Windows 10: Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ?

Discus and support Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Latest version all updates installed , As you can see in picture Control Panel - User Accounts - Manage Your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ben_Copper, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ?

Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ? GEuhSm8ddtJCnr4yYrs4BniS3wnYVvHNauPG5qtrwEQ.jpg

I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Latest version all updates installed , As you can see in picture Control Panel - User Accounts - Manage Your Credentials - Windows Credentials , these two entries in this section auto appear even after deletion , i have these apps installed 7z cli , ffmpeg cli, vlc, firefox, pubg pc, foxit reader, clamav cli . i have scanned pc with clamav and windows defender no virus found, i also checked files using sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth .

i have no idea how they re-appear even after deletion , please help , THANKS.

https://preview.redd.it/mn6n191c52o...bp&s=8d49f91e0544a25d659a8d32e7911bca669149cd

https://i.postimg.cc/3rVQmpRv/Windows-10-Credientials-Help.png

submitted by /u/Ben_Copper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ben_Copper, Sep 19, 2020

2. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Hi Alexa,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC?
    2. Is the PC connected to any Domain Network?
    3. When you click on that unknown listing under Generic Credentials, do you get the remove option?

Windows Credential Manager basically allows you to store credentials, such as user names and passwords which you use to log on to websites.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know about
    Generic credentials
    on the Windows PC.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ?

Unknown credentials in Credential + web manager

Hi Ross,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. I will do my best to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to run system maintenance troubleshooter and check if this helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on view all and click on
      System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method2.

If that does not help, I suggest you to delete unknown credential one by one run a virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner).

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Method 3.

If you are using Internet Explorer I suggest you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue. This is often caused by a corrupted file in the browser. Please clear your browser's cookies
    by following the instructions on the link below:

• Open Internet Explorer and press Alt + X.

• Click on Internet option.

• Check on Delete browsing history on exit
      and click Delete.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ?

1. Windows 10 Unknown Windows Credentials Auto Add even after Delete Help ? - Similar Threads - Unknown Credentials Auto

2. unknown Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown Windows Credentials: Windows Web Credentials are showing up that are unexplained, contain urls that are technically not URLs but strings of data keys or hashed pashwords associated with themDoes the account refer to any services, or can I safely delete it?...
  3. unknown Windows Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown Windows Credentials: Windows Web Credentials are showing up that are unexplained, contain urls that are technically not URLs but strings of data keys or hashed pashwords associated with themDoes the account refer to any services, or can I safely delete it?...
  4. unknown Windows Credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted: A txt file called "site" is getting created even after i delete the file in question. The txt file is empty and contains nothing, is this the sign of a virus? I have used Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and they have not flagged anything as malicious. Is this a serious...
  6. Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted: A txt file called "site" is getting created even after i delete the file in question. The txt file is empty and contains nothing, is this the sign of a virus? I have used Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and they have not flagged anything as malicious. Is this a serious...
  7. Unknown site.txt file getting created automatically even after deleted

8. Windows Credentials Help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Credentials Help: I would like to map a drive from my computer to my wife's on a local network. When I am at her computer trying to do this it asks for my computer's user name and password which I do not know. Is there a way to find this out? 175028
  9. Windows Credentials Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Credentials Help: I would like to map a drive from my computer to my wife's on a local network. When I am at her computer trying to do this it asks for my computer's user name and password which I do not know. Is there a way to find this out? 175028
  10. Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?

Windows 'generic credentials' unknown listing - what is this?: Checking the Windows (not Network) credentials, I found this listing - 1st line. Is this legit - or a problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-generic-credentials-unknown-listing-what/e10b8b91-133d-4af2-8e96-ef2d192cb87d"