Windows 10: Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I enabled the Ultimate Performance mode on my Windows 10 laptop (21H1 update) and ran Cinebench R23 to check the performance of the CPU in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rinjo, Jul 31, 2021.

1. rinjo Win User

Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode

Hi, I enabled the Ultimate Performance mode on my Windows 10 laptop (21H1 update) and ran Cinebench R23 to check the performance of the CPU in this mode. However, I was left quite disappointed. The Multi-core and Single-core scores I got was exactly the same that I had got when I had run with High Performance mode enabled. One thing I observed was the all CPU cores was being run at its highest frequency (3.4 GHz) even when the laptop was idling in Ultimate mode. Can anyone explain how the Ultimate mode works and in which scenarios it might prove handy? Regards,

:)

rinjo, Jul 31, 2021

2. Microsoft Adding "Ultimate Performance Mode" To Windows 10

In a blog post, Microsoft detailed some new features that have become available for Microsoft's Insider Program Fast Ring users, of which the titular "Ultimate Performance Mode" certainly wrings the most attention. The Ultimate Performance Mode is really a performance plan integrated into Windows, which basically throws all power saving features out the Window to make sure that the underlying hardware is always running at its peak performance. Microsoft says that latencies and microstutters should be reduced as much as possible, thus allowing users to wring "ultimate performance" from their systems.

Microsoft says this is focused on the Workstation market, and should be especially deployed in mission critical scenarios where every second counts (wait, doesn't gaming qualify by this measure?) As a result of this re-balancing on idle and power states, power consumption goes up; the main reason why Microsoft isn't making this feature available for battery-powered devices - at least for now. The consumer side of the equation is being left out in the cold, for now, when it comes to this Ultimate Performance Mode; but users should remain optimistic. There's no reason why Microsoft would leave this option to Workstation environments only, so a consumer-focused release (be it in the Insider Fast Ring or on the regular Windows 10 update cycles) is still out in the open.

Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode hxUpx8Zjdfn0oyDd_thm.jpg

Raevenlord, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Asesjix Win User
    How to enable Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10?

The "Ultimate Performance" power plan exists since Windows 10 Version 1803.
    To activate the Power Plan, the following steps must be taken:

1. Open cmd.exe as Administrator
    2. Duplicate the scheme with: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
    3. Copy the guid from ultimate plan
    4. Set the ultimate plan active with: powercfg /setactive <GUID>

Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode RZIke.png

Asesjix, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode

Ultimate Performance Mode on a laptop

HI, I realize that the Ultimate Performance Power Mode isn't enabled for devices with batteries but, is there a way to force enable it anyways?

RedStarFire, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode

1. Windows 10 Ultimate Performance mode - Similar Threads - Ultimate Performance mode

2. Ultimate Performance Battery Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate Performance Battery Plan: I was just wondering how to enable the ultimate performance battery plan on my dell laptop running windows 11.I have tried using cmd prompt and powershell with admin by typing this into both: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 but I am still not...
  3. Ultimate Performance Battery Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ultimate Performance Battery Plan: I was just wondering how to enable the ultimate performance battery plan on my dell laptop running windows 11.I have tried using cmd prompt and powershell with admin by typing this into both: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 but I am still not...
  4. Ultimate Performance in Power Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ultimate Performance in Power Options: Can I keep Ultimate Performance on forever? 183074
  5. Is Ultimate Performance Safe to use?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is Ultimate Performance Safe to use?: I have found in my Power Plan Ultimate Performance, but i never used it before, is it safe to use it??MY PC:Motherboard: AMD B450MProcessor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 3.7GHz, QuadCoreRAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHzGraphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC, 6GB GDDR6SSD: 480GB...
  6. Ultimate Performance mode option is gone!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ultimate Performance mode option is gone!: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 700 2in1 a pretty good laptop except for the fact it has no graphics card. This drawback was overcome by having the Ultimate performance mode power option which allowed the CPU to reach its boost clock speeds. But today when I booted up the laptop...
  7. Cant find ultimate performance mode.

Cant find ultimate performance mode.: Alrighty so ive been trying to get Ultimate Performance mode to work but it hasnt been showing up. Every solution ive found hasnt worked, ive dont everything i could. Im not sure what else to do other than ask for help here. submitted by /u/balloonidiot [link] [comments]...
  8. Norton Utilities Premium Ultra Performance vs. Windows 10 Ultimate Performance is there a...

Norton Utilities Premium Ultra Performance vs. Windows 10 Ultimate Performance is there a...: If anybody is familiar with Norton then they should be familiar with Norton Utilities Premium which is an application that increases your computer's performance with many of the tools that it has to offer, the application also has a power optimizer just like what Windows 10...
  9. Where is the ultimate performance mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where is the ultimate performance mode: i upgraded to windows 10 pro for ws from w10 pro.But Ultimate mode didnt come Help me ***Post moved by the Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***...
  10. Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10: I did this trick on a win home 1803 version and while it does show the plan alright. Looking at the actual power plan in the reg key e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 shows very little, there only a few keys and are same as HP plan. So IMO either this trick doesn't fully...