Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to boot even after using usb recovery,i just have 3 versions of windows...

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to boot even after using usb recovery,i just have 3 versions of windows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As per title all help appreciated..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveEastburn1, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 unable to boot even after using usb recovery,i just have 3 versions of windows...

As per title all help appreciated..

:)

DaveEastburn1, Nov 22, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 22, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 unable to boot even after using usb recovery,i just have 3 versions of windows...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 unable to boot even after using usb recovery,i just have 3 versions of windows...

1. Windows 10 unable to boot even after using usb recovery,i just have 3 versions of windows... - Similar Threads - unable boot using

2. can you use a windows 10 recovery usb that has a newer version on older windows 10 versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you use a windows 10 recovery usb that has a newer version on older windows 10 versions?: i wanna ask this question since my windows installation just broke. luckily i have a recovery drive lying around but its from version 21h2, and my pc currently has 21h1 installed. will this still work? i really dont wanna try it out right now just in case lol...
  3. can you use a windows 10 recovery usb that has a newer version on older windows 10 versions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can you use a windows 10 recovery usb that has a newer version on older windows 10 versions?: i wanna ask this question since my windows installation just broke. luckily i have a recovery drive lying around but its from version 21h2, and my pc currently has 21h1 installed. will this still work? i really dont wanna try it out right now just in case lol...
  4. unable to have feature update Windows 10, version 20H2 even after install and restart

unable to have feature update Windows 10, version 20H2 even after install and restart: i have updated Windows 10, version 20H2 and restarted few times but still after doing so it is showing pending restart and window doesnt update to new feature . what to do? and i am using model no- TOR699QH...
  5. Windows 10 USB boot recovery not working

Windows 10 USB boot recovery not working: Hello, My laptop stopped working recently so I downloaded and ran the windows 10 recovery tool, it worked perfectly the first time but after a while the laptop stopped working again, this time when I boot up the usb recovery tool, it still shows the blue windows logo but it...
  6. Unable to use recovery usb after error 0x000000e following attempt to repair windows 10 boot

Unable to use recovery usb after error 0x000000e following attempt to repair windows 10 boot: I've got an old machine that's seen lots of incremental changes, including an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 that resulted in Windows 10 getting installed over disks 0 and 1 C: and D: drive respectively. Drive C is a Samsung SSD and was partitioned as Healthy Boot,...
  7. how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10

how to boot into recovery mode using usb created by hp usb recovery to format windows 10: I created a Windows 10 recovery USB using HP recovery Software following screenshots.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Now I get a popup like this [ATTACH] I closed this I could not understand from it what to do. I...
  8. I Have used windows recovery and reinstall windows 10 after recover using recovery now I...

I Have used windows recovery and reinstall windows 10 after recover using recovery now I...: I Have used windows recovery and reinstall windows 10 after recover using recovery now I have problem Activating my windows 10[ATTACH] I tried to fix it by activation trouble shoot I got this [ATTACH] I clicked on the trouble shoot learn more and download the media it...
  9. windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 recovery using the windows 8.1 recovery USB: Have a virus on computer which have not been able to get rid of and want to do a complete restore of the windows system. Can I use the windows 8.1 recovery usb to start the restore and then do a reinstallation of the windows 10 upgrade. I did make a windows 10 recovery usb...
  10. Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive: Hi, the other day I was greeted with blue screen that "a required device is not connected" and the PC wont boot. I tried EasyBCD but it did not work and stuck on some ATA error loop. But after that I got a new blue screen and this time "The Boot Configuration Data file...