Windows 10: Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses...

Discus and support Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro 19041.804 and I recently found out that Windows unistalled my current torrent client, qBittorrent. I tried to reinstall it but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UltimateMygoochness, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses...

I have Windows 10 Pro 19041.804 and I recently found out that Windows unistalled my current torrent client, qBittorrent. I tried to reinstall it but it flagged a virus and blocked the install, I tried uTorrent, BitTorrent, and Vuze, and they were all flagged with viruses and blocked. I'm 99% certain that not all of these clients that I'm downloading from the official sites can have viruses, including on all of the mirror servers, so I think it must Windows being a bit over zealous. How can I fix this issue safely so that I can torrent again? Any help is appreciated.

submitted by /u/UltimateMygoochness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UltimateMygoochness, Mar 6, 2021

2. best torrent client

you need to have used 2 or more of these to be able to have a good/decent answer:
    1. qBittorrent
    2. Deluge
    3. Transmission

• 1 of the sites said these 3 was the best ones
    • gooogle is filled with spam from the marketing ppl, cant find any good info (maybe you're better at this)

1. which torrent client is easiest to use?
    2. what does it do better than the other torrent apps?
    3. what does it do that the other torrent apps does not?
    4. anything else informative + helpful

good reliable links that answers the above 3 questions is good

1 person here says 'deluge', no idea how reliable qBittorrent downloading only at half speed!?

win10user999, Mar 6, 2021
  3. XTL
    xTL Win User
    Decent (Ad Free) Bit Torrent client for Windows

I want to suggest Qbittorrent for windows, this client is very stable, gets regular updates and has a very clearn UI, no ads or other unnecessary clutter, all in all a very good torrentclient for windows Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses... :)

Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses... [​IMG]

4. Damocles Win User

Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses...

suspicious overhead with latest qbittorrent update

I also use qbittorrent. Have updated yesterday to 3.3.7 and so far it works as the previous versions. This torrent client is much, much better than that ad infested utorrent.

Damocles, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses...

1. Windows 10 unistalled qBittorrent and is now flagging all torrent clients as having viruses... - Similar Threads - unistalled qBittorrent flagging

2. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  3. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    torrent client and downloading: i have tried to install 3 different torrent clients and none of them will download any torrents once i add the torrent there is no longer any contact with the internet but it does not start to download and thats all that happens, also when i try to install vuze torrent the...
  4. torrent client and downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My friend tried to install QBitTorrent and Defender flagged it as a threat. He downloaded...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My friend tried to install QBitTorrent and Defender flagged it as a threat. He downloaded...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bluelagoonstyle [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcae9s/my_friend_tried_to_install_qbittorrent_and/
  6. Unable to Remove Torrent Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to Remove Torrent Virus: Split from this thread. Hello i have a torent virus and i cant take it off or i cant remove it can you help me remove it? [Original Title: Torrent virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-remove-torrent-virus/c30a1715-1534-42c6-9a2b-ccf0aa13664a
  7. Torrent virus

Torrent virus: Split from this thread. Hello i have a torent virus and i cant take it off or i cant remove it can you help me remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/torrent-virus/c30a1715-1534-42c6-9a2b-ccf0aa13664a
  8. Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!)

Decent Windows Torrent client (torrents are legal !!!): Hi folks Can anybody please suggest a decent (not ad ridden) bit torrent client for Windows -- torrents can be perfectly legal and safe for downloading proper software (e,g red hat - now part of IBM, centos etc linux distros) which keeps loads on servers balanced --perhaps...
  9. All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers

All downloads are flagged as having a virus and deleted on all browsers: Every file I try to download is flagged as having a virus and is then deleted, in Microsoft Edge, IE and Chrome. All virus scans came up negative so I thought McAfee might be the issue so uninstalled that program letting Windows Defender take over security duties, then I had...
  10. best torrent client

best torrent client: you need to have used 2 or more of these to be able to have a good/decent answer: qBittorrent Deluge Transmission 1 of the sites said these 3 was the best ones gooogle is filled with spam from the marketing ppl, cant find any good info (maybe you're better at this)...