Windows 10: windows 10 ui issue of folder icon

Discus and support windows 10 ui issue of folder icon in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, could you please help me with this issue: My windows recommend scale was 125%, and I changed it to 100%. Then when I opened the folder's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by user20200603, Jun 3, 2020.

1. windows 10 ui issue of folder icon

Hello, could you please help me with this issue:

My windows recommend scale was 125%, and I changed it to 100%.

Then when I opened the folder's properties, general tab information came a issue as below.

windows 10 ui issue of folder icon 8b11be72-84fd-4efe-b6ea-d6c7cb6a8b43?upload=true.png

folder icon shows wrong ratio ---> wrong height, right width, I think

When I customize icon, it shows more obvious.

windows 10 ui issue of folder icon c3b5c277-d27e-45f6-8250-6fe5c67e9758?upload=true.png

However, when I turn on a .txt file properties, everything was fine. windows 10 ui issue of folder icon 2987e93a-ac4d-4a42-b332-16334c5b550d?upload=true.png

Please help. Thanks.

:)

user20200603, Jun 3, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 3, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

windows 10 ui issue of folder icon

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 ui issue of folder icon

1. windows 10 ui issue of folder icon - Similar Threads - issue folder icon

2. Issues with UI in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI in Windows 11: I get some weird things in my computer if I leave it for a while when I come back the icons in the taskbar are not showing but are clickable to fix it I need to restart or end the explorer.exe task and run it again another thing is when trying to shut down I can click the...
  3. Issues with UI in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with UI in Windows 11: I get some weird things in my computer if I leave it for a while when I come back the icons in the taskbar are not showing but are clickable to fix it I need to restart or end the explorer.exe task and run it again another thing is when trying to shut down I can click the...
  4. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  5. Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with UI scaling on only parts of the UI: I turned on my Windows 10 system to discover a weird issue with the UI where portions of the UI is massive and much of the rest of the UI is normal. The system was shut down the night prior through the start menu with no issues. Yes, the ui scale is set to 100% in the start...
  6. Windows Defender UI Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender UI Issue?: PUP/PUA and Exploit Protection is missing from Microsoft Defender UI. Why has it Happened? How to solve it? Also, does it mean PUP and exploit guard is inactive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-ui-issue/23b68c49-6d87-4529-b95c-cd3b0cac48a0
  7. Windows Defender UI Issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender UI Issue?: PUP/PUA and Exploit Protection is missing from Microsoft Defender UI. Why has it Happened? How to solve it? Also, does it mean PUP and exploit guard is inactive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-ui-issue/23b68c49-6d87-4529-b95c-cd3b0cac48a0
  8. windows 10 ui issue of folder icon by an Obsessive-compulsive disorder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 ui issue of folder icon by an Obsessive-compulsive disorder.: Hello, could you please help me with this issue: My windows recommend scale was 125%, and I changed it to 100%. Then when I opened the folder's properties, general tab information came out an issue as below. [ATTACH] folder icon shows wrong ratio ---> wrong height,...
  9. Windows 10 UI and Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 UI and Issues: Why Microsoft is not adding fluent design system to its dialog boxes and context menu. It looks weird some parts of windows adapted fluent design but still in many places fluent design is not present. I want Microsoft to ditch its ugly Ribbon UI in file explorer and office...
  10. Windows 10 ui issue with abnormal features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 ui issue with abnormal features: [IMG]windows ui suddenly broken. It wont show ui on any application. Desktop and file explorer remains normal, where other apps looks like broken....