vhd/) I running into troubles that I think are having to do with UEFI. Secure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add entry to windows boot manager uefi