Windows 10: Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

Discus and support Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently upgraded my HP Probook 4430s from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I read that Windows 10 is able to detect fingerprint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mancalledhero, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

Hello everyone,

I recently upgraded my HP Probook 4430s from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. I read that Windows 10 is able to detect fingerprint scanners and special cameras for a more secure way of logging into Windows via Windows Hello. However, I can not find the option for Windows Hello anywhere. I have set up a PIN for the laptop, but I still do not see it. Additionally, I have checked device manager to see if the reader is recognized in Windows and it does show the biometric device as being installed properly. I am hoping anyone can shed some light on the issue. It would be greatly appreciated.

:)

mancalledhero, Aug 7, 2015

2. Fingerprint device on Acer laptop don't work after windows 10 version 1709 update.

fingerprint was visible in device manager list in earlier version of windows 10. Now the device manager can't even detect that my device has fingerprint reader.

JigeshShah, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Upgraded to windows 10, but cannot login because only used the fingerprint reader and it does not work in windows 10

Windows 7 was the previous release.

The laptop shippef with fingerprint reader enabled and the password was only set, but never used. Only the fingerprint reader was used for two years.

Upgraded to windows 10 and the fingerprint reader does not work. We do not know the password, so are unable to login. We want to know how we can go back to the previous release so we can login with the fingerprint reader.

KurtBrevik, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

WIndows Hello will likely be released in a few months. My wild guess with nothing to back it up would be sometime around October early November.

However Windows 10 now has better driver support for fingerprint readers and it will facilitate the upgrade process for many users with proprietary drivers from their manufacturer HP, Lenovo, Dell. When "Windows Hello" decides to roll out I think I will love it as well. Can't wait for facial recognition, Iris recognition, fingerprint, Cortana voice commands. Very soon I will feel like batman!

chris1neji, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Thanks for the response. It seemed like Windows Hello would have been available immediately at launch based on the articles I have read about it. It's a little disappointing that it is still a ways out as I use the fingerprint reader quite often. I am enjoying everything else about Windows 10, but I may restore my Windows 7 backup in the meantime.

mancalledhero, Aug 7, 2015
  6. You should be able to use the fingerprint login without the Hello feature using HP software. Yes you can rollback to windows 7
    Launch the settings application > Update and security > recovery
    Sorry to see you guy this early *Sad

chris1neji, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader

1. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader - Similar Threads - Unable Detect Fingerprint

2. Fingerprint Reader unable to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint Reader unable to start: Hello everyone, I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 OS build 22621.900 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 I recently discovered that my fingerprint reader does not recognize my prints. I removed my sign-in information from Windows...
  3. Fingerprint Reader unable to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Reader unable to start: Hello everyone, I am using Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 22H2 OS build 22621.900 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0 I recently discovered that my fingerprint reader does not recognize my prints. I removed my sign-in information from Windows...
  4. Fingerprint reader

Fingerprint reader: Hy i just bought an Asus Studiobook pro 16 brand new winth windows 11 Pro,and when i try to Setup the Microsoft Hello Fingerprint sign in ,when it asked to put sa finger on the sensor ,nothing happening.The driver is up to date,the Laptop is with Fingerprint reader ,i try...
  5. Fingerprint reader

Fingerprint reader: My Precision5530 will not let me use the fingerprint reader to sign into my computer. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-reader/b314b40e-f1d8-4656-8445-ce60053a472c
  6. fingerprint reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fingerprint reader: I have had my yoga C940 for about two weeks and my fingerprint reader has been working fine. then all of a sudden it stops working so I delete it to add another an this happens. I'm totally upset because this is one of the main reasons I purchased his laptop. the windows 10...
  7. fingerprinter reader

fingerprinter reader: hola, tengo un portatil lenovo, venia con windows 7, compre windows 10 pro, pero mi fingerprinter reader no funciona, en windows hello ni en otras aplicaciones, en administrador de de dispositivos lo trate de actualizar diver y me dice que no encontro diver en linea y que...
  8. Unable to use Fingerprint Reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to use Fingerprint Reader: Why can't windows hello in my hp probook 6470b set up a fingerprint password yet there is a fingerprint scanner? current OS windows 10 1909, fp drivers hp protecttools manager and validity fingerprint sensors. will be great to receive help here. Thanks. ***Modified title...
  9. Fingerprint reader on windows 10

Fingerprint reader on windows 10: I've been using Windows 7 Ultimate for a few years now with AuthenTec Protector Suite 2012 installed and a TrueMe fingerprint reading device. The Protector Suite software allowed me to login to windows using a fingerprint and to use fingerprints to open password protected...
  10. Fingerprint Reader ?

Fingerprint Reader ?: Hi, I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon (2012 version) with a fingerprint reader. When I want to install the lenovo driver I have a message that said the Windows Biometric Framework need to be activate. I go into gpedit.msc and active the service, reboot the computer but still the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot find fingerprint reader

2. acer fingerprint pba da lerrore unable to detect swc for fingerprint driver

3. fingerprint reader not detected windows 10

4. unable to detect software component for fingerprint driver,
  5. windows 10 cannot detect biometric,
  6. unable to detect software component for acer fingerprint scanner,
  7. widows 10 cant see my figerprint reader,
  8. Windows 10 Unable to Detect Fingerprint Reader ,
  9. windows 10 does not detect validity fingerprint reader,
  10. acer fingerprint unable to detect software,
  11. unable to detect fingerprint,
  12. unable to detect fingerprint device,
  13. window unable to detect figerprint scanner,
  14. windows 10 does not detect fingerprint,