Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Device manager says my adapter is working fine. Troubleshooting cannot diagnose a problem. Already uninstalled, reinstalled and updated drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Motherfucker_Jones_1, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:52 PM.

1. Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

• Device manager says my adapter is working fine.
    • Troubleshooting cannot diagnose a problem.
    • Already uninstalled, reinstalled and updated drivers.
    • Already did a Windows Restore.
    • Bluetooth, Wifi and internet work fine.

Just a couple of days ago I've seen the icon in Control Panel. Now it's gone, but I can still see it in Device Manager (My Computer).

I did a Network Reset before the problem started, it may be it.

submitted by /u/Motherfucker_Jones_1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Motherfucker_Jones_1, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:52 PM

2. Mail Icon missing in Windows 10 Control Panel

Hello,

In most cases, making changes to your email profile will require you to do it using the
    Mail icon in the Control Panel. If the icon is missing, installing available

Windows updates
    can help you fix issues with missing icons in the Control Panel. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you using the Exchange server on your email?

In the meantime, we suggest using the search box in the Control Panel window and
    type Mail to see if the applet will appear.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:07 PM
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

Windows 10 can't connect to lan gaming

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Network Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Thema:

Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel.

1. Windows 10 unable to connect to LAN - LAN icon is missing from Control Panel. - Similar Threads - unable connect LAN

2. Ethernet lan not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet lan not connected: [ATTACH] How to fix it? Window 10 pro 2004. I follow every instruction from youtube & other website . But i cannot fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-lan-not-connected/bcb343ec-8d43-471d-b461-455143f017ed
  3. Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to ICS WiFi -> LAN: So I am trying to share internet connection from WiFi to LAN. I followed some online guides but all of them either recommend using Hotspot mobile ( but it doesn't allow to share internet connection over LAN ) or advice to go Control Panel -> Networks and Sharing -> click with...
  4. LAN connection

LAN connection: On my LAN there are two computers, mine and my spouses. We use special software that uses a shared data file kept on my system. When my spouse want to start her software using the data file on my system, we often get a message saying the data file is not available....
  5. Minecraft LAN games - Unable to Connect errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft LAN games - Unable to Connect errors.: We have 5 computers in the house: Mom PC Dad PC Son PC Daughter Laptop Dad Laptop We get intermittent periods days and weeks where some computers can't connect to worlds on other computers. Other times it's fine. We can always connect to worlds on Son PC and...
  6. Home LAN Connection

Home LAN Connection: I have an older desktop PC that mysteriously began changing it's LAN network name all on it's own sometime last night, which causes a loss of network connection and internet access. Hot boot/restart restores the network name to "NETWORK 2" but within and hour or so the...
  7. Unstable LAN connection

Unstable LAN connection: Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but in the desperate search for some help and answers, I hope somebody here can help me. Google seams hopeless at this point. I have a server running Windows 10 Pro. All my other devices on my LAN works without any problem. I don't know where...
  8. Connection to my LAN

Connection to my LAN: My computer connects to my LAN on startup. If I leave my computer for just a few minutes and come back, I am disconnected from my LAN. I can run the troubleshooting program, and it reconnects. This is extremely annoying. How do I fix?...
  9. LAN driver missing from Device Manager

LAN driver missing from Device Manager: And so I cannot use a LAN connection, I can use wi-fi though. I've tried another LAN cable although I since found there is no LAN driver anyway. Windows 10 Anniversary Build, latest (I think). I can get LAN connection working OK on another laptop from the same router. I...
  10. Boot from LAN?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot from LAN?: A couple of my computers have boot from LAN capability in bios. I am getting a DLink DNS-325 next week with 2 3tb drives. Anybody know if I can setup a way to boot to a Windows install directory extracted onto the NAS from an ISO file in case of emergency? I can just pop in a...