Windows 10: Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio

Discus and support Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am having some issues with using a pair of USB Speakers. The speakers in question are not displaying on the list of available sound devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by S.Andy, Mar 5, 2020.

1. S.Andy Win User

Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio

Hi,

I am having some issues with using a pair of USB Speakers.

The speakers in question are not displaying on the list of available sound devices in sound settings.

The 'USB Audio' driver appears in the device manager, but appears under the 'Sound, video and game controllers' category.

Windows is only displaying items from the 'High Definition Audio Device' controller, under the 'Audio Inputs and Outputs' section, in the sound settings.

I have tried uninstalling the items in the controllers section and rebooting.

Windows Audio service and Windows Audio Endpoint builder are both running and set to automatic startup.

PC Specifications are below:

Summary
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-6300 27 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
    RAM
    24.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz 11-11-11-28
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 970A-UD3P CPU 1 34 °C
    Graphics
    K202HQL 1366x768@60Hz
    LT1952p Wide 1440x900@60Hz
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Gigabyte 50 °C
    Storage
    465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G1B0A-00H9H0 SSD 31 °C
    465GB Seagate ST3500312CS SATA 31 °C
    7GB SanDisk Cruzer USB Device USB
    Optical Drives
    ATAPI DVD A DH20A1S
    Audio
    High Definition Audio Device
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Computer type: Desktop
    Installation Date: 10/08/2019 05:28:27

Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio 5be90c0c-4784-43e7-8f75-f1c27bdc14ae?upload=true.png

:)

S.Andy, Mar 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio - Similar Threads - Unable USB Audio

2. Unable to use audio balance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use audio balance: So i recently messed up my headset by giving it a little knock, so the right side of it is alot quiter than the left. A good solution is to raise the audio on the right side. Ive already tried raising the volume by going through the control panel but it wont show the option...
  3. Unable to use audio balance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use audio balance: So i recently messed up my headset by giving it a little knock, so the right side of it is alot quiter than the left. A good solution is to raise the audio on the right side. Ive already tried raising the volume by going through the control panel but it wont show the option...
  4. Unable to install windows using UEFI USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to install windows using UEFI USB: Every time I try booting into the UEFI mode of my usb drive it gets stuck in a bootloop. I can boot into the legacy mode of my bootable media, but using an MBR partition scheme instead of GPT is out of the question, because I'm dual booting and can't survive without REFInd or...
  5. Unable to use usb ports.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use usb ports.: My computer isn't recognising any flash drives, phones connected through USB. Yet I am able to use a USB keyboard and a 2.4G wireless mouse. This is happening for almost 2 years from now. I have tried everything from uninstalling my drives and reinstalling them, updating my...
  6. Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.: I had Windows 10 installed in my machine and the C: drive was bitlocker encrypted. Now, that my system crashed, I want to install Windows afresh. But while booting the USB drive, the drives don't show up. It asked me to load drives so tried loading drivers but that didn't...
  7. Unable to use USB camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use USB camera: I have installed windows media feature pack of N & KN version. In the device manager I see the message that tells me my Camera Driver is updated and camera device is working properly. Issues: 1. When I try to open Windows Camera, it says "Please install Windows Media...
  8. Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio...

Windows 10 - Unable to use USB Audio Devices show in audio controllers but not in audio...: Hi, I am having some issues with using a pair of USB Speakers. The speakers in question are not displaying on the list of available sound devices in sound settings. The 'USB Audio' driver appears in the device manager, but appears under the 'Sound, video and game...
  9. Unable to use USB Floppy Drive

Unable to use USB Floppy Drive: I am really hope I can get some help with this. I have two different USB floppy drives that will not work on either my desktop, or my laptop. I am running version 1903 on the desktop, while I have the latest Preview on the laptop. The strangest part is that the drive is...
  10. Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to repair Windows 10 using USB drive: I tried to repair my installation of Windows 10 but could not do so. I even tried to recover my system but that also was of no use. I have dual boot in my lapotp. The ubuntu installation is booting normally, but windows is not booting up. Please help....