Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 - Unable to remove legit programs from Quarantine

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 - Unable to remove legit programs from Quarantine in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear MS, (and the community), Right off of the bat, I am going to tell you I am absolutely LIVID at Windows king Defender under Windows 10 and it's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by robbie73, Oct 7, 2018.

1. robbie73 Win User

WINDOWS 10 - Unable to remove legit programs from Quarantine

Dear MS, (and the community),
    Right off of the bat, I am going to tell you I am absolutely LIVID at Windows king Defender under Windows 10 and it's running amok and controlling with MY files.
    I had set up all my exclusions across several drives and disabled Windows Defender as best I could, and left Windows 10 machine alone for a few months. Mainly because it's actually my gaming and multimedia/music making rig and I was not very creative for that period.

Anyway, it's a high spec machine and I needed it's rescources (disk/ram/cpu/grpx) for a video editing project so fired it up and checked for updates, which I completely regret now. That is because the new build/update, completely removed ALL my settings for Windows Defender, Firewall and Cortana (my own little workaround, Corana and Edge are rubbish in my opinion). So quite a lot of configuration time lost, well, stolen effectively. And it'll all need doing again, so double the time and effort.

Anyway, the consequence is Defender has now not only quarantined some useful "Potentially Unwanted Programs", but removed entire directories where they reside, so took help files and other "innocent" files with them. 'Ok', I think to myself, I'll restore them from Quarantine. But thats not working. No Errors. It's just restoring them. I even recreated the directory structure and make sure all the permissions were set correctly, but nope. Defender won't restore them.

NOW: I realise that Windows 10 is "Licensed" from MS rather than owned by me, but I want to say that no matter the OS or providers terms, here's are some fundamental facts that Miscrosft should begin to respect:
    I have granted the privilege to Microsoft, at MY COST to run THEIR Software on MY HARDWARE, using MY Electricty etc, but even more importantly, alongside MY DATA. They can do what the hell they please with the operating system, but MY DATA is mine. No matter what anybody says.
    What's particularly infuriating is that all my efforts to prevent MS doing such was completely overridden, without my knowledge or consent. The programs are effectively stolen (or held to ransom if I can stop defender doing this and release them, stolen if I can't).

And I bet there will be no official apology.

I'm reasonably technically savvy and I do a lot of computer work for friends and relatives, and the files that were apparently "Potentially Unwanted" were, on numerous occasions very useful tools that saved a lot of time and frustration over the years. They are not illegal or anything of the kind. MS decided it didn't like them so removed them.
    So if I restore them from my backups, (oh gawd..I'll have to check those as Defender may have poked it's nose in those as well!!) they'll be removed again and won't be able to be restored, again.

Defender is BROKEN. In a bad way, by it's designers. Not a good way way where regsvr32-ing a .dll will help.
    Can one of you MS staff (ha, as if they bother in having an appearance in these places. MS does not want to respond to feedback, let alone see it) or a friendly community helper help me unquarantine the files that Windows defender decided to remove please?
    And also prevent it happening again please? I do not want Defender AV running against my data, what-so-ever.

Ultimately, I would like to be able OPT-in or OPT-out of what Defender does with MY DATA. I don't think it's that much to ask.

(Sorry readers for the 'rant'. It's not really a rant, I've not even started on the telemetry and data slurping yet!)

:)

robbie73, Oct 7, 2018

2. my virus program suggested i either remove or quarantine a certain program. which i did. how do i un quarantine now?

My virus protection program suggested that i either remove or quarantine a certain program. How do I remove the quarantine and allow said program to run? Now I know what program and am ok with it. Now what do I do?

cherrylcalhoun, Oct 7, 2018
  3. charblose Win User
    windows 10 won't let me remove quarantine programs from computer

hello, i know enough about computers, to ask about windows defender quarantine programs, but won't let me remove them from my computer. Why is this and is there a way to remove these Quarantine programs? thanks

charblose, Oct 7, 2018
  4. WINDOWS 10 - Unable to remove legit programs from Quarantine

Removing Quarantined Items in Windows Defender

Windows Defender quarantined some harmful items but did not remove them from my pc. Windows Defender did not request removal. Should I just leave the items quarantined or remove them myself? If removal is recommended, how am I to go about

doing so, as Windows Defender did not list the items in the Detect section where threats are placed for removal?

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

donniecovington, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 - Unable to remove legit programs from Quarantine

1. WINDOWS 10 - Unable to remove legit programs from Quarantine - Similar Threads - Unable remove legit

2. Remove or quarantine??!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove or quarantine??!!: I did a threat scan it took me 3hours then it showed that a logiciel I have is causing a severe threat and I have as options to allow it on device or remove it or quarantine . . What do I do ?? I really need the logiciel , I don't want to remove it and I don't want it to harm...
  3. Remove or quarantine??!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove or quarantine??!!: I did a threat scan it took me 3hours then it showed that a logiciel I have is causing a severe threat and I have as options to allow it on device or remove it or quarantine . . What do I do ?? I really need the logiciel , I don't want to remove it and I don't want it to harm...
  4. Remove or quarantine??!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists: I have a rather strange issue. I am trying to uninstall a program from my laptop. I uninstalled it once using Windows Apps and Features. After removing it I can see that, somewhere, in my laptop the program still exists. This prevents me from installing the newest version...
  6. Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists: I have a rather strange issue. I am trying to uninstall a program from my laptop. I uninstalled it once using Windows Apps and Features. After removing it I can see that, somewhere, in my laptop the program still exists. This prevents me from installing the newest version...
  7. Unable to remove uninstall program from Windows 10 - Program doesn't exists

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unable to remove or quarantine a threat identified by Microsoft Security

Unable to remove or quarantine a threat identified by Microsoft Security: I received a notification that Microsoft Security had identified threats so I opened up the protection history which showed "Threat found - action needed" and "Severe" at the top of a list of theats the rest of which have been blocked or quarantined, see attached screenshot....
  9. Unable to remove or quarantine Virus Threat

Unable to remove or quarantine Virus Threat: Ran a virus scan with defend and 3 threats were detected, however when I went to have them removed nothing happened, tried to quarantine them and again nothing happened any suggestions on how to eliminate these threats. The threats are PUA:Win32/SweetIM PUA:Win32/Visicom...
  10. WINDOWS 10 - Quarantine - Unable to remove legit programs from it

WINDOWS 10 - Quarantine - Unable to remove legit programs from it: Dear MS, (and the community), Right off of the bat, I am going to tell you I am absolutely LIVID at Windows king Defender under Windows 10 and it's running amok and controlling with MY files. I had set up all my exclusions across several drives and disabled Windows Defender...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to remove threats in windows security

2. windows 10 remove from quarantine

3. win 10 defender wont undo quarantine

4. remove program from quarantine,
  5. quarantine threats windows security not working,
  6. unable to remove program windows 10