Windows 10: Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting

Discus and support Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to change my boot device priority in Windows 10 but when I go to the advanced options there is no UEFI choice. I have checked my BIOS mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CherylPrax, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting

I want to change my boot device priority in Windows 10 but when I go to the advanced options there is no UEFI choice. I have checked my BIOS mode and it is 'Legacy'.

How can I change my boot device priority? I changed it ages ago to remote drive first but now want to change it to optical drive first as I have a back up hard drive connected all the time and don't want to start up from it.

I keep going round and round trying to find that MS DOS menu where I can get to the boot tab!

:)

CherylPrax, Oct 30, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting

Hi,

For us to provide you with the appropriate steps on how to access the UEFI settings, we would like to verify if your computer has a UEFI firmware. To check, type
    MSINFO on Cortana's search field and press
    Enter
    . On the BIOS Mode parameter, the corresponding value should be set to
    UEFI.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Nov 9, 2018
  3. 007IND Win User

hey John vil, Thanks for your quick reply. Yes the bios mode parameter is set to UEFI in msinfo.
    Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting 5466122f-e922-4ef4-ac1d-04d7d3c9de7a.png

007IND, Nov 9, 2018
  4. 007IND Win User

Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting 56662848-50fb-4ebd-84b8-47ad24909e74.jpg
    Hey,
    I recently install windows 10 using media creation tool. I choose uefi in bios in place of legacy os before installation. Then install using usb (media creation tool ). but now on advance startup option under recovery option it doesnot show uefi setting so
    what to do. please help me show that I can fix this. Thanks

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC]

007IND, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting - Similar Threads - uefi setting shown

2. Windows 10 advanced sound settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 advanced sound settings.: Under Advanced sound options, separate volume controls are listed for some apps. For example, I see Firefox and Thunderbird. But why not iTunes, or Chrome, or Edge, or Spotify and similar apps? I discovered this when I was diagnosing why Firefox audio would come out of my USB...
  3. advanced settings

advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11
  4. unable to restart using advanced startup to access uefi settings

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    unable to restart using advanced startup to access uefi settings: as the title describes, i am completely unable to restart from "settings, recovery, advanced startup". for those who are not familiar with the menu i am trying to describe, it's this one. no matter what option i select on that list, my computer turns off, turns back on and...
  5. I cant find BIOS uefi setting in advance setting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant find BIOS uefi setting in advance setting in windows 10: [ATTACH] I cant find the BIOS UEFI settings in advanced setting in windows 10. Please how do I fix this. Please help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-find-bios-uefi-setting-in-advance-setting/9467be6f-6e77-431d-8251-d7aada9736e3
  6. "Change settings that are currently unavailable" is not shown in "Advanced power settings" menu

"Change settings that are currently unavailable" is not shown in "Advanced power settings" menu: I just reinstalled Windows on my laptop. However, when I wanted to change some power settings in the control panel, a lot of the options were not visible and the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" was no longer there. I managed to change the setting that I...
  7. UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart

UEFI Settings won't show in advance restart: Hey, basically my uefi settings won't show in advanced restart i also have tried to go into the bios to disable secure boot but secure boot is not an option, is this just me? Also is there a solution?...
  8. Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10

Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10: I use Acer spin 7 (64 bit) system with windows 10 and currently trying to dual boot my system with Ubuntu 16. As Windows 10 was installed in UEFI mode so I know that I need to install Ubuntu in UEFI mode as well. I am also aware that in order to that, firstly I need to...
  9. Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting

Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting: I am trying to get UEFI enabled on my Lenovo M91P so I can install a larger than 2TB hard drive. I downloaded the latest BIOS and flashed it successfully. I can see the auto / legacy / UEFI boot option in the firmware setup screen, so it looks to be fully updated and that...
  10. Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting

Windows 10 UEFI setting not showing in advance setting: I am trying to get UEFI enabled on my Lenovo M91P so I can install a larger than 2TB hard drive. I downloaded the latest BIOS and flashed it successfully. I can see the auto / legacy / UEFI boot option in the firmware setup screen, so it looks to be fully updated and that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 uefi setting not shown in advance setting