Windows 10: Windows 10 Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10 minutes

Discus and support Windows 10 Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10 minutes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well thank you MicroSUCK!!!!!!!! Upgrade to Windows 10 has **** my laptop. Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelWoodcroft, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10 minutes

Well thank you MicroSUCK!!!!!!!!

Upgrade to Windows 10 has **** my laptop. Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10 minutes and it won't shut down. It just resets to sign in.

It's also **** my other partition with a FAR superior O/S.

It's not surprising, as you are the worst O/S in history. You also lock me out of hotmail for FALSE reasons and then when I speak with a "representative" she claims that I've answered all questions, but want's me to confirm a range of dynamic IP numbers. ****?????

You are without a doubt, the most unprofessional, mendacious, Machiavellian, pestiferous, odious individuals in history.

Please forward an address for your UK legal department.

:)

MichaelWoodcroft, Sep 20, 2019
  2. scevism Win User

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10  Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10 minutes :mad:

scevism, Sep 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10 minutes

windows 10 slow boot

To add to what @Drone said, W10 still does not seem to like power-saving features in BIOS, and doesn't seem to like the "fast start" option in Windows, which ironically makes it faster without that option.

rtwjunkie, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10 minutes

1. Windows 10 Unbelievably slow. As in switch on to "working" desktop, in excess of 10 minutes - Similar Threads - Unbelievably slow switch

2. Computer’s unbelievably slow and It won’t hard reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer’s unbelievably slow and It won’t hard reset: I’ve had my HP Pavilion gaming laptop for about 2 years approaching mid february. It’s pretty decent, and can run some games pretty good like how I want to. Sometimes, I wish it could run better when recording, or have a better gpu and more ram, but at least it gets the job...
  3. Networking excessively slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking excessively slow.: I have a fairly new 6 months old DELL Inspiron 17 3793 laptop. One of the reasons I purchased this unit was that it comes with Windows 10 Pro. This the operating system I prefer, and it was on my previous laptop, an aging but reliable HP G72. I had issues right out of the...
  4. This is unbelievable

This is unbelievable: Who do I murder? My PC started today and defaulted to Microsoft Edge. I tried to do a system restore which would not take. I then did a reset of the computer and when it restarted some of my flight sim icons were gone from my desktop, my chrome browser was totally gone from...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Boot up unbelievable slow...25 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro Boot up unbelievable slow...25 minutes.: My question - is there any way I can examine traces, logs, messages, dumps, errors after W10 boots up to determine what system activities were causing the boot up process to be so slow?...
  6. Windows Store download times being unbelievably slow.

Windows Store download times being unbelievably slow.: I’m trying to download sea of thieves and everything is fine and then the number of how much I have downloaded just stops, it doesn’t tell me how fast it is downloading anymore, but it still says it’s downloading. I had enough of that and restarted the download to see that it...
  7. Windows 10 switching to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 switching to desktop: Windows keeps switching to the desktop after the last time this happened I went and checked the event log and this is the event that keeps doing it. Event 10016, DistributedCOM The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the...
  8. For 10 minutes, the desktop was locked

in Windows 10 Support
    For 10 minutes, the desktop was locked: I freshly installed 1809 Pro to a brand new XPS 15 9570. Once in Windows Explorer, I discovered the desktop to be completely locked. Wouldn't respond to clicks or right-clicks anywhere. Dragging This PC as if to make a shortcut on the desktop showed the "no smoking" sign....
  9. Excessive upload by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excessive upload by Windows 10: Hello, My Win10 machine is using about 50 GB (upload) or more per day - all while sitting idle. All data connections are marked metered, all live tiles are turned off, there are only a small handful of applications - none requiring internet, verified none are running in the...
  10. Desktop with Windows 10, sometimes loads fully but then slows to minutes to load programs....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop with Windows 10, sometimes loads fully but then slows to minutes to load programs....: As above problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-with-windows-10-sometimes-loads-fully-but/de05337d-ece4-4163-8ccb-0c28b2ac995d