Windows 10: Windows 10 unable to Update or use Windows Defender

Discus and support Windows 10 unable to Update or use Windows Defender in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Stuck on Windows 10 Version 1709 Things I've done sfc /scannow (I've done it three times) Dism (check health, scan health, restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LethalTurtle, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Windows 10 unable to Update or use Windows Defender

Windows 10 unable to Update or use Windows Defender hbypfBzQvwh9e41dCj9MyA0NsvrJ3YE1LMzN6TCA9_I.jpg

Stuck on Windows 10 Version 1709

Things I've done
    sfc /scannow (I've done it three times)

Dism (check health, scan health, restore health)

Downloaded and used an Anti-Malware program (Malwarebytes)

Downloaded and used Microsoft Safety Scanner (MSERT.exe)

submitted by /u/LethalTurtle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LethalTurtle, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Windows 10 unable to Update or use Windows Defender

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 unable to Update or use Windows Defender

1. Windows 10 unable to Update or use Windows Defender - Similar Threads - unable Update Defender

2. microsoft windows defender unable to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft windows defender unable to update: my pc runs 8.1 with windows 10 up grade installed. Im not concerned of no update for chrome. I use duck duck go. to day I ran my windows defender and it ran a little the says unable to update definitions .Ill keep trying it but should I uninstall and reinstall.?...
  3. Unable to update the window defender for servers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update the window defender for servers: I tried all three approaches for updating the defender. However none of them works.... can someone provide me with some help https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-for-microsoft-defender-antimalware-platform-92e21611-8cf1-8e0e-56d6-561a07d144cc...
  4. Windows 10 Unable to update or use Windows Defender

Windows 10 Unable to update or use Windows Defender: [IMG] I used the Image file setup and it returned the 0x8007001F - 0x20006 error Windows 10 Version 1709 Things I've done sfc /scannow (I've done it three times) Dism (check health, scan health, restore health) Downloaded and used an Anti-Malware program (Malwarebytes)...
  5. Windows defender unable to update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender unable to update: Hi everone i am using windows 10 profession and dell 7510 core i7 laptop i am trying to upgrade defender it shows pending to install but automaticall it closes it is unable install is there anyother way...
  6. Unable to update or manage Windows Defender

Unable to update or manage Windows Defender: For the past few months, I've repeatedly been unable to update Windows Defender or run any virus scans on my own. After selecting Virus & Threat Protection, I receive the same "your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". This a privately owned PC...
  7. Windows Defender unable to download updates.

Windows Defender unable to download updates.: When trying to update in Windows Defender receive message to contact Help and Support. Error Code 2145124330. I have Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-unable-to-download-updates/3f06b7b7-ab58-4360-9869-e729ba862226
  8. Unable to update windows, unable to start windows defender.

Unable to update windows, unable to start windows defender.: So here is the story. My computer was infected with a virus. It disabled my ability update windows or use windows defender. I installed Malware bytes and was able to remove the virus. The problem is I still can't update windows or use defender. I have read so many fix actions...
  9. Unable to Update Windows Defender

Unable to Update Windows Defender: virus and spyware definitions cannot be updated [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/unable-to-update-windows-defender/282e8f47-0f3d-4a97-a90c-0b9d024a0b35
  10. Unable to update windows defender

Unable to update windows defender: Unable to update Windows defender. Kept coming up with the message Erro Code 0x80004004 'The definition updates could not be installed Any suggestions please...