Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Device manager says my adapter is working fine. Troubleshooting cannot diagnose a problem. Already uninstalled, reinstalled and updated drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Motherfucker_Jones_1, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

• Device manager says my adapter is working fine.
    • Troubleshooting cannot diagnose a problem.
    • Already uninstalled, reinstalled and updated drivers.
    • Already did a Windows Restore.
    • Bluetooth, Wifi and internet work fine.

Just a couple of days ago I've seen the icon in Control Panel. Now it's gone, but I can still see it in Device Manager (My Computer).

I did a Network Reset before the problem started, it may be it.

submitted by /u/Motherfucker_Jones_1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Motherfucker_Jones_1, Sep 16, 2020

2. Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Hello,

In most cases, making changes to your email profile will require you to do it using the
    Mail icon in the Control Panel. If the icon is missing, installing available

Windows updates
    can help you fix issues with missing icons in the Control Panel. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you using the Exchange server on your email?

In the meantime, we suggest using the search box in the Control Panel window and
    type Mail to see if the applet will appear.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 16, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

Windows 10 can't connect to lan gaming

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Network Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

1. Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel. - Similar Threads - unable connect LAN

2. Unable to identify network via LAN connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to identify network via LAN connection: Good am/pm everyone, I've been having this problem for over a week, so I came here for some help. I have a Windows To Go thumb drive that the company send to me to input data and send it over via transmission. However, it won't connect to a LAN connection wired and the only...
  3. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lan limited connectivity: My laptop loses connection and frreezes. It seems losing some conenctivity for a while and comeback.In the event log i noticed 10016 and 1014 could be a hint of problem....
  4. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan limited connectivity: My laptop loses connection and frreezes. It seems losing some conenctivity for a while and comeback.In the event log i noticed 10016 and 1014 could be a hint of problem....
  5. Lan limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. LAN limited connectivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LAN limited connectivity: Good morning sirs,in a laptop I notice sometimes the LAN connection is lost and then the PC freezes.In the Event log i noticed ID 10016 and 1014 that could be an hint for the problem. Here the linkDo you have any suggestion?...
  7. LAN limited connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN limited connectivity: Good morning sirs,in a laptop I notice sometimes the LAN connection is lost and then the PC freezes.In the Event log i noticed ID 10016 and 1014 that could be an hint for the problem. Here the linkDo you have any suggestion?...
  8. Wifi LAN missing

Wifi LAN missing: I have installed 5 times windows 10 in my laptop, but every time it's missing wifi LAN. I installed manually wifi LAN driver from laptop website, but still missing in Device Manager dropdown menu! Tried all processes watching youtube and tutorials, but failed....
  9. LAN connection

LAN connection: On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want to start her software using the data file on my system, we often get a message saying the data file is not available....
  10. Home LAN Connection

Home LAN Connection: I have an older desktop PC that mysteriously began changing it's LAN network name all on it's own sometime last night, which causes a loss of network connection and internet access. Hot boot/restart restores the network name to "NETWORK 2" but within and hour or so the...