Windows 10: Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

Discus and support Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685 I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine. The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Starfox.Howl, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

I am running Win 10 Pro Build 19042.685

I have an LG blu-ray player installed in the machine.

The drive will recognize audio CD/ data/media DVD's but not Blu-Ray disks. I put a BR in the drive, close the drive and the drive pops open with an "Insert disk in drive" pop up on the screen.

I've manually gone into computer management and triggered a drive update, but it returns with the the driver is already the best available.

There are no conflicting services/applications that I can find.

I'm using CyberLink PowerDVD as the Blu-Ray player, but it does not see the disk either.

What are my next troubleshooting steps?

Thanks.

:)

Starfox.Howl, Jan 9, 2021
  2. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Jan 9, 2021
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    Blu ray rom reading 10 % of dvds but all blu ray disks

Blu ray rom reading 10 % of dvds but all blu ray disks.

I uninstalled the drive from device manager, let win7 reinstall it.

Checked that it did not fix the issue, so checked on the drives properties

and found this;

CM_DEVCAP_SILENTINSTALL

CM_DEVCAP_RAWDEVICEOK

I tried to search the internet but found nothing related to my issue.

Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive. 268914c5-5f8a-4357-ad99-9ca49ad72b72?upload=true.png

kjl1956, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

Steve C, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive.

1. Windows 10 - Unable to read Blu-Ray disk in Blu-Ray drive. - Similar Threads - Unable read Blu

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Unable to Play Blu-Ray

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Play Blu-Ray: I just purchased a new 4K Blu-Ray my first ever Blu-Ray and I had hoped to watch it today on my Windows 10 PC. When inserting the disk, it makes some grinding noises, but nothing happens beside a disk icon occasionally flashing on my cursor before all goes quiet.I try going...
  5. Blu-ray disk player

Blu-ray disk player: What is the purpose of connecting a Blu-ray disk player to the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-disk-player/92b29721-7839-41b0-943a-d51020da0a02
  6. Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.

Cannot Write a Blu-Ray Image to a Blu-Ray drive.: I created a Blu-Ray image in ISO format. I then attempted to burn it to a Blu-Ray disk. First, I tried using a BD-RE and when I got an incompatible media error, I tried a standard BD-R. - The ISO size was well within the capacity of the disks I was attempting to write them...
  7. blu-ray drive inop.

blu-ray drive inop.: My blu-ray/cd/dvd drive no longer works since update from windows vista to windows 10 (on sony vaio vgc-lv1s desktop pc). The drive is Matshita BD-MLT UJ-225S USB DEVICE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blu-ray-drive-inop/bc21d943-0c1e-4347-b5aa-21d047ade0e7
  8. Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software: Does anyone know if ther3e is any Microsoft software that will run a Blu-ray disk? My computer will run regular DVD's but not the Blu-ray disks. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...
  9. DVD blu ray drive

DVD blu ray drive: 16x BLU-RAY WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW This is disgustingly slow when picking up CD,s dvds, and then asking me what I want to do with it. When I click on setup.exe for example, it takes about 30-40 seconds to 'wind up' and run. It must be the drivers. Its not win 10,...
  10. blu ray problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    blu ray problem: Every time the latest build is installed my blu-ray (films) player stops working, I get an on screen message in cyber link saying my Graphics card is incompatible. After restoring build 16199 all is o/k again. Tried latest Drivers from AMD.I have tried BD addvisor everything...