Windows 10: Windows 10 unactivated after hardware change

Discus and support Windows 10 unactivated after hardware change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So today I changed my motherboard, CPU and ram because I needed an upgrade. Everything was good and nothing changed. I noticed after a couple of hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kurpingspace2, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 unactivated after hardware change

So today I changed my motherboard, CPU and ram because I needed an upgrade. Everything was good and nothing changed. I noticed after a couple of hours that windows 10 unactivated itself and I don't know how to get it back. I don't have a key because I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8. It was a free update because I think everyone hated windows 8 for some reason.

So is there a way to get it back? I just spent a lot of hours trying to cable manage and I don't really want to replace. I didn't see this as an issue because I thought everything is stored in hard drive, and it probably is but some kind of security measure or something.

Is there anything I can do?

:)

kurpingspace2, Jan 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 unactivated after hardware change

Windows 10 reactivation on hardware changes

Hi Florea,

It is possible that Windows won't be able to identify your computer correctly that is why the operating system is not activated. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to reactivate your Windows 10 after a hardware change.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 unactivated after hardware change

1. Windows 10 unactivated after hardware change - Similar Threads - unactivated hardware change

2. Windows unactivated after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows unactivated after update: I just updated to build 22635 with Windows Insider Program, and all of a sudden my Windows is no longer activated. How do I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-unactivated-after-update/2e49d472-f9e8-4104-a52a-959c9c2d1587
  3. My windows 10 has unactivated due to hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My windows 10 has unactivated due to hardware change: What can i do? Troubleshoot does not work, i changed some pc parts and now it is no longer activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-has-unactivated-due-to-hardware/e0e0e3b0-1f1f-4a97-8d34-fb904bdea52c
  4. My windows 10 has unactivated due to hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 has unactivated due to hardware change: What can i do? Troubleshoot does not work, i changed some pc parts and now it is no longer activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-has-unactivated-due-to-hardware/e0e0e3b0-1f1f-4a97-8d34-fb904bdea52c
  5. My windows 10 has unactivated due to hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unactivated Windows 10

Unactivated Windows 10: Hi team,I just installed windows 10 through a DVD but I don't have the key product, and I don't think I will ever buy it considering the price.My question is, will there be any limitation on gaming, would it affect performance or cause any troubles when gaming.PS: I only use...
  7. Changing windows 10 license after hardware change

Changing windows 10 license after hardware change: Hello, So, yesterday I changed my motherboard in the same computer, and so after installing Windows 10, I went to "Troubleshoot windows 10 license" --> "Device hardware change" and thats where it told me that I could activate it again from my old computer. I was surprised...
  8. New hardware + Digital License - can not reactivate Windows 10 after unactivating previous...

New hardware + Digital License - can not reactivate Windows 10 after unactivating previous...: I have a digital Windows 10 license and finished rebuilding my computer yesterday, but I am unable to activate my new hardware configuration with my digital license. I am not getting a specific error, rather it is acting like I don't have a digital license linked to my...
  9. No windows after hardware change

No windows after hardware change: Hi, I recently upgraded my system's motherboard, cpu, gpu, ram and psu, anyways I don't have windows anymore. I checked my settings and can confirm that I had a retail windows 10 pro version, I tried the re-activation process, but it doesn't work, I'm a student and need my...
  10. Windows 10 After Hardware Changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 After Hardware Changes: Hi, I have Windows 10 Single Language (upgraded from Windows 8.1 SL OEM) 64bit and I'm planning to make a hardware change (CPU. mainboard, GPU, case, PSU, etc.). From what I read, if I change the CPU and/or mainboard, Windows needs to be activated again. Is this true? So I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows unactivated hardware change

2. changed pc parts and windows unactivated

3. i changed my graphics card and it says my windows is unactivated

4. windows unactivated changed hardware,
  5. i changed my hardware and it unactivated windows 10