Windows 10: windows 10 - unable to get virus and threat protection to start

Discus and support windows 10 - unable to get virus and threat protection to start in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; have tried pressing re-start no joy. have run windows update and got this message 'Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ThunderyYew8, Mar 20, 2019.

1. windows 10 - unable to get virus and threat protection to start

have tried pressing re-start no joy. have run windows update and got this message 'Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.289.1646.0) - Error 0x80070643'. i have attempted this on a few occasions. it not install.

i am not running norton/avg etc....... just windows 10 defender.

can anybody help please.

:)

ThunderyYew8, Mar 20, 2019
  2. JCH54 Win User

virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Mar 20, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Virus and Threat Protection Warnings

Hi Penelope_AV

ETD_GetSMART.exe is HP Software and it is safe, that software is designed to check your hard drive for imminent failure and warn you

You can add that to the list of safe files in Controlled Folder Access to get rid of this warning

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

ETD_GetSMART.exe is located in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Support Framework\Resources\HPActiveHealth\Executable Agent Data\_Shared\DiskCheck\

DaveM121, Mar 20, 2019
  4. windows 10 - unable to get virus and threat protection to start

Virus And Threat Protection is not Enable

Currently i'm using Windows 10

In my Windows Defender the Virus And Threat Protection is not been enabled and it is showing to restart

when im clicking on restart button for virus and threat protection

it is showing the message "ENABLE CONTROLLED ACCESS FOLDER OR EDIT PROTECTION"

i have also tried the command gpedit.msc but it also not executing.

Is there any solution for this problem.

Thank you,

Regards,

Mohit Bhatia

Gaurav1995, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 - unable to get virus and threat protection to start

1. windows 10 - unable to get virus and threat protection to start - Similar Threads - unable virus threat

2. Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection": Hello All,I have recently purchased Asus Tuf F-15 FX507ZV4 laptop but during some file transfer, I came to know that I unable to get access for the "Virus & threat protection". Neither I can get access of it to check the past file scanned nor to switch on-off it. I am...
  3. Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to get access and control of "Virus & threat protection": Hello All,I have recently purchased Asus Tuf F-15 FX507ZV4 laptop but during some file transfer, I came to know that I unable to get access for the "Virus & threat protection". Neither I can get access of it to check the past file scanned nor to switch on-off it. I am...
  4. Unable to open Virus and Threat Protection

Unable to open Virus and Threat Protection: While opening Virus and threat protection it is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." And even I am facing a problem in opening Windows Security Center...
  5. Unable to open 'virus and threat protection'

Unable to open 'virus and threat protection': While trying to open 'virus and threat protection', I'm getting this pop up. It is also not able to find any app in Microsoft Store. Can anyone help me in this regard....
  6. Window virus and threat protection is unable to start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window virus and threat protection is unable to start: window virus and threat protection is unable to start i followed all online measures step but nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-virus-and-threat-protection-is-unable-to/b8a1f096-4eeb-4f52-abaa-bee206c32c38
  7. Unable to restart Virus and Threat Protection

Unable to restart Virus and Threat Protection: Beginning yesterday my PC began running very slowly, so I was going to do a scan. I went in to WIndows Security and found my virus and threat protection was turned off. I did not turn it off. When I try to restart it fails....
  8. Unable to access Virus and Threat protection

Unable to access Virus and Threat protection: [ATTACH] I am unable to access the virus and threat protectionfeature. Though I am an administrator. Please find attached the screenshot for the same....
  9. Virus Threat & Protection will not start

Virus Threat & Protection will not start: My Virus & Protection has stopped working. I cannot get it to start again. All I get it a pop up saying: Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again. No matter how many times I try it will not start. I restarted the computer, I turned it totally off,...
  10. "Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Virus & threat protection has stopped". Unable to start. Windows 10: Just powered up and got this alert: [ATTACH] When I hit "Restart now" I got this [ATTACH] What should I do please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-has-stopped-unable-to/e3dc5ef4-dee3-4bf3-8a14-31a655c02d25

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to update virus and threat protection for windows 10