Windows 10: Windows 10 un hide desktop folders

Discus and support Windows 10 un hide desktop folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 un hide desktop folders - How do I unhide desktop folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DianeLaMonaca, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 un hide desktop folders

Windows 10 un hide desktop folders -

How do I unhide desktop folders

:)

DianeLaMonaca, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 un hide desktop folders

[Windows 10] hide/prohibit install of specific Windows Update

Edit: Try "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package first and let us know if it works for you.

Adapted from Preventing a certain Windows Update from installing on Windows 10 by Igal Tabachnik.
    • Uninstall the problematical driver/update.
    • Restart the computer, if necessary, and/or switch to an administrator account.
    • Download Windows Update PowerShell Module and extract it to: %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules After doing so, you will have a %WINDIR%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\PSWindowsUpdate folder with a bunch of files.
    • Start -> All Apps -> expand Windows PowerShell -> right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator. This is very important or you'll get errors in Windows PowerShell.
    • Now you should see the PowerShell window and you'll have to enter a series of commands. First order of business is loading up PSWindowsUpdate. Note: You have to do this every time you restart PowerShell and want to use PSWindowsUpdate commands!
      CommandDescriptionSet-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -ForceAllows the use of unsigned PowerShell scripts.Import-Module PSWindowsUpdateLoads PSWindowsUpdateSet-ExecutionPolicy Restricted -ForceClose the potential security hole.
    • Enter Get-WUList. This command will take a little while to execute. It retrieves the list of all available updates on Windows Update. If you do not see the problematical update here, it is either no longer being offered or it is installed.
    • Now you need to decide how to filter what update you want to hide. Here's some examples:
      CommandDescriptionHide-WUUpdate -Title "*Realtek High Definition Audio"This looks for a title that ends with (note the asterisk) "Realtek High Definition Audio"Hide-WUUpdate -Title "Realtek*"This looks for a title that starts with (note the asterisk) "Realtek"
      When you enter the above command, it will loop through all results it finds and ask whether or not you want to hide it. Make sure you only say "yes" to the one you want hidden and "no" to the rest.
    • It will automatically show the updated results. Verify there is an "H" under the status of the ones you want hidden and not behind the rest. If it is correct, close out of PowerShell and return to your normal user account if necessary. Run Windows Update and the update should not show/install.
    If you want to unhide an update, add -HideStatus:$false to the Hide-WUUpdate command.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 un hide desktop folders

1. Windows 10 un hide desktop folders - Similar Threads - hide desktop folders

2. How to un-hide a SSD partition ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to un-hide a SSD partition ?: Like many others I'm having a problem installing update KB5034441 on Windows 10.Thought I'd take a look at the size of my recovery partition but didn't see any partition labeled as such in Disk Management. The lower section did show a 527MB partition without a label.I found a...
  3. How to un-hide a SSD partition ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to un-hide a SSD partition ?: Like many others I'm having a problem installing update KB5034441 on Windows 10.Thought I'd take a look at the size of my recovery partition but didn't see any partition labeled as such in Disk Management. The lower section did show a 527MB partition without a label.I found a...
  4. How to un-hide a SSD partition ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to hide folders on the PC Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to hide folders on the PC Windows 10?: Is it possible to hide the slso that amn can only access the folders with a numerical code or if so how? Kann man Ordner verbergen am PC Windows 10?
  6. Is it possible to make applications not un-hide taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make applications not un-hide taskbar?: I like to have my taskbar hide automatically, but when I get a notification on an app, it un-hides my taskbar, and I only want the taskbar to unhide when I put my mouse at the bottom of the screen. Is it possible to edit the Windows Registry to make apps not force the...
  7. Un-Hide a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Un-Hide a folder: One of my folders has gone walkabouts since an update. My Pictures folder on my D: drive has vanished and I can only find some photo's but they were 'hidden' but the folder itself is not showing in the directory so I'm guessing it has somehow been hidden during the last...
  8. Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide: Hello Everybody If I want hide my desktop Icons I must click hide desktop icons.... but one time is not enough, it happens only at second turn. If reebot the icons returns show. How I can resolve? Thank you...
  9. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices: Hello; Pictures are enclosed and marked accordingly on the bottom Working with Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 OS Build 15063.483 64 Bit x64-Based Processor I have a unique pain in the butt.I built this PC in 2011, and have had no problems with it until April. 2...
  10. Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show All Icons on Your Desktop in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell unhide this pc on desktop

2. how to get help in windows 10 un hide