Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to save files

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to save files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 doesn't want to save files, either new Word documents, bank downloads into quicken or newly created power-point. Unable to Save. File Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr. Dorsey, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 unable to save files

My Windows 10 doesn't want to save files, either new Word documents, bank downloads into quicken or newly created power-point. Unable to Save. File Not Found when I try "save as"

Can anyone help?

:)

Dr. Dorsey, Mar 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 unable to save files

unable to save a file in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to save a file. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

Suggest you to save a file in notepad to test if that helps.

Close all open windows and restart the PC to login to another user account to test if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 unable to save files

1. Windows 10 unable to save files - Similar Threads - unable save files

2. file save and save-as not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file save and save-as not working in Windows 10: After I applied Windows 10 Home edition update 11/15/23 I do not remember name of update I got a problem. t was impossible to save-as and open file in Notepad. Also it was impossible to upload files from my computer to some sites. There were no error messages. Page Windows...
  3. Unable to save Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save Files on Desktop: Hi,Few of my office desktops having issue with file save.Both are connected to AD DS. whenever I save a file on desktop it will save properly but not showing the files on desktop.Troubleshooting steps I have taken:1. checked show hidden files in file explorer2. show desktop...
  4. Unable to save Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save Files on Desktop: Hi,Few of my office desktops having issue with file save.Both are connected to AD DS. whenever I save a file on desktop it will save properly but not showing the files on desktop.Troubleshooting steps I have taken:1. checked show hidden files in file explorer2. show desktop...
  5. Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Reload- unable to find saved programs and files: Cannot find saved programs and support files after saving all files and then re-installing windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-reload-unable-to-find-saved-programs-and/7ffb5cb6-e3b4-496c-9985-e25a5e676057
  6. UNABLE TO SAVE FILE IN PAINT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNABLE TO SAVE FILE IN PAINT: Suddenly, I am unable to save a file in Paint. I get a message that says "Paint cannot save this file. Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved". Anyone know why this is happening?...
  7. Unable to save new Notepad files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save new Notepad files: When I go to save a new Notepad file, I am not able to save it. I get the error message "File not found. Check the file name and try again." When typing any text in the a new notepad document, an * appears on the top line before "Untiled- Notepad". I have looked at all...
  8. unable to save files to Documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to save files to Documents: I can save files to Desktop but not to Documents . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-files-to-documents/bdd17454-6a52-48bf-bb4d-a48fe6eab323
  9. unable to save a nfo file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to save a nfo file: I cannot save a nfo file I enter msinfo32 I will get my system information come up, I then do "save as" it will go through the process, "program not responding" will then come up. a file is saved to the desktop, when I open it warns that its either corrupt or not...
  10. Windows 10 Unable to save default programs for file extensions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Unable to save default programs for file extensions: I am trying to set Notepad++ as default program for .md files. (just an example, other filetypes also do not work) I tried to set the default program via the 'file properties dialog', the 'right click->open with dialog' and simply by double clicking the file (default app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to save files

2. unable to save files windows 10

3. windows 10 unable to save to folder

4. windows 10 unable to save to c,
  5. windows 10 unable to save to c:,
  6. windows unabvle to save files