Windows 10: Windows 10 "unknown" 10gb of space used

Discus and support Windows 10 "unknown" 10gb of space used in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've checked all and it says i'm using 86,2gb of used space, however it doesn't adds up when i manually checked out all the files on my C drive (games,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Thorwoofie, May 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 "unknown" 10gb of space used

I've checked all and it says i'm using 86,2gb of used space, however it doesn't adds up when i manually checked out all the files on my C drive (games, misc, windows OS, reserved space,etc) also i've hibernation off, temp files deleted, no restore points off, etc etc etc etc, making total of 77,5gb total. So anyone can tell me what is taking nearly 10gb out of my already small 256gb nvme?

submitted by /u/Thorwoofie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Thorwoofie, May 18, 2020

2. Unknown storage space taker

Hi Andrew,

In order to help you with your concern regarding unknown storage space taker, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your Windows 10 PC prior to getting this issue?
    • Is your Windows 10 PC up-to-date? If not, click this
      link
    • Have you checked the helpful post of biterbit dated September 19, 2015? If not yet, please click this

thread
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Kindly reply to this thread for us to help you further.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, May 18, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 18, 2020
  4. Niyas rn Win User

Windows 10 "unknown" 10gb of space used

can i upgrade windows 10 from 8.1 with a disk space of 10gb...in my tablet

can i upgrade windows 10 from 8.1 with a disk space of 10gb...in my tablet

OP - windows 10 upgrade

Niyas rn, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 "unknown" 10gb of space used

1. Windows 10 "unknown" 10gb of space used - Similar Threads - unknown 10gb space

2. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  3. Unknown folders taking up space in temp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown folders taking up space in temp: Hi Microsoft community,Hoping you can help with this puzzling issue.I have many folders with a name in a similar structure in my temp folder I tried to add a screenshot but upload fails -0A6A1483-5364-4402-B6E9-EDA05DC2FF02Each folder weighs 9.8 MB.The content of the folder...
  4. Windows RAM Use: 12GB installed, but only 10GB in use?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows RAM Use: 12GB installed, but only 10GB in use?: ..I confirmed CPU is X64.I have BIOS AMI R01-A3, 2020-08-18I found this reference page for the specific computer model: https://www.helpdrivers.com/desktops/Acer/Aspire/Aspire_TC-390/ It lists the same version number, but with a slightly newer date: 2020/11/03This doesn't...
  5. Microsoft Content Background Task Host using up to 10GB of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Content Background Task Host using up to 10GB of RAM: Microsoft Content Background Task Host process starts on its own and hogs up all memory on the system. The process comes back after a few minutes even after killing it with the Task Manager. Help would be appreciated....
  6. Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my system using 10GB+ of Memory???: I have 32GB DDR4-3200 memory, and for quite some time, my system has been using over 10GB of it, even when I'm doing nothing. When I check all the processes running, and add up their memory usage, I only see it showing around 1.25GB total in use by processes, so what is using...
  7. Unknown files occupying space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown files occupying space: My laptop has space issues. The SSD has 237 space capacity, using around 110gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleted windows.old folder, deleted all system restore files, limited space usage by system restore,...
  8. BCastDVRUserService uses up 10gb of Ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BCastDVRUserService uses up 10gb of Ram: I have this problem whenever I use GameBar (by pressing Win+G), the BCastDVRUserService uses most of the Ram, sometimes upto 10+ Gb. Any help or recommendation would be much appreciated. Thanks submitted by /u/scottybui [link] [comments]...
  9. How to use unallocated space in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use unallocated space in windows 10: Hi, I have two disk drives in my laptop, drive C and D. Also, I have an unallocated space and wanting to allocate it to the drive C. Can I transfer an unallocated space to the drive C without third party softwares? If yes, how do I do this? Regards 80726
  10. Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Space - Not System Restore Files: I've had this issue on every Windows 7 and onwards PC I've owned and it's the dreaded "unknown" space being used that gets bigger and bigger until it becomes noticeable. The issue is this time is it doesn't seem like the easy delete the system restore files option within...