Windows 10: Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

Discus and support Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently upgraded my HP Probook 4430s from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I read that Windows 10 is able to detect fingerprint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mancalledhero, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my HP Probook 4430s from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I read that Windows 10 is able to detect fingerprint scanners and special cameras for a more secure way of logging into Windows via Windows Hello. However, I can not find the option for Windows Hello anywhere. I have set up a PIN for the laptop, but I still do not see it. Additionally, I have checked device manager to see if the reader is recognized in Windows and it does show the biometric device as being installed properly. I am hoping anyone can shed some light on the issue. It would be greatly appreciated.

:)

mancalledhero, Aug 7, 2015

2. Fingerprint device on Acer laptop don't work after windows 10 version 1709 update.

fingerprint was visible in device manager list in earlier version of windows 10. Now the device manager can't even detect that my device has fingerprint reader.

JigeshShah, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Upgraded to windows 10, but cannot login because only used the fingerprint reader and it does not work in windows 10

Windows 7 was the previous release.

The laptop shippef with fingerprint reader enabled and the password was only set, but never used. Only the fingerprint reader was used for two years.

Upgraded to windows 10 and the fingerprint reader does not work. We do not know the password, so are unable to login. We want to know how we can go back to the previous release so we can login with the fingerprint reader.

KurtBrevik, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

WIndows Hello will likely be released in a few months. My wild guess with nothing to back it up would be sometime around October early November.

However Windows 10 now has better driver support for fingerprint readers and it will facilitate the upgrade process for many users with proprietary drivers from their manufacturer HP, Lenovo, Dell. When "Windows Hello" decides to roll out I think I will love it as well. Can't wait for facial recognition, Iris recognition, fingerprint, Cortana voice commands. Very soon I will feel like batman!

chris1neji, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Thanks for the response. It seemed like Windows Hello would have been available immediately at launch based on the articles I have read about it. It's a little disappointing that it is still a ways out as I use the fingerprint reader quite often. I am enjoying everything else about Windows 10, but I may restore my Windows 7 backup in the meantime.

mancalledhero, Aug 7, 2015
  6. You should be able to use the fingerprint login without the Hello feature using HP software. Yes you can rollback to windows 7
    Launch the settings application > Update and security > recovery
    Sorry to see you guy this early *Sad

chris1neji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

1. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader - Similar Threads - Unable Detect Fingerprint

2. Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Biometrics - Fingerprint Reader: I had a Laptop with Windows 7 on it from Lenovo, a T530. It has a built-in fingerprint reader. I was using Lenovo's Authentec Fingerprint software that allowed me to boot and sign-in while shutoff. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and am having trouble. Windows' built-in...
  3. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: Hi, I got my HP Pavilion x360 14 - dh0004nx laptop one month ago. I was using only my fingerprint reader to log in, and today I was using my laptop when suddenly it turned off by itself. Then, I turned on again and tried to log in by using the fingerprint reader, but it...
  4. Fingerprint reader problem.

Fingerprint reader problem.: Biometrics is not showing up in the device manager dialog box. Need to know how to get it back. I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, version 10.0.17763 build 17763. So my fingerprint reader will not work. I have tried erverthing since a lot of people have had the same...
  5. Fingerprint reader not working

Fingerprint reader not working: I have a digitalpersona U.are.U 4500 fingerprint reader. I've installed drivers for it and Device Manager recognizes it as a biometric device. I want to use it with Windows hello but settings for Windows hello are not available. I've updated local Group policy settings to...
  6. Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10

Fingerprint Reader - HP DV6 - Windows 10: I recently had my laptop fixed (I did something dumb and needed to have a factory reset). I connected my hotmail account to my laptop sign in account and I wanted to set up the fingerprint reader as an option to sign into my laptop... however I cannot for the life of me...
  7. Suggestions for Fingerprint Reader

Suggestions for Fingerprint Reader: I'm looking for a new fingerprint reader, and would like some suggestions or recommendations... I have 3 old APC Biopods, and they used to work really really well. Alas, they haven't been supported since Windows XP and so they are sitting in a drawer. I have searched long...
  8. fingerprint readers

fingerprint readers: Hi, I want to install a fingerprint reader to replace numerous passwords but don't know which model to buy and what problems might arise. I have only basic knowledge of the technicalities of computers. I operate on Windows 10. 96241
  9. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

Fingerprint reader on windows 10: I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device. The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot find fingerprint reader

2. unable to detect software component for fingerprint driver

3. windows 10 cannot detect biometric

4. unable to detect software component for acer fingerprint scanner,
  5. widows 10 cant see my figerprint reader,
  6. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader ,
  7. windows 10 does not detect validity fingerprint reader,
  8. acer fingerprint unable to detect software,
  9. unable to detect fingerprint,
  10. unable to detect fingerprint device,
  11. window unable to detect figerprint scanner,