Windows 10: Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.

Discus and support Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Iam in an incredibly frustrating predicament. I have windows 10 installed - and I've only had this issue after I installed windows 10 (for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anth0888, Jan 23, 2020.

1. anth0888 Win User

Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.

Hi all.

Iam in an incredibly frustrating predicament. I have windows 10 installed - and I've only had this issue after I installed windows 10 (for some reason it was never with windows 7 I had before)

On occasions (at random) my PC decides not to allow me to select multiple files - as in no CTRL and Shift (all files between), No CTRL ALT (Specific files).

This occurs on the whole PC, as in explorer, browser etc. It won't work.

I've looked at other forumn posts like this:

Cannot select more than one file or folder in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...older-problems

and the issue still remains.

Then at random, the multiple file selection comes back. Its very ad hoc and very spontaneous.

I've tried uninstalling the keyboard, fixing the registry, using the windows registry repair tools etc to no avail.

Is anyone able to provide some light as to what is hapening - as its driving me absolutely crazy.

:)

anth0888, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2020
  3. shift click not working to select multiple files with Windows 10

Hi Reddkat,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I would suggest that you connect another keyboard to your computer as well as to your laptop with a USB keyboard and check if the issue persist. As I tried to recreate the issue but was unable. I was able to hold down shift and left
    click to select multiple files within Windows Explorer.

Did the issue start after upgrading to Windows 10? What is the make and model of the mouse? Do you face any other issue with the mouse after upgrading?

If it does follow the steps mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Run hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Hope this information helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.

I am unable to Select multiple files

Windows 10. I am unable to select multiple contiguous files by holding down the Shift key, like I could in Windows 8, 7, etc. How do I do that?

PHILPEARCE, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.

1. Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files. - Similar Threads - Unable select multiple

2. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  3. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    select multiple files without losing selections: How do you select multiple files in file explorer and then ensure none of those files are deselected.\I have a ton of PDF files really books I have downloaded.Now I am trying to organize them into folders.All intermixed have files about God, investing, supply chain...
  4. select multiple files without losing selections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Select multiple files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Select multiple files: Selecting multiple files using control key has stopped. What has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/select-multiple-files/6d74d5ba-2fb5-4c21-bd6c-56cf151b442f
  6. Problem Selecting Multiple Files

Problem Selecting Multiple Files: Suddenly I can't select multiple files in Windows 10 File Explorer. While holding CTRL or SHIFT, I select the second file and the first one is deselected. This is very annoying when I want to do a group action. What has happened and how can I fix it?...
  7. Problem selecting multiple files in Windows explorer

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem selecting multiple files in Windows explorer: I'm using a new laptop running on Windows 10 64-bit. Since installing Office 2019 I have been having a few problems. The first problem is that I cannot select multiple Office files in Windows explorer. If I try, explorer freezes for about 15 seconds and then reverts back to...
  8. Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Unable to select multiple files.: Hi all. Iam in an incredibly frustrating predicament. I have windows 10 installed - and I've only had this issue after I installed windows 10 for some reason it was never with windows 7 I had before On occasions at random my PC decides not to allow me to select multiple...
  9. Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging

Windows 10 selecting multiple files lagging: I'm having an issue with Windows 10. Nothing new there, this time it's an old issue that's plaguing me again. Unlisted Video Here: https://youtu.be/YKd0_h4KRis 3 months ago I had this issue and it fixed itself somehow by copying a file from a USB drive to the desktop....
  10. Unable to select multiple files/folders on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to select multiple files/folders on Windows 10: Dear All, I have been trying to do multiple selection of files with my windows 10 tablet in touch mode (without mouse and without keyboard) in the MS file explorer. The files are pictures, which I watch in view "extra large icons" to be sure I select the correct ones....