Windows 10: Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio...

Discus and support Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am having some issues with using a pair of USB Speakers. The speakers in question are not displaying on the list of available sound devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by S.Andy, Mar 6, 2020.

1. S.Andy Win User

Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio...

Hi,

I am having some issues with using a pair of USB Speakers.

The speakers in question are not displaying on the list of available sound devices in sound settings.

The 'USB Audio' driver appears in the device manager, but appears under the 'Sound, video and game controllers' category.

Windows is only displaying items from the 'High Definition Audio Device' controller, under the 'Audio Inputs and Outputs' section, in the sound settings.

I have tried uninstalling the items in the controllers section and rebooting.

Windows Audio service and Windows Audio Endpoint builder are both running and set to automatic startup.

PC Specifications are below:

Summary
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-6300 27 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
    RAM
    24.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz 11-11-11-28
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 970A-UD3P CPU 1 34 °C
    Graphics
    K202HQL 1366x768@60Hz
    LT1952p Wide 1440x900@60Hz
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Gigabyte 50 °C
    Storage
    465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G1B0A-00H9H0 SSD 31 °C
    465GB Seagate ST3500312CS SATA 31 °C
    7GB SanDisk Cruzer USB Device USB
    Optical Drives
    ATAPI DVD A DH20A1S
    Audio
    High Definition Audio Device
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Computer type: Desktop
    Installation Date: 10/08/2019 05:28:27

Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio  Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio... 5be90c0c-4784-43e7-8f75-f1c27bdc14ae?upload=true.png

:)

S.Andy, Mar 6, 2020
  2. netter Win User

No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Mar 6, 2020
  3. USB Audio Codec Driver

After following all these steps, my usb audio device still does not work. In Settings > Connected devices it list USB Audio Codec Driver is unavailable.

Jerry De La Cruz, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio...

Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio... - Similar Threads - Unable USB Audio

2. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  3. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  4. 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found: This is not a question but every thread on this subject neglected to address this issue and the threads are locked. Hoping this helps someone else. Kept getting error 0x8889000f when switching to USB Audio Codec Behringer USB Audio Interface. Would work when system reboots...
  5. 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found: This is not a question but every thread on this subject neglected to address this issue and the threads are locked. Hoping this helps someone else. Kept getting error 0x8889000f when switching to USB Audio Codec Behringer USB Audio Interface. Would work when system reboots...
  6. 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. USB Audio device not controlled by windows volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Audio device not controlled by windows volume: Hi, My Windows volume controls aren't working when using a USB headset, but are when using a Bluetooth speaker. I have Turtle Beach Stealth 450's A USB wireless 7.1 headphones which have a on-board volume rocker. This is the only way I can adjust the output volume to the...
  8. Audio Bluetoth device its not showing as audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Bluetoth device its not showing as audio device: Hello everyone, Pleeas can you help me with my trouble..... I have brought new EVOLVEO AudioConverter XS reciever and conected it to my amplifire>spaekers to be able to play music trough Bluetooth its working well with my TV and iPhone but on the laptop running with Win 10,...
  9. Audio device connected to USB game controller not outputting audio

Audio device connected to USB game controller not outputting audio: I have an audio device plugged into my USB game controller, and although my PC is telling me it is connected and unmuted, it will not output sound. this is confusing as a few days prior I had no issue with this,...
  10. Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio

Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio: Hi, I am having some issues with using a pair of USB Speakers. The speakers in question are not displaying on the list of available sound devices in sound settings. The 'USB Audio' driver appears in the device manager, but appears under the 'Sound, video and game...