Windows 10: Windows 10, unable to open any picture format with any program

Discus and support Windows 10, unable to open any picture format with any program in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi For couple months I have this issue, that I can't open any picture on my computer. All the default picture viewers aren't working and I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mango_13, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mango_13 Win User

Windows 10, unable to open any picture format with any program

Hi

For couple months I have this issue, that I can't open any picture on my computer. All the default picture viewers aren't working and I also tried the Irfanview. The only thing that work sometimes is Paint.
    Everytime I try to open a picture it says: "The app didn't start." Other picture previewing apps just start for a second, then they go black and crash.

Also, some other Windows programs seems to have died, like Calculator, Calendar, etc... Even some icons are missing.

Any idea what may seem to be the problem?

:)

Mango_13, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Can't open pictures in Windows 10.

Hi Martin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer these queries, mentioned below:

• Which program are you using to open pictures?

• What exactly happened when you are trying to change the Desktop background?

• What is the exact error message you are getting?

• What is the file format of the pictures?

I would suggest you to use Windows Photo Viewer to open this file and check, if it helps. I would also suggest you to make Windows Photo Viewer as the default program to open pictures and check, if it works. You may also try opening the same
    picture using Paint and check, if you are able to open without any issues. You can refer to the following Microsoft article to set a program as the default application.

Choose the apps Windows uses by default.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/choose-programs-windows-uses-default

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10, unable to open any picture format with any program

Unable to open a program after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Buck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I understand that you are unable to open a program after upgrading to Windows 10.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• With which program are you facing this issue?

• What is the format of the file you are trying to open?

• Which app/program are you using to open the file now?
    Please post back with the required information. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, unable to open any picture format with any program

1. Windows 10, unable to open any picture format with any program - Similar Threads - unable open picture

2. Unable to install any new programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install any new programs: Hey there, I've been trying to help my aunt with her laptop as she's been having some issues lately. I went to try and update some drivers but whenever I try to install any new program I get this error "the instruction at 0x0000000077351EBA referenced at 0x0000000077351EBA....
  3. unable to open any app in windows

unable to open any app in windows: hii, i am unable to open any windows app on my pc first i thought that it is due to that i have not update latest world but i have update to latest version of windows 10 but if i open any app [ for example if i open windows store to download any app but the store and shows...
  4. Windows Unable to open any program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Unable to open any program.: My computer gets stuck whenever i try to open any program Even command prompt. The computer becomes unresponsive and freezes for few minutes . I can't execute any operation on it . Can i restore my laptop the way it was few days before ? Hope there's any other way to fix it...
  5. Can't open any programs in Windows 10

Can't open any programs in Windows 10: A few days ago, I suddenly couldn't open any programs on my PC. I did a reinstall of Windows 10 and it seemed to be fine until the next day where it was the same as before. Anyone have an idea of what could potentially be the problem? I'm able to open everything in safe mode...
  6. Windows 10 Is not opens any Program

Windows 10 Is not opens any Program: Dear Folks, When I working on Windows 10 Its not open any program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-opens-any-program/f942090f-994b-410f-bf30-3a7912254a9a
  7. Unable to download any programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download any programs: Hello, Every time I attempt to download something, whether it is the Adobe update or a game, my computer screen flashes black and eventually freezes, forcing me to manually shut down my PC. I have tried shutting off the firewall, have used multiple security and computer...
  8. Can't open any pictures

Can't open any pictures: I can't open any pictures and get the file system error -2147219194 on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-open-any-pictures/57fd3960-9e49-4fb9-ac31-be53d02d5b3b
  9. Unable to open any programs in Windows 10

Unable to open any programs in Windows 10: Hi everyone. Recently, I have encountered troubles with Windows 10. I am unable to open any programs, including Chrome or Edge. I can't even Power Down. I have tried to reset my PC, but only comes up with "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes have been...
  10. Unable to open Start Menu, any Programs or Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to open Start Menu, any Programs or Task Manager: The other day my computer was refusing to open some pop-up windows in Google Chrome so I restarted it. It hung in the restart window with the spinning circle for a significant period of time so I was forced to shut down. Upon restarting, I get to my desktop and my cursor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open any pic and cal

2. unable to openpicture on windows 10