Windows 10: Windows 10, unfinished product

Discus and support Windows 10, unfinished product in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 since the first TP release on a separate computer and on Virtual machines.. I must say that some features are welcome, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Simple, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Simple Win User

Windows 10, unfinished product

I have been using Windows 10 since the first TP release on a separate computer and on Virtual machines.. I must say that some features are welcome, in fact this is what Windows 8.1 should have been.

However, I upgraded my HP M6 laptop the same day of the official release.. to my surprise I had a number of issues that took me time to fix such as the IDT sound effect on YouTube, and some issues (like HP Quick Launch) still unable to fix..

I would have thought that the Technical Preview was a free of charge test program where Microsoft and its Hardware and Software partners take the opportunity to ensure that their wares are working well before release. Obviously, for some partners, it is not the case.

I use some applications (like Actia DiagBox) where the vendor warns against upgrading to Windows 10, so I use that and some other applications under Windows xp in a virtual machine.

I used to be enthusiastic about fixing issues... I now want things to reliably work like they used to, under Windows 8.1... in my current case, Windows 10 is a solution to a problem that did not exist..

:)

Simple, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows 10 unfinished product

I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago, and since then, I re-installed it 3 times, called technical support 2 times (each over 1 hour with absolutely no result), and my computer is just messed up. Programs uninstall without my action, files won't show up,
    programs refuse to run or start up in 10 minutes instead of 20 seconds, Microsoft Encarta and Microsoft Life Cam disappear from my iconsand from my programs list etc.

I'm going to revert to Windows 8.1, I see no other choice.

JoeAngster, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Problem after upgrading to Windows 10, control panel and start menu not working

I have to say that when Microsoft brags and says Windows 10 is much more easy to use.

But doing something like backup requires more work than Linux does with typed in commands?

Not that I like Linux as I do not.

Windows 10 is a very clearly an unfinished product with customers as beta testers.

I should not have to create another Administrator Account each time I have a issue?

This is clearly a unfinished product when I need 3 new accounts and each is for a different issue?

And do not even start on how much I hate Edge Browser. Not just unfinished but unusable!

RichardGilbertson, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10, unfinished product

1. Windows 10, unfinished product - Similar Threads - unfinished product

2. I got a black screen login into an unfinished user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a black screen login into an unfinished user account: so my husband factory reset a laptop we bought from a friend. he made himself the admin and started to add me as a user but didn't finish it. I went to login in and showed me as a user and let me put in my password and now the screen is black with only the mouse on it....
  3. I got a black screen login into an unfinished user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got a black screen login into an unfinished user account: so my husband factory reset a laptop we bought from a friend. he made himself the admin and started to add me as a user but didn't finish it. I went to login in and showed me as a user and let me put in my password and now the screen is black with only the mouse on it....
  4. I got a black screen login into an unfinished user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. With the new update that removes Video Editor for Clipchamp, where will the unfinished...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With the new update that removes Video Editor for Clipchamp, where will the unfinished...: I use Video Editor to work on various video projects for work. And while I have a copy of the finished videos, it is nice to have the unfinished version in the Video Editor library so that I can always go back and change the audio, add a frame, etc. My concern is that with...
  6. With the new update that removes Video Editor for Clipchamp, where will the unfinished...

With the new update that removes Video Editor for Clipchamp, where will the unfinished...: I use Video Editor to work on various video projects for work. And while I have a copy of the finished videos, it is nice to have the unfinished version in the Video Editor library so that I can always go back and change the audio, add a frame, etc. My concern is that with...
  7. where do unfinished video projects reside?

where do unfinished video projects reside?: My Windows 10 Surface died and I bought a new Surface with Windows 11. I read that I needed to download Legacy Photos in order to work on y Windows 10 video projects.How do I find them?I searched for 1 whose name I remembered and it came up but without a file location. Where...
  8. where do unfinished video projects reside?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where do unfinished video projects reside?: My Windows 10 Surface died and I bought a new Surface with Windows 11. I read that I needed to download Legacy Photos in order to work on y Windows 10 video projects.How do I find them?I searched for 1 whose name I remembered and it came up but without a file location. Where...
  9. How can I cleanup unfinished Hyper-V downloads?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I cleanup unfinished Hyper-V downloads?: I am using Windows 10 Pro and I enabled Hyper-V in order to install a Windows 11 virtual machine. Hyper-V recommended at least 37 GB of space in C: and I had 40 GB so I installed the virtual machine but after the download finished, it told me the drive didn't have enough...
  10. How can I cleanup unfinished Hyper-V downloads?

How can I cleanup unfinished Hyper-V downloads?: I am using Windows 10 Pro and I enabled Hyper-V in order to install a Windows 11 virtual machine. Hyper-V recommended at least 37 GB of space in C: and I had 40 GB so I installed the virtual machine but after the download finished, it told me the drive didn't have enough...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 released as an incomplete product