Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to load user profile preferences and other data during power on

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to load user profile preferences and other data during power on in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello community, I have recently started to experience an issue. When I start my desktop or laptop, both are logged into Insider program OS info... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RadegasTCZ, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 unable to load user profile preferences and other data during power on

Hello community,

I have recently started to experience an issue.

When I start my desktop or laptop, both are logged into Insider program OS info screenshot bellow it sometimes fail to load my account and creates a temporary one, when I log off and log back in it loads my profile just fine.

Windows 10 unable to load user profile preferences and other data during power on df3f3e0e-7c94-4acc-a697-6a4b3cf5c98b?upload=true.png Windows 10 unable to load user profile preferences and other data during power on 5d715de0-1242-4975-8a75-952ab9ee1b30?upload=true.png

:)

RadegasTCZ, Apr 3, 2020

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Apr 3, 2020
  3. (WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 unable to load user profile preferences and other data during power on

Unable to log-in to computer with error: "The User Profile Service failed login, User profile cannot be loaded" on Windows 10

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Do let us know the type of user account this issue is confined with?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile,
    User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings
    • Here select Change pc settings and then General.
    • Scroll down to Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
     4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Method 2: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start
      the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

if the issue still persists,

Method 3: From Built-in admin account, try to create a new user account (Local account) and check access the computer

You will have to create those local accounts on Windows 10 and provide the corresponding administrative privileges.

Refer to: Create a local user account in Windows 10

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 unable to load user profile preferences and other data during power on

1. Windows 10 unable to load user profile preferences and other data during power on - Similar Threads - unable load user

2. Unable to access other user profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  3. Unable to access other user profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access other user profiles: My PC should have 2 accounts, mine and my fathersadministrator account but when logging in recently only mine has been showing up. After noticing i checked the user profiles/ family accounts tab in settings and only my account showed up. Even after re-adding his account to...
  4. Unable to access other user profiles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login: I sometimes get a 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login. Usually a reboot allows login in the user account. However, sometimes it requires a safe mode login to enable a normal login. The Event Viewer in Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > User...
  6. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login: I sometimes get a 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login. Usually a reboot allows login in the user account. However, sometimes it requires a safe mode login to enable a normal login. The Event Viewer in Application and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > User...
  7. 'User profile cannot be loaded' Error during login

8. User profile unable to load after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User profile unable to load after login: I cannot enter through my system, when I try to login and it gives me an error "the user profile service failed to sign in, user profile cannot be loaded".I need some fix with this. Thanks....
  9. User profile unable to load after login

User profile unable to load after login: I cannot enter through my system, when I try to login and it gives me an error "the user profile service failed to sign in, user profile cannot be loaded".I need some fix with this. Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 user profile is not loading

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 user profile is not loading: windows 10 user profile is not loading, what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-profile-is-not-loading/55434e2f-ef51-44a9-94b6-e04d54f60876