Windows 10: Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!!

Discus and support Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows 10 UI is less than impressive when it comes to look and feel. Windows 10 seems to be a good operating system. However, you would think that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WinX_03, Sep 4, 2018.

1. WinX_03 Win User

Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!!

The Windows 10 UI is less than impressive when it comes to look and feel. Windows 10 seems to be a good operating system. However, you would think that Microsoft could do much more to impress the eye when it comes to the UI of this OS. Windows Vista was hands down the best looking OS even though it had it's own issues. Windows 7 was basically the same look as vista minus some of the Vista UI appeal. Even Windows 8.1 had better looking icons than Windows 10. I wish that Microsoft would make Windows 10 look better. The dull UI makes Windows 10 a very boring experience to use. I bought my new PC with Windows 10 Pro and felt like it was a major downgrade from my old Windows 7 Pro PC.

Does anyone else think that the Windows 10 UI is ugly and boring?

:)

WinX_03, Sep 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 UI Ugliness and duality

He,

I must say that I love windows 10 so far (from an OS stand-point).

BUT the UI is so insanely ugly that it gets harder and harder to like the OS.

In my opinion there is a serious design clash going on between the overly white, flat and contrast less OS windows with classic yellow/blue icons and the overly darkened modern task-bar / start button.

When is this ugliness and duality going to end?

It looks like it's freely designed by 50 people with no way what so ever of communicating with each other.

Also having two control panels is still too cumbersome.

summed: the whole cluttered high contrast design puts a strain on my eyes and just makes me feel agitated / not at ease (hard to explain since I'm Dutch).

Sorry, just had to vent my opinion, ---> the days of the calm and unified classic UI is over I guess and in comes the neon!

Pim

Pim Scheffers, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Ugly icons, cheap UI look

I have to agree with this. The windows color scheme and flat look is really bothersome. I don't know how this looks on a windows phone (and don't care enough to ever get one), but the look of Windows 10 is a complete step backward. None of the other
    mobile operating systems are this ugly.

historation, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!! - Similar Threads - UGLY BORING

2. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...
  3. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!: I need help changing the font back to the one I had before. I haven't went to settings and changed anything it just randomly changed itself. I've looked everywhere and nothing people have said to do is working. It doesn't just change the font, it also makes text very small on...
  4. EVERY WEBSITE IS CHANGED TO A UGLY BOLD FONT!! PLEASE HELP!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does Windows not offer an easy way to change those ugly yellow folder icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows not offer an easy way to change those ugly yellow folder icons?: And I'm not talking about a single one individually. I really don't want to install some shady 3rd party tool to change them. But I really need a change. And for some reason, I can't change the taskbar color to black. It's always this dark grey. Because "This color is not...
  6. Why does Windows not offer an easy way to change those ugly yellow folder icons?

Why does Windows not offer an easy way to change those ugly yellow folder icons?: And I'm not talking about a single one individually. I really don't want to install some shady 3rd party tool to change them. But I really need a change. And for some reason, I can't change the taskbar color to black. It's always this dark grey. Because "This color is not...
  7. Why does Windows not offer an easy way to change those ugly yellow folder icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why is windows so **** **** ugly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows so **** **** ugly?: How do I get my Windows 10 ribbon back in the Windows 11 file explorer? The new explorer has nested menus which is a genuine paint in the ****. Did anybody check and verify the usability of this new UI? Who made the stupid decision to get rid of the ribbon?...
  9. Why is windows so **** **** ugly?

Why is windows so **** **** ugly?: How do I get my Windows 10 ribbon back in the Windows 11 file explorer? The new explorer has nested menus which is a genuine paint in the ****. Did anybody check and verify the usability of this new UI? Who made the stupid decision to get rid of the ribbon?...
  10. my problem is i didnt put that ugly woman on this computer. the google accout gmail is...

my problem is i didnt put that ugly woman on this computer. the google accout gmail is...: Somone put a ugly woman on gmail i just made my apple mac pro was stolen i never had google or microsoft accout that worked on apple computer iphone ipad. now i have a dellwith windows and its a nightmare for me to go through people putting photo and google mail as my user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is ugly

2. windows 10 ui ugly

3. windows 10 ui boring

4. windows 10 ugly UI