Windows 10: Windows 10 UI and Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 UI and Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why Microsoft is not adding fluent design system to its dialog boxes and context menu. It looks weird some parts of windows adapted fluent design but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dineshmaripi, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 UI and Issues

Why Microsoft is not adding fluent design system to its dialog boxes and context menu. It looks weird some parts of windows adapted fluent design but still in many places fluent design is not present. I want Microsoft to ditch its ugly Ribbon UI in file explorer and office suite apps and bring new icons to replace those legacy icons that looks terrible as hell. Even the Action center needs some refinement. I wish Microsoft would bring rounded icons instead of tiles in Action center and It will be nice if they make font-weight: bold by default in their windows UI. ​

:)

dineshmaripi, Nov 14, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 UI and Issues

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 UI and Issues

1. Windows 10 UI and Issues - Similar Threads - Issues

2. Win 10 Pro issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro issue: When I attempt to shutdown the PC by choosing 'shutdown' from the start menu it will appear to shutdown but then start again. I've tried many of the so called fixes and none correct the issue. Got frustrated and wiped my drives clean (all 4 of them) and guess what? The...
  3. Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Home to Pro Upgrade issue: I have a brand new computer with Windows 10 Home that I want to upgrade to Pro. I went through the Microsoft Store, searched Windows 10 Pro, clicked Upgrade, paid the $99, and then clicked Install. But after the restart, my System dialog shows that I have a non-genuine...
  4. Network Connectivity issues after Feature to Windows 10 1909 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connectivity issues after Feature to Windows 10 1909 update: After having recently updated to Feature to Windows 10 1909 update I started having intermittent network/internet connectivity issues, particularly after my pc has been on sleep mode. So finally after resetting my network connection several times and trying every single...
  5. Issues with clicking the left button on my mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with clicking the left button on my mouse: Sometimes when a new window pops up on my windows 10 laptop I am unable to left-click to select something. To get it to work I have to right-click first, then I am able to left-click on it. Its like the focus goes out. I am using the Dell wireless mouse that came with my...
  6. Windows Date and Time issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Date and Time issue: Date and time has the wrong timezone. Changing it manually does not change the time. Changing time server does not help, setting a default location doesn't either, stopping Windows Time service and setting to automatic then starting it does not work....
  7. Odd Issue....Multiple Log In Accounts on One Machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Issue....Multiple Log In Accounts on One Machine: I have 5 Windows 10 machines at home. They're all under my microsoft account...same password to sign in and I'm the only one who uses them. But I have one that has a second account. Same name (mine) but my password doesn't work. I show that I'm the only account.administrator...
  8. Cherry MX Board 1.0 Backlight issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cherry MX Board 1.0 Backlight issues: Hi, I have recently purchased a Cherry MX Board 1.0 BacklightI have noticed that keys that have a dual function such as the top row of number keys don't appear to also illuminate the other/bottom function. For example, the top row number 1 key is also ! when shift is used but...
  9. Activation Issues!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Issues!: Hello, I am getting the message below on a new computer I bought preinstalled with windows. This copy of Windows is not Activated. Help me out. Thanks. Emmanuel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-issues/e5dbc6c6-d4cc-44ed-b0e2-18cb42ae4d13"
  10. Issues while sending attachments using Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues while sending attachments using Mail app: Just like in this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/all/attachments/2908a724-3a64-431f-825b-0960974c8957 I have the same problem. I send emails but the attachments - that I KNOW are there - don't send. They are removed from the email, which is then...