Windows 10: Windows 10: Unlocking the session needs a long time

Discus and support Windows 10: Unlocking the session needs a long time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is the English version of the following Germany request:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HagenRiedel, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10: Unlocking the session needs a long time

This is the English version of the following Germany request:

https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/windows-10-session-entsperren-dauert-sehr-lange/22e4afc1-e833-4ef1-b564-ab12bd17e5a7?tm=1610898713704

Recently unlocking the Windows session consumes significant time:

When locking the session the display shows Windows start screen some landscape photo and the current time. When I hit a key my login name and an input field for the password appears. Normally I can type the password just one second later. Meanwhile I often observe that the screen does not show an interaction for about 30 seconds. Not until this period elapsed the password can be specified.

I have not ideas why there is such a delay. Of course, if Windows is started there is some time between the time when the system is showing up the start screen and the time it is ready for user login. Same is applicable if the computer entered some energy saving state Suspend-to-RAM, Suspend-to-Disc. That with Microsoft Windows OS the user cannot recognize if the system is ready to use is annoying to me. But I am sure there is another reason for that as the delay can be observed in the same way when I wait another minute or two before I hit a key.

I did not measure exactly how long it takes until the password is shown. But I mean it is always the same period of time. If I see the start screen it can happen that I can input the password immediately and it can occur that I have to wait for round about 30 seconds.

It looks like the system is executing some job as soon as I hit a key and this job lasts 30 seconds.

How can I study what happens in this period?

What are the standard jobs the system is running on unlocking the session loading user database, loading user profile etc.? Is there some job that may be time consuming?

Are there any services that change to an idle state and need to be initialized before checking the password. What about restoring the network scanning channels and setup of the latest WiFi connection?

May some third party application change authentication process? What registry entries may trigger pre-login jobs?

Thanks for all that help on troubleshooting!

System configuration:

* Model: Lenovo P1

* Manufactured: 11/2018

* CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H

* RAM: 16 GB

* OS Version: 1909

* OS Build: 18363.1316

* User: local user, Active Directory is not configured

**** Und weil das die englische Version ist, wird in das dto. Forum verschoben ****

:)

HagenRiedel, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Windows 10: Unlocking the session needs a long time

Windows 10 Taking long time during unlocking system

WINDOWS 10 DOMAIN JOINED MACHINE TAKING LONG TIME DURING UNLOCK

Its happening with Windows 10 Dell Lapotp, If machine is connected to corporate network then it takes about 30 seconds to unlock the machine login.

OS- Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise Edition -1903 build

can anyone knows about this issue

vinaypratap890, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10: Unlocking the session needs a long time

1. Windows 10: Unlocking the session needs a long time - Similar Threads - Unlocking session needs

2. How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?: I am RDPing to a Windows 10 Pro machine. Some file transfer is set running and left to do its thing.Once the machine has locked the only option available is to disconnect the session and then reconnect, there appears to be no way to unlock the machine. The background is shown...
  3. How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?: I am RDPing to a Windows 10 Pro machine. Some file transfer is set running and left to do its thing.Once the machine has locked the only option available is to disconnect the session and then reconnect, there appears to be no way to unlock the machine. The background is shown...
  4. How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD During Long Gaming Sessions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD During Long Gaming Sessions: Has only happened twice. Logs: DESKTOP-ADRAED7-(2021-07-11_18-24-05).zip - Google Drive 182399
  6. Windows 10 unlock takes too long 3 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 unlock takes too long 3 minutes: After locking the desktop and unlocking it, it asks for the password. After entering the password, windows takes a long time before showing my desktop. This happens only at the locl/unlock of screen, and NOT at the time of logon. I have AD credentials. Some time the lag is so...
  7. Windows 10 Bitlocker takes a long time after boot to unlock drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Bitlocker takes a long time after boot to unlock drives: HI I have an issue that's impacting multiple apps. I have 5 drives, all encrypted with Bitlocker and all set auto-unlock on logon. My system drive is a NVME system drive only, all other files are on the secondary drives made up of a mixture of SSD, NVMe and one HDD....
  8. Windows 10 Taking long time during unlocking system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Taking long time during unlocking system: WINDOWS 10 DOMAIN JOINED MACHINE TAKING LONG TIME DURING UNLOCK Its happening with Windows 10 Dell Lapotp, If machine is connected to corporate network then it takes about 30 seconds to unlock the machine login. OS- Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise Edition -1903 build can...
  9. Windows 10 Taking long time during unlocking system

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taking long time during unlocking system: WINDOWS 10 DOMAIN JOINED MACHINE TAKING LONG TIME DURING UNLOCK Its happening with Windows 10 Dell Lapotp, If machine is connected to corporate network then it takes about 30 seconds to unlock the machine login. OS- Windows 10 64 bit Enterprise Edition -1903 build can...
  10. My onedrive are starting session long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My onedrive are starting session long time: I dont understand why my one drive are starting the sesión long time.. what Can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-are-starting-session-long-time/7be693fa-0867-48a8-ac2c-27b3727b84e5