Windows 10: Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx

Discus and support Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HI, I had installed Centos 7 along with Windows 10 with secure boot on in uefi mode.Windows:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS build 19044.2006... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Terry#7, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Terry#7 Win User

Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx

HI, I had installed Centos 7 along with Windows 10 with secure boot on in uefi mode.Windows:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS build 19044.2006 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 Centos 7:CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso from http://centos.excellmedia.net/7.9.2009/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.torrent *** Centos 7 got installed successfully in uefi non csm mode on gpt drive.However, the next day centos os failed to boot and crashed while starting up. I tried various things and decided on a fresh reinstall.*** I tried to reinstall everything afresh o

:)

Terry#7, Oct 5, 2022

2. Can not detect windows 10 after installing centos 7

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for valuable response.

• What is the make and model of your system?
    I have no idea how to see that, & since i have only centos 7, it is not easy to find solution on it despite looking for google. Please let me know how to see that?..

still what i know is :

-Laptop model: Sony SVF15218

-Processor : Intel Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80 GHz x 4

-OS type : 64-bit OS(Both Centos 7 & Win 10)

-Graphics : Intel Ivybrigde Mobile & NVIDIA GT740M

-HDD : 500 GB

-RAM : 4 GB

• Since when are you using the dual boot?
    -I had windows 10 as as a single for almost 2 years. For study purpose i had to install linux (near suited to Red hate), i choose Centos 7 as it is free.

-I installed Centos 7 on 2nd January 2016.

-At that time i get help from google & successfully dual-boot as windows 10 shows as windows boot manager & centos. (I can switch between them any time from grub menu.)

- Due to lack of wifi adapter in centos, while installing packages something went wrong & i had very limited access to centos, so reinstalled centos 7 around 15 days after successful dual-boot(18th Jan) (performed same steps to install as i did the first
    time) & since then my in the grub menu i can only see centos.

-I tried install centos 7 2-3 time after tha to see windows in grub menu, & i testes/altered almost everything in centos but found out that my windows is somehow not detected by grub.

• Did you check in msconfig regarding the boot menus, are you getting both the Windows and Linux Boot loader menus?
    - Since i am using linux i have no idea how to do in windows.

- But i played with centos's grub menu lot of time since missing windows bot manager in grub i am (99%) sure that there is something wrong with windows grub detection.

Hope i find solution soon...

Thank you...

Utsav D. H.Bhatt, Oct 5, 2022
  3. Can not detect windows 10 after installing centos 7

Sorry for the late reply as i am currently working on centos 7, i do not wish that it gets lost during windows recovery process.

• How many drives are you able to see in the Linux explorer?
    Yes, i can see 2 windows hard-disk partition Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx :)c - 146 GB, :d -150GB) from linux & i can access both of them at any moment from linux.

• Do you have Windows 10 installation disc with you?
    I do not windows 8/8.1/10 dvd, but i backup dvd as 3 dvd that can restore my windows 8 (officially came when i purchased sony laptop) as when i want, bu the problem it takes 5-6 hours to install & since it will master reset my harddisk every-time i do. Doing
    so will definately remove my cent os.

The further problem is when win 8 it upgrade to 8.1, it will again reset grub menu & so does from 8.1 to 10. So, every-time i might/will have to repeat installation of either os. & that i definately do not want.

I hope this steps will not remove my current working os centos 7 in the process.

I will update here once i do the steps.

Utsav D. H.Bhatt, Oct 5, 2022
  4. Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx

Upgrading to Windows 10 on Dual boot Windows 7 with CentOS 6.5

I upgraded from win 7 to 10, and have centos 6.5. After the upgrade, everything still works as set up. I think this is the first version of window NOT to remove grub and make windows boot "at all costs". My centos is still the primary boot on grub. I have
    a normal bios and MBR, not UEFI. It is a 4 year old i5 with 8GB ram.

Win 10 seems to be a bit faster than 7, although I admit, I use Centos more than windows. The upgrade took a few hours of prep to download what it needed, and a little over an hour to install.

JamesHammer, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx

1. Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx - Similar Threads - UEFI centos added

2. Will Microsoft release the 2023-03-14 uefi dbx update for 1809 LTSC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Microsoft release the 2023-03-14 uefi dbx update for 1809 LTSC?: I see that KB5012170 is used to deploy the uefi dbx update to computers.However, when I look at the update catalog:https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5012170 I see that only the "1903 and later" versions of the update were "Last Updated" on 2023/04/11....
  3. Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx: HI, I had installed Centos 7 along with Windows 10 with secure boot on in uefi mode.Windows:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS build 19044.2006 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 Centos 7:CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso from...
  4. Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 UEFI centos 7 added to dbx: HI, I had installed Centos 7 along with Windows 10 with secure boot on in uefi mode.Windows:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 OS build 19044.2006 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0 Centos 7:CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2009.iso from...
  5. Centos 7 Hard Disk Connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Centos 7 Hard Disk Connect: Good morning, please will you help me? I need connect a Centos 7 Hard Disk in Computer with Windows 10 using a USB StarTech, I had been use Paragon Software but I couldn't saw the files, please will you help me? Regards 149187
  6. adding windows 7 to a windows 10 machine

adding windows 7 to a windows 10 machine: I have a pc that has windows 10 home on it. I want to add windows 7 on another partition and be able to boot to either win 10 or win 7, how do I do this?...
  7. Create OPENVPN server / Client on CENTOS 7 SIMPLE (?) method !!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Create OPENVPN server / Client on CENTOS 7 SIMPLE (?) method !!: Hi there For anybody running Centos 7 as a VM (or even Native - but as this is a Windows Forum I'll assume it's on a VM) this is about the easiest and most foolproof method of getting OPENVPN to work and how to manage those pesky certificates.. How to install OpenVPN...
  8. W10 as GUEST on CENTOS Rel 7 HOST -- WORKS !!!!

W10 as GUEST on CENTOS Rel 7 HOST -- WORKS !!!!: deleted - updated in another thread 3451
  9. CENTOS 7 VM - GUI package manager

CENTOS 7 VM - GUI package manager: Hi there If any of you are installing some LINUX distros as VM's I recommend if you decide on CENTOS 7 to install YUMEX - a graphical package manager. [img] Add the nux-dextop repo to your repositories -- this is a Windows Forum so I won't get into the mechanics of...
  10. Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.

Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.: I would like to install 3 operative system (win 10 - win 7 and centos ) on the same HD in dual boot system. I would like to keep as much as possible the OS separate (no interference) each other and more stable possible. What will be the best way to do it? I should use an...