Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The windows always force me to update my windows 10, but the problem is my laptop battery is dead, and I can't find a replacement since I had no money... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AstraDinata1, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery

The windows always force me to update my windows 10, but the problem is my laptop battery is dead, and I can't find a replacement since I had no money for it yet. but the windows keep force me to update it, I'm afraid I will unable to use my laptop at all if this keeps happening, can someone help me with this? it's stuck and I can't do anything about it.

Every time my laptop try to update it just turned off in the middle of the update which I believe it's my laptop battery problem, and it's just reverting the update, and every time windows 10 force me to update, it just keeps happening to update and turned off, and reverting the update...

im stuck in a loop

:)

AstraDinata1, Nov 23, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Laptop battery Dead ?

Iv just been using my laptop for the past half an hour On the battery when for Some reason it cut off I knew i diddn't have much battery life left but it just Cut out instantly no warning message battery Low Etc...

Anyway i still needed to use the laptop so i went and plugged it in, laptop Said it was charging was on the computer about another half an hour after that then my dad walked in so i went to unplug the laptop to show him something on the net and as soon as i unplugged it the laptop cut out.

So i plugged it back in and noticed there was no amber charging light on the laptop so i started up the laptop and it displays on the battery icon "33% plugged in but not charging" and everytime i take it out the mains the laptop cuts out.

Is my battery dead or could it be just a fault with windows do you think ?

Virus-j, Nov 23, 2019
  4. meran Win User

Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery

Laptop battery Dead ?

hmmmm remove the battery and the charger and put it back again if the battery is dead it should show red X on the battery in windows 7

meran, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery

1. Windows 10 unable to update because a dead laptop battery - Similar Threads - unable update dead

2. Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11: Hi, after upgrading to windows 11 my laptop was fine for maybe a week. Then one day I turned it on and within about 15 seconds my battery went from 70 something% to 0% and my laptop would not run unless plugged in. If i unplugged it and tried to turn it on it would turn on...
  3. Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop battery 'pretends' to be dead - Windows 11: Hi, after upgrading to windows 11 my laptop was fine for maybe a week. Then one day I turned it on and within about 15 seconds my battery went from 70 something% to 0% and my laptop would not run unless plugged in. If i unplugged it and tried to turn it on it would turn on...
  4. Laptop Battery dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Battery dead: Hi Windows 10 A 2 fold question. I have an HP Omen Laptop and for some time now that battery refuses to charge. For long time though the computer recognized that there was a battery as it always said it had 92% charge remaining but it would not charge. So first question is...
  5. Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update error: minimum battery on a laptop with dead battery: Recently, onde of the updates failed error 0x8024004c, and the messege says that I need to have my battery charged at least 40%. Unfortunately, my PC's battery is dead, it doesn't charge anymore, and it only works while pluged. Is there any solution to make it update even...
  6. Is my laptop dead because of an update? (Full story in comments).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my laptop dead because of an update? (Full story in comments).: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZeskReddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6g18y/is_my_laptop_dead_because_of_an_update_full_story/
  7. Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with dead battery after the last Windows 10 update: Hello. I run a Lenovo z50 Windows 10 Laptop and the battery was working fine (approx 2 hours+) until I ran the latest update earlier this week. Since that update the battery is totally dead and will not take a charge. Has anyone else had a similar issue and is there a way...
  8. Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Dead from Windows 10 Update on Brand New Laptop: I recently purchased a new gaming laptop. After windows 10 updates automatically installed, my battery stopped charging. I noticed this morning that it was at 10% so I shut it down. Apparently the shut down during the 10% and now the computer will not start back up. How am I...
  9. Unable to update Windows 10 because:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to update Windows 10 because:: Can anyone tell me if Avira Antivirus is legitimate?? Unable to update my Windows 10 because msg states that the update cannot remove the App. (Avira Antivirus) and I have to remove it manually before the program can run the Windows 10 update. Any suggestions on this????...
  10. Windows Updates fail if battery is low or dead

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates fail if battery is low or dead: https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/windows-updates-activation/19649d1432326773-windows-updates-fail-if-battery-low-dead-sky.png?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171 Credit TenForums member skynet3 in this post To add to skynet3's reputation (you should, especially if...