Windows 10: Windows 10 unresponsive and needs restart?

Discus and support Windows 10 unresponsive and needs restart? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every so often Windows 10 just gives up and I need to restart my PC to get a response. Usually everything freezes but I can pull up the taskbar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by citrusflavour01, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Windows 10 unresponsive and needs restart?

Every so often Windows 10 just gives up and I need to restart my PC to get a response. Usually everything freezes but I can pull up the taskbar and open apps. I try logging out and back in but that doesn't do anything so I always need to restart. This is happening every 2 days at the very minimum now and it's getting frustrating. On one monitor the screen will go completely black and the other monitor freezes so only the taskbar shows up. PC specs are below if it helps. The only thing I can think of is that I need to buy a better CPU cooler or change the airflow in the casing. Thanks in advance! MAG B550 Tomahawk | Ryzen 5 5600x | 32GB Trident Z neo CL18 - 2x 16GB 3600mhz | GTX 1660 Ti | 1TB Sabrent 4.0 Rocket NVMe | 500GB 3.0 Adata NVMe | RM750x Corsair | Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo 2x fans | AF120 | MB520 RGB Mid Tower |

:)

citrusflavour01, Jul 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2021
  3. little cat, Jul 20, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 unresponsive and needs restart?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 unresponsive and needs restart?

1. Windows 10 unresponsive and needs restart? - Similar Threads - unresponsive needs restart

2. Windows 10 unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unresponsive: My PC windows 10 freezes. I can only run in safe mode. My version is 19041.1 and occasionally I can click on something and 30 minutes I'll get the window up but then it freezes again. I suspect I need a new update but the last time the computer tried to update it aborted -...
  3. "Windows needs to restart"

"Windows needs to restart": Yesterday I saw that message, sorry it might not be the exact message, then it had to collect data I think I think it said. I've only had Win 10 for a month so don't know how to find the crash dump. It might be related to the CPU overheating. Really hope someone can...
  4. Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing: Hi So basically i updated to the newest version of widows 10 1909 And since then my taskbar has been completely unresponsive. I have tried every option i could think of, - Restart Windows Explorer failed - Repair using Powershell as an Admin failed - Disable iGPU...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer unresponsive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer unresponsive: When I open a file from within Word or Excel it opens fine However if I navigate to a file using Explorer it hangs and becomes unresponsive Any ideas on how to fix this...
  6. Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.

Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.: I have an ASUS RoG laptop. After my profile became corrupt and set up a new profile, the windows tech support put my old profile info in a weird spot. Seeing as how I didn't have a whole lot and my complete set up was messed up, I decided to just do a reset and start over...
  7. Windows 10 unresponsive LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unresponsive LAN: Hello Community, I have an old HP Envy 17t laptop with windows 10 on it. I have set up advanced share but quite so often my other devices can't connect to it unless I don't something manually to "trigger" Windows' LAN, like running ping to another device within my LAN....
  8. Unresponsive Windows 10

Unresponsive Windows 10: My laptop of only 1 year (which is quite expensive) is suddenly going haywire and unresponsive. I'm currently on Windows 10, and problems are on the rise. 3 hours ago, everything was working fine. Suddenly, I noticed my volume was put on mute without me doing anything. After...
  9. Windows 10 partially unresponsive

Windows 10 partially unresponsive: Ok, so I have a issue thats been plaguing me for around a week now and I cant figure out what is wrong, ill try to include everything Ive done so far. After booting up windows after several minutes, no specific time, it will become unresponsive to mouse clicks etc. Taskbar,...
  10. Cortana unresponsive after restart/boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana unresponsive after restart/boot: After a restart, and occasionally after SLEEP, Cortana will not respond to voice commands. (Text is okay.) Try again and all is well. This has been a continuing problem on two computers, one running HOME and the other PRO 1607, that was evident in earlier builds. The...