Windows 10: Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Discus and support Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134) on a Dell G3 and have been trying to get the latest Windows 10 updates installed, but part way through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveErrey71, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134) on a Dell G3 and have been trying to get the latest Windows 10 updates installed, but part way through installation I get the message "Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes" and it rolls everything back.

I've run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and it finds issues each time it's run and says that it's fixed them. Then I run it again and it finds the same issues and says once again that it's fixed them.

Any thoughts?

:)

SteveErrey71, Jan 25, 2019

2. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Hi,

If you receive We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don’t turn off your computer message, and your Windows 10/8/7 PC is stuck in a loop, then this post may help you.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/we-couldnt-comple...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Yank M

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Jan 25, 2019
  3. etalerico Win User
    Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

We have been doing successful updates since we've owned this computer for 2 years. Its a Dell All In One. The last successful update was on 4/11/2018. Now for the last two weeks we keep getting this every day after it almost completes the update to 100%:
    "unable to complete updates. Undoing changes" I get no error code. I tried the trouble shooter and this is what it gave me:

etalerico, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Windows can't complete the update and then it undoes all the changes

I am trying to update my windows to 1809, to use the ray tracing features on my RTX 2070. I am currently on version 1803. When I try to update using the windows 10 update assistant, it goes through all the steps but once it restarts to update I start to
    have problems. It gets to 16% complete and then starts undoing changes. How can I fix this?

AtomicWorms, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

1. Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes - Similar Threads - Unable complete updates

2. windows 10 update couldn't complete undoing changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update couldn't complete undoing changes: hi guys, i have the problem that windows want to install the latest updates but couldnt install it and undoing all changes. The result is that i have no sound and cant install new graphic card drivers or sound drivers, can somebody please help me out? thx in advance**** moved...
  3. Unable to complete the update undoing changes

Unable to complete the update undoing changes: All my systems in my office will not update and gives me the error undoing changes. I have tried many things on the web but to no avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-complete-the-update-undoing-changes/0629ff89-f37a-4ea4-be87-67cf778324c2
  4. Cannot complete update/Undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot complete update/Undoing changes: After troubleshooting a problem with my HP Pavilion desktop running Windows 10, tech support told me that I had to reinstall the operating system; which I did by following the link provided to Microsoft and downloading the installation file. That solved my problem. However,...
  5. Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes

Couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes: Hello everyone, So I have been trying for a month or 2 to install a Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 20H2, that update being KB5000802. Last update I could install was on February 24 KB4023057. Everytime I try to restart my pc and install the cumulative one...
  6. Couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes: This issue started specifically with KB4566782 (error code 0x800f0922), but I uninstalled the previous couple of updates and then tried to reinstall them (incase they had been installed incorrectly before), but now I’m getting the same error even trying to reinstall those...
  7. Unable to complete updates, Undoing Changes - Windows Update

Unable to complete updates, Undoing Changes - Windows Update: Hello, For the last 2 months, I have been struggling to update my windows 10 device receiving the notification "Unable to update, Undoing Changes" each time. I have tried several solutions that have been posted on older posts regarding the same issue and also others that...
  8. Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: My Lenovo 100s was doing windows 10 update to 1909 and is now stuck in loop saying " undoing changes made to your computer" I've tried doing manual hard reset power off and then on 3 times to access safe boot, but it does not go into safe boot mode and continues in loop....
  9. Windows 10 Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Windows 10 Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: Ive tried Safe Mode, full re-download, running DSIM, renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder (it said this folder doesnt exist), ive run windows update troubleshooter, I ran a SFC scan. Each time windows update will run through the download, reboot and begin installing on...
  10. Unable to complete Updates - undoing

Unable to complete Updates - undoing: Hi, we had a power shortage and when I reopened the pc, I had a message that there was an update. The updates got stuck at 94% after 4 hours of running. I did a reboot and got the same thing, it was stuck at 94% overnight. I reboot again and got the message We could not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to complete update

2. windows 10 is undoing recent changes

3. unable to upgrade windows 10 to version 1909

4. unable to complete update. undoing changes. how to fix,
  5. windows 10 ends on 30 % and begins to undo changes,
  6. unable to complete updates,
  7. Windows 10 Is Unable To Complete Update On My Computer- Is Anyone Else Having This Problem?,
  8. win 10 undoing changes to system,
  9. microsoft undoes update changes,
  10. unable to update cumulativr 1903 undo chnages,
  11. windows 10 undoing changes after update,
  12. windows 10 update going good then undoing changes,
  13. undoing changes in windows 10,
  14. unable to complete updates undoing changes,
  15. unable to finish update windows 10