Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to find files

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to find files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 has recently ceased being able to find Adobe PDF files on my PC. I have reinstalled Acrobat DC and I can see the files listed on my PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lee and David, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 unable to find files

Windows 10 has recently ceased being able to find Adobe PDF files on my PC.

I have reinstalled Acrobat DC and I can see the files listed on my PC.

Windows however cannot.

Very frustrating when many of these documents will be needed for ATO in another 3 weeks.

Even more galling when contacting Microsoft support leads to being shunt to another site which demands personal and credit card information.

:)

Lee and David, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Windows 10 unable to find files

Windows 10 - Unable to open many files, task manger, etc.

Hi Andrew,

I appreciate you for performing troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

This issue might occur, if the system files are corrupt.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What kind of files you are unable to open?

• Which apps you are unable to open?

Please follow below mentioned methods to fix the issue:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing
      Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to
    create a new user account
    and check if that helps.

Refer to the Link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Please get back to us, if you are still facing issue
    in accessing files, apps and task manager on your computer.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 unable to find files

1. Windows 10 unable to find files - Similar Threads - unable find files

2. Unable to Delete a file or find the location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Delete a file or find the location: i had run a setup from virtual disk then eject/close it.when i search the file and some file still show up but location leads to "internet address: ///D:/folder/folder% . . .%" something like that. i was trying to delete it and error 0x80004002 show up.how do i delete this...
  3. Unable to find files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to find files on OneDrive: I have one computer running Windows 11 and it is synced on One Drive. My old computer is still running Windows 10. I have opened One Drive on my old computer but cannot find the files from the Windows 11 computer. HELP!...
  4. Unable to find files on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to find files on OneDrive: I have one computer running Windows 11 and it is synced on One Drive. My old computer is still running Windows 10. I have opened One Drive on my old computer but cannot find the files from the Windows 11 computer. HELP!...
  5. Windows 10 - Unable to find a file with no associations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Unable to find a file with no associations: I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and there is a unique problem with one specific file which triggers the pop up "How do you want to open this file?".The pop up works well with every other file and has allowed me to tick a box to associate them with specific apps. However,...
  6. Windows is unable to find the required files for installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is unable to find the required files for installation: Hi, when trying to install Windows 10 on a new hard drive via USB installer, I constantly get a message like: "Windows cannot find the necessary files for installation." I have tried making an installer with the Media creation tool and Rufus, neither worked. My BIOS settings...
  7. Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files: Cannot find saved programs and support files after saving all files and then re-installing windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-reload-unable-to-find-saved-programs-and/7ffb5cb6-e3b4-496c-9985-e25a5e676057
  8. My adobe file is unable to find files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My adobe file is unable to find files: I have two files where I usually looks for drawings, I was able to find a drawing by typing the drawing number in the search bar even when those two files were closed, now is not finding anything at all even though I know the file is there...
  9. Unable to find files with search facility on Window 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to find files with search facility on Window 10: I have problems using the search facility on Windows 10. I know this is increadibly basic stuff, but I've just got fed up with searching through the 'family tree' type network of stored files. Even files that I have saved just a few months ago never appear in searches,...
  10. Windows 10 DISM tool - unable to find Source File

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 DISM tool - unable to find Source File: Hello everyone, I've been having a terrible time trying to diagnose and fix corrupted system files. I have recently updated to windows 10 during the free upgrade process. I was running Windows 7 Pro before I updated. I have tried sfc /scannow command multiple...