Windows 10: Windows 10 Undoing Changes To Your Computer Loop

Discus and support Windows 10 Undoing Changes To Your Computer Loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Undoing Changes To Your Computer Loop I updated my windows 10 on my PC last night but it froze, so i let it update overbight and woke up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KPF-[xboxvenue], Nov 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Undoing Changes To Your Computer Loop

Windows 10 Undoing Changes To Your Computer Loop

I updated my windows 10 on my PC last night but it froze, so i let it update overbight and woke up to the same %. I had no choice but to just turn off my PC and see what would happen. The “Undoing changes made to your computer” screen came up (which i’ve seen before, but went away after 10-20 minutes). I left for 2-3 hours and now have came back to a loop of this. My bootup screen, windows loading screen and then “undoing changes” screen, on a loop. I believe it might be putting my PC to sleep or something too as my keyboard lights turn off after every loop, which happens when my PC is shut down.

Ive looked for solutions but none work. I can’t enter safe mode or recovery mode with F8 or Esc. I cant enter recover mode either with hard shut down 3 times. The only other solution i’ve seen is to wait it out. But I think 3 hours should be long enough.

Does anyone know any way to resolve this??

Thank you

:)

KPF-[xboxvenue], Nov 14, 2019

2. windows 10 undoing changes loop

Hi,

This issue is caused by a corrupted updates on your computer.

We found an article similar to your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on this
    thread.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 14, 2019
  4. LR03 Win User

windows 10 undoing changes loop

Laptop is stuck in an 'undoing changes' loop. I cannot access the file to delete the update causing the loop and I've tried to restart in safe mode but it won't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Undoing Changes To Your Computer Loop - Similar Threads - Undoing Changes Computer

2. Undoing changes made to your computer loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes made to your computer loop: Help, i am a windows 11 user and during an update my power went out. After it came back on i turned my computer back on and it booted up normally but is stuck in a loop saying undoing changes made to your computer....
  3. Undoing changes made to your computer loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing changes made to your computer loop: Help, i am a windows 11 user and during an update my power went out. After it came back on i turned my computer back on and it booted up normally but is stuck in a loop saying undoing changes made to your computer....
  4. Undoing changes to your computer loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undoing changes to your computer loop: Hello This morning I have some free time and I see there is a window update needed so I click it while I'm away. I went outside the entire day and when I got home the computer screen is "Undoing changes made to your computer" I was let it run for hours. Because it took...
  5. Stuck in Undoing changes made to your computer loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Undoing changes made to your computer loop: Two nights ago Windows asked me to restart to install an update and I did, the computer proceeded to spend the entire night and most of the next day restarting itself endlessly; I got home from work at the end of that day and tried to figure out what was wrong and in the...
  6. Undoing changes to your computer loop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Undoing changes to your computer loop on Windows 10: Some time ago my DELL PC started having some minor problems. The PC was still usable, but the problems gradually piled up. At first, I couldn't open command line. It would flash on the screen and close immediately. Eventually I could no longer open notifications or check...
  7. Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undoing changes made to your computer boot loop: I had windows update itself and now it does not startup, giving "Undoing changes made to your computer", restarting and then going again and again in an infinite loop. I am unable to force "Automatic repair" screen by force shutting down multiple times, or pressing any of the...
  8. "Undoing changes made to your computer" loop

"Undoing changes made to your computer" loop: windows 10 tried updating during my off hours and I guess it ended up not working because it's been stuck in this loop. after a while it either resets or bsods, I haven't gotten the error code but next time I'll be sure to remember it. I've tried booting into safe mode...
  9. Undoing changes made to your computer loop

Undoing changes made to your computer loop: My desktop is stuck in a continual loop where it starts to boot, then says "attempting to recover installation", then says, "undoing changes made to your computer." Then it just restarts and does this again and again and again and again. The whole loop last maybe 30 seconds....
  10. Windows 10 update 1903 undoing changes to your computer loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update 1903 undoing changes to your computer loop: Hi, I just tried to install the new Function Update 1903 on my Laptop (Not sure about the version number). On first try it failed got to the point of undoing the changes and worked normally again. Then i retried the Updated. Windows Downloaded it again and installed it and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. undoing changes made to your computer lenovo ideapad

2. undoing changes made to your computer

3. win10 nov 2019 update undoing loop