Windows 10: Windows 10 "uninstalls" apps or tools without my permission.

Discus and support Windows 10 "uninstalls" apps or tools without my permission. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been happening for 3 days, every day an App "uninstalls itself" (Windows only deletes the .exe file) this is very uncomfortable to me, on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Santyrios514, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 "uninstalls" apps or tools without my permission.

This has been happening for 3 days, every day an App "uninstalls itself" (Windows only deletes the .exe file) this is very uncomfortable to me, on tuesday it was Twitch (I don't use it very often), yesterday it was PUBG LITE, and today it was my browser (Opera GX) it is not very uncomfortable for me to reinstall the apps (especially since all files are not removed), but since I'm on online classes right now I don't have a lot of time in the morning to reinstall the apps. I only have Wallpaper Engine for a "modifier tool". Is there a way to solve it?

submitted by /u/Santyrios514
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Santyrios514, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Aug 27, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 "uninstalls" apps or tools without my permission.

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 "uninstalls" apps or tools without my permission.

1. Windows 10 "uninstalls" apps or tools without my permission. - Similar Threads - uninstalls apps tools

2. Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission: I use Windows 10 Pro. All updates are turned off and there are no known permissions for updates. However, some apps photos, calculator and others were recently updated without me knowing or approving. The icons are different and the functionality has changed. This tells me...
  3. Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission: I use Windows 10 Pro. All updates are turned off and there are no known permissions for updates. However, some apps photos, calculator and others were recently updated without me knowing or approving. The icons are different and the functionality has changed. This tells me...
  4. Windows 10 Pro updating apps without permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft store installing apps without my permission

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store installing apps without my permission: Good day,Microsoft store installing apps without my permission even when Update apps automatically is tuned off. It just downloaded "Photos Media Engine Add-on" of 93MB and I have limited internet data!Any advice to stop this from happening?Fran...
  6. My windows reseted without my permission. windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows reseted without my permission. windows 10: Hello Microsoft Community, Today I opened my pc and said that I couldn't login into my operating system. I didn't even know what is that about so I pressed sign out. It signed me out and then got me to the login screen the normal one. I inserted my password and then it said...
  7. Windows is updating my apps without my permission. How to stop?

Windows is updating my apps without my permission. How to stop?: it looks like my alarms and clock app got updated. Start menu icon changed. I just rebooted, and all my sticky notes have their own taskbar tab/button, whereas before, it would just have one button for all notes combined. I have windows update set to metered connection....
  8. Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 uninstalling apps without my permission: Hi. I am a CS student and there are several apps I need installed on my PC (even if they are not compatible with it or slow it down). Just now I have found out Windows 10 silently uninstalled Meld and Visual Studio Code without my knowledge, let alone my permission. I've read...
  9. Windows 10 Mail App Sends Mails Without My Permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Mail App Sends Mails Without My Permission: I am afraid that's a malware. What can i do? I use kaspersky internet security and malwarebytes. I have tried adwcleaner and junkware removal tool, i can't use combofix because i am on 10. A message like this: Hey! New message, please read ... 28457
  10. Apps getting Installed Without my Permission

Apps getting Installed Without my Permission: This is really getting on my nerves that Windows 10 installs apps which I do not need without my permission. For example, I just noticed that an app called PowerBI just appeared on my Start Menu without me telling it to install it. This is just annoying and rude so to...