Windows 10: Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down. Other...

Discus and support Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down. Other... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 settings language, keyboard layout, etc. are reset to US default, Thunderbird address book emptied and email accounts' details lost, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John DBevan, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down. Other...

Windows 10 settings language, keyboard layout, etc. are reset to US default, Thunderbird address book emptied and email accounts' details lost, and Edge browser favourites are cleared, after Restart, or after Shut Down then later power on. Each time these are lost I go into Win 10 Settings and choose the UK options I want for Win 10, and painfully input my email accounts' details server names, etc. This loss and resetting has happened at least 4 times to date. I have not tried recovering my lost email address book or browser favourites. Everything then appears ok, so long as I do not power off!

This has been going on for about 5 days now, first with Win 10 v 1903 installed Aug 2019, then with v 1909 installed Feb 16th 2020. Today is Feb 18. Apart from Win 10 updates I have made few if any changes to hardware or software in the last few weeks. Each of the 4+ times I have however received strange messages about "servicepack1864-972.exe" installation and about signing in to my Microsoft account. I do not know the settings I am concerned about are saved.

Help please! I have tried searching for similar problems, but to no avail.

:)

John DBevan, Feb 18, 2020

2. How to reset Windows 10 settings to default?

Hi,

As per your concern, some settings on Windows 10 have default options. You can reset Windows 10 to its defaults app by following this steps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • On the left side, select Default app.

Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down.  Other... ea3e6a93-7042-4c55-9b4e-a912780c3b97.png

• Under Reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults, click Reset.
    Regarding your concern with default button on each setting, you have a great idea. We suggest that you share your comments on our Windows Feedback hub for us to improve our services. Simply type
    Windows Feedback on the Start menu.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    Windows 10 always resets my Time

Is your time zone set correctly in the OS? The OS has the ability to change the CMOS clock, so if you didn't setup your Windows Time correctly, then it is defaulted to Pacific Standard Time. It could also be a CMOS battery issue...but usually your time AND date will reset...so you'll see 12:00, January 1, 1979 or similar if the clock is resetting from a bad CMOS. If you shut your PC down, unplug it from the wall for say like 10 minutes, then plug back in and boot into BIOS, is your time/date wrong?

Kursah, Feb 18, 2020
  4. ilgoldman Win User

Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down. Other...

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down.  Other... :confused:*Mad Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down.  Other... :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down. Other...

1. Windows 10 UK settings are reset to US defaults after every Restart or Shut Down. Other... - Similar Threads - settings are reset

2. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  3. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  4. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  5. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  6. Task Bar Resets After Every Shut Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Resets After Every Shut Down: Picture 1: What I have it set up as and would like to keep it as centered.Picture 2: What it resets to every time I open the computer after shutting down/resetting shifts left and removes the "links tab".I've tried to lock the taskbar using the Registry Editor Picture 3...
  7. every time i restart or shut down my pc all settings get set back to default

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    every time i restart or shut down my pc all settings get set back to default: it started when i saw an update was released so i restarted my pc to do the update. on signing back into my computer everything was reset to default like all my accounts were sing out of, default browser was changed, all my stuff was unpinned from taskbar and many more. when...
  8. US vs UK keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    US vs UK keyboard settings: Hi, After latest Windows 10 update, Jelly Comb wireless UK English keyboard has keys using US setting. Windows settings show all language settings are English UK - no sign of any US language setting anywhere. Update driver shows that all is OK. Please can someone help...
  9. Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu resetting to default after every restart.: Hi, I've reset my PC recently, and since then, my Start Menu keeps resetting to its default after restarting my PC. Also, when I try to pin any apps to the Start Menu, they don't physically appear in the menu. But when I right click the app again, the option "unpin from...
  10. Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings'

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings': I've just reinstalled Windows 10 x64 1809 today and tried opening the 'Startup Settings' menu by going to Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup (Restart Now) and then choosing the 'Startup Settings' option. This restarted my PC, but sadly, instead of...