Windows 10: Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut

Discus and support Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, a few days ago I installed the Deezer app from the windows store. I pinned it to my taskbar. After some update or something, the icon became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by va88, Jan 28, 2019.

1. va88 Win User

Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut

Hey guys, a few days ago I installed the Deezer app from the windows store. I pinned it to my taskbar.

After some update or something, the icon became transparent in the taskbar and wouldn't start the app, even though a right click would display "Deezer" and "Unpin from taskbar".

If I start the app elsewhere (including a new taskbar shortcut), it opens properly and shows another icon in the taskbar.

It seems I can't unpin this ghost icon from the taskbar though.

I've gon through a few posts of windows foruns in Google, but none of them showed a solution.

Here's a pic of the issue: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Thanks a lot for any insight.

:)

2. Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I hate the fact that the control panel classic is missing from windows 10. My work around was simply to type in control panel in the start menu search bar and then pin the resulting control panel shortcut to the start menu quick access panel or taskbar

I think I'm unwilling to change with the times *Smile Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut :)

jboydgolfer, Jan 28, 2019
  3. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar.

What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings.

ICIT2LOL, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Win+X (or right click on Windows icon) isn't really useful anymore. MS removed classic control panel from the list and changed programs and features to Apps and Features. To get to Programs and Features you have to go to Apps and Features first (Metro UI) (it's in the top right corner).

And classic cmd also left the win+x and File list, you have to do it old way (win+r -> cmd -> enter).

Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut 1380.jpg

Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut 3.jpg

Now it's easier to access Power Options directly from the taskbar.

Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut 2.jpg

Drone, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut - Similar Threads - unpinable phantom app

2. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  3. Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning/Unpinning Apps to the taskbar no longer working: I'm at the end of my rope trying to fix this. Not sure "when" this started by I can no longer pin apps to the taskbar nor can I unpin apps that are already pinned. I don't even have the "option" to attempt either action. When I right click on an app that is in the taskbar I...
  4. Windows unpins apps from the taskbar

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows unpins apps from the taskbar: Hello,I would like to ask, if there is someone who has a problem with pinned application to taskbar. When I download app from Microsoft Store like Messenger or WhatsApp, I pin it to taskbar. However, when I run the app, it unpins and in Start Menu it shows something like...
  5. Xbox app unpins itself from taskbar.

Xbox app unpins itself from taskbar.: I've had Xbox gamepass for PC for several months and I've noticed that whenever there is an update to the app, the app unpins itself from my taskbar, and I have to repin it. Why does this happen? Is this a feature and not a bug? If so, please reconsider....
  6. Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin or unpin apps to the taskbar!: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 13 7000, updated to Windows 10 Home version 1083. I am having trouble pinning and unpinning apps to my taskbar. The issue is a bit hard to explain, but I will try my best to describe it. I've also attached screenshots to help clarify. When I...
  7. Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar

Query re pinning and unpinning apps to taskbar: I tried using Edge and as I liked it I right clicked the app listing and the pinned it to the taskbar. What I want to know is how to put that Edge listing back with the other apps because if I unpin it from the taskbar how does one reattach Edge to the listings. 119565
  8. Unpin web shortcut from 'All apps' ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpin web shortcut from 'All apps' ?: Hi - playing around with Win10 I managed to pin a web shortcut to my All Apps menu, however it doesn't seem possible to remove it from there. A right click on it just gives options to pin to Start or Taskbar and a left click opens the web page. Pinning to Start/Taskbar leaves...
  9. Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" for Apps in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display...
  10. 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10: How to: 'Pin to taskbar' and 'Unpin from taskbar' Apps in Windows 10 How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ghost icons taskbar

2. deezer app disappears from taskbar

3. remove phantom programs from taskbar

4. remove phantom app from taskbar,
  5. ghost icon on taskbar,
  6. windows 10 phantom entry in taskbar,
  7. windows taskbar ghost app icon