Windows 10: Windows 10, unfinished product

Discus and support Windows 10, unfinished product in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 since the first TP release on a separate computer and on Virtual machines.. I must say that some features are welcome, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Simple, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Simple Win User

Windows 10, unfinished product

I have been using Windows 10 since the first TP release on a separate computer and on Virtual machines.. I must say that some features are welcome, in fact this is what Windows 8.1 should have been.

However, I upgraded my HP M6 laptop the same day of the official release.. to my surprise I had a number of issues that took me time to fix such as the IDT sound effect on YouTube, and some issues (like HP Quick Launch) still unable to fix..

I would have thought that the Technical Preview was a free of charge test program where Microsoft and its Hardware and Software partners take the opportunity to ensure that their wares are working well before release. Obviously, for some partners, it is not the case.

I use some applications (like Actia DiagBox) where the vendor warns against upgrading to Windows 10, so I use that and some other applications under Windows xp in a virtual machine.

I used to be enthusiastic about fixing issues... I now want things to reliably work like they used to, under Windows 8.1... in my current case, Windows 10 is a solution to a problem that did not exist..

:)

Simple, Jul 31, 2015
  2. JoeAngster Win User

Windows 10 unfinished product

I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago, and since then, I re-installed it 3 times, called technical support 2 times (each over 1 hour with absolutely no result), and my computer is just messed up. Programs uninstall without my action, files won't show up,
    programs refuse to run or start up in 10 minutes instead of 20 seconds, Microsoft Encarta and Microsoft Life Cam disappear from my iconsand from my programs list etc.

I'm going to revert to Windows 8.1, I see no other choice.

JoeAngster, Jul 31, 2015
  3. RichardGilbertson Win User
    Problem after upgrading to Windows 10, control panel and start menu not working

I have to say that when Microsoft brags and says Windows 10 is much more easy to use.

But doing something like backup requires more work than Linux does with typed in commands?

Not that I like Linux as I do not.

Windows 10 is a very clearly an unfinished product with customers as beta testers.

I should not have to create another Administrator Account each time I have a issue?

This is clearly a unfinished product when I need 3 new accounts and each is for a different issue?

And do not even start on how much I hate Edge Browser. Not just unfinished but unusable!

RichardGilbertson, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10, unfinished product

1. Windows 10, unfinished product - Similar Threads - unfinished product

2. Office 2019 error on Window 10- cannot verify the license for the product

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 2019 error on Window 10- cannot verify the license for the product: Recently Purchased a Microsoft office 2019 and installed on my window 10 lap top via a link. After installation it is giving me following error; microsoft office cannot verify the license for this product. you should repair the office program by using control panel....
  3. How do I see what product key I used during install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I see what product key I used during install?: I have a computer that I built and installed Windows 10 on. I used the computer for a little while and am now selling it. I want to sell it with the disc that I used to do the install. Problem is I have multiple copies of Windows 10 and I'm not sure what disk I used for the...
  4. Windows Activation Product Key

Windows Activation Product Key: Hello I cannot Activate My Windows It will Expire ON OCT 21,2018 And I cannot Find my Product Key I have just bought my Laptop this Month Please Help me Thankyou!!!...
  5. Black Lines and Boxes appearing in all 2016 Microsoft Office Products in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Lines and Boxes appearing in all 2016 Microsoft Office Products in Windows 10: One of our staff members computers is having an issue with all 2016 Microsoft Office 64bit products. The screenshots show the issue in Outlook. There was also a problem in Excel and Word. When dragging an Excel or Word document onto the monitor (not full screen) it was fine,...
  6. Change Name at top of Microsoft Products

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Name at top of Microsoft Products: Good Morning, I've been trying to amend my profile name that appears at the top of the Microsoft products. I have logged into Microsoft and updated/edited the proper name, however the old name still appears at the top of the products when I open, for example, Word or...
  7. Windows 10 Education N, product key doesn`t work

Windows 10 Education N, product key doesn`t work: hello I download windows 10 Education N (polish) and I successfully installed it but the product key doesn`t work (0xc004f050) what should I do with it?...
  8. Unable to boot to Windows 10 after an unfinished update.

Unable to boot to Windows 10 after an unfinished update.: I hope that somebody can help me here because the problem might be quite complex. Anyway, I was downloading an update for windows 10 which was successful. The problem occurred when it was being installed, if you don't know what i mean it's the stage where you're told not to...
  9. Win10 update unfinished install for personal settings Aug 2018, hung on black screen

Win10 update unfinished install for personal settings Aug 2018, hung on black screen: An automatic Win10 update downloaded to my laptop in the last couple of days, not sure exactly when, Aug. 12-14/18? It installed upon shutdown. When I next booted up, the installation proceeded, then when I logged in (to MS option) it showed a small box, Updating personal...
  10. Windows xp icons for windows 10 (unfinished but almost done)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows xp icons for windows 10 (unfinished but almost done): Hello as the title says I made an icon pack that replaces windows 10 icons with xp icons but it is unfinished because I dont know which icons go over which or some are not there. Get the tool that replaces them automaticaly right here Get Windows 7/8 Icons In Windows 10 With...