Windows 10: Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!!

Discus and support Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The Windows 10 UI is less than impressive when it comes to look and feel. Windows 10 seems to be a good operating system. However, you would think that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WinX_03, Sep 4, 2018.

1. WinX_03 Win User

Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!!

The Windows 10 UI is less than impressive when it comes to look and feel. Windows 10 seems to be a good operating system. However, you would think that Microsoft could do much more to impress the eye when it comes to the UI of this OS. Windows Vista was hands down the best looking OS even though it had it's own issues. Windows 7 was basically the same look as vista minus some of the Vista UI appeal. Even Windows 8.1 had better looking icons than Windows 10. I wish that Microsoft would make Windows 10 look better. The dull UI makes Windows 10 a very boring experience to use. I bought my new PC with Windows 10 Pro and felt like it was a major downgrade from my old Windows 7 Pro PC.

Does anyone else think that the Windows 10 UI is ugly and boring?

:)

WinX_03, Sep 4, 2018

2. Windows 10 UI Ugliness and duality

He,

I must say that I love windows 10 so far (from an OS stand-point).

BUT the UI is so insanely ugly that it gets harder and harder to like the OS.

In my opinion there is a serious design clash going on between the overly white, flat and contrast less OS windows with classic yellow/blue icons and the overly darkened modern task-bar / start button.

When is this ugliness and duality going to end?

It looks like it's freely designed by 50 people with no way what so ever of communicating with each other.

Also having two control panels is still too cumbersome.

summed: the whole cluttered high contrast design puts a strain on my eyes and just makes me feel agitated / not at ease (hard to explain since I'm Dutch).

Sorry, just had to vent my opinion, ---> the days of the calm and unified classic UI is over I guess and in comes the neon!

Pim

Pim Scheffers, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Ugly icons, cheap UI look

I have to agree with this. The windows color scheme and flat look is really bothersome. I don't know how this looks on a windows phone (and don't care enough to ever get one), but the look of Windows 10 is a complete step backward. None of the other
    mobile operating systems are this ugly.

historation, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 UI is UGLY and BORING!! - Similar Threads - UGLY BORING

2. Context menu ugly

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu ugly: Hello, before, my context menu is okay but now, it's ugly. How do I fix this? Th is in windows 10. Thanks - - - Updated - - - The context menu is also thinner than normal. 178988
  3. Help me here. Colors look ugly and keyboard doesn't register inputs anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me here. Colors look ugly and keyboard doesn't register inputs anymore.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Low-Instance-4692 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mdmh85/help_me_here_colors_look_ugly_and_keyboard_doesnt/
  4. Fix Ugly Start Menu?

Fix Ugly Start Menu?: I've just downloaded the newest version of Windows 10, and man, I really don't like the new Start Menu. Is there a way to get the old folders back, like how they were tied to your theme color? They look terrible now. Also, they got rid of colored tiles for me, so applications...
  5. Anyone have a fix for this huge ugly highlighter problem?

Anyone have a fix for this huge ugly highlighter problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pabloboii69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lad94g/anyone_have_a_fix_for_this_huge_ugly_highlighter/
  6. Font rendering ugly, image quality ugly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Font rendering ugly, image quality ugly: hello all is ugly, I almost questioned if I installed the driver correctly, removed it and reinstalled it, no thing I have done seem to workI did changed resolutions, trying to change bit depth I have Lenovo l560, graphic: Intel HD graphic 520...
  7. How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess?

How do I get the "Apps List" Start menu, instead of this ugly mess?: Image: https://prnt.sc/w0adil I can't find the Apps List I see on other peoples' systems anywhere, how do I get it to show? submitted by /u/Recktoz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaxnha/how_do_i_get_the_apps_list_start_menu_instead_of/
  8. Taskbar Bluetooth Icon - It's ugly!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar Bluetooth Icon - It's ugly!: Hi all, I am always wondering why can't we have black Bluetooth icon to match the design of all the other icons on the taskbar and be consistent. There's one for WIFI, why not Bluetooth. [ATTACH] That is how it looks on MacOS, and I think that is how it should look like...
  9. ugly reinstall of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ugly reinstall of windows 10: it fried my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ugly-reinstall-of-windows-10/e4b77b98-5f1b-4a54-a20e-235af87e946a
  10. Why are Windows emojis so ugly and is there any way to replace them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are Windows emojis so ugly and is there any way to replace them?: I hate the ugly black outline of the emojis on Windows. I want to replace the emojis systemwide with Apple's ones. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-windows-emojis-so-ugly-and-is-there-any/2326a51e-0486-448a-badb-5b1f473dd875

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is ugly

2. windows 10 ui ugly

3. windows 10 ui boring

4. windows 10 ugly UI