Windows 10: Windows 10 unresponsive LAN

Discus and support Windows 10 unresponsive LAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Community, I have an old HP Envy 17t laptop with windows 10 on it. I have set up advanced share but quite so often my other devices can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ifoolb, Mar 13, 2019.

1. ifoolb Win User

Windows 10 unresponsive LAN

Hello Community,

I have an old HP Envy 17t laptop with windows 10 on it. I have set up advanced share but quite so often my other devices can't connect to it unless I don't something manually to "trigger" Windows' LAN, like running ping to another device within my LAN. Otherwise my other devices can't even ping this windows computer. Sometimes the local sharing also stops working after the computer woke up from auto-suspend, I need to ping other devices in the LAN to make the windows computer reachable. This is not a big deal but still an annoyance. Does anyone else encounter this and know what causes it? I'm not sure if this is very specific to some old computers or pure a windows 10 issue.

:)

ifoolb, Mar 13, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 unresponsive LAN - Similar Threads - unresponsive LAN

2. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  3. My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keyboard is being unresponsive due to a hardware issue.: Some of the keys don't work unless I press in a certain area on my laptop that bends the frame, creating a connection. This is definitely a hardware issue plus I already did resetting and resetting drivers and I want to know if there is a quick fix/troubleshoot I could do...
  4. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  5. Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup

Windows stops loading and becomes unresponsive not frozen unless pin is reset at startup: This seems like a pretty strange issue and took me a very long time to find any workaround for it, including a complete windows reinstall-in-place that did not affect the issue at all.When booting the PC up, I select my profile and enter my pin. Land on the desktop and the...
  6. computer becomes completely unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer becomes completely unresponsive: recently i’ve been encountering an issue where my computer is unable to do anything well it can do some things but that’s itapps won’t load, apps won’t function correctly, and the only way to shut down my computer is to force power it off since pressing shut down on the start...
  7. computer becomes completely unresponsive

computer becomes completely unresponsive: recently i’ve been encountering an issue where my computer is unable to do anything well it can do some things but that’s itapps won’t load, apps won’t function correctly, and the only way to shut down my computer is to force power it off since pressing shut down on the start...
  8. Windows 11 Home randomly stutters and apps becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home randomly stutters and apps becomes unresponsive: Hello. I have just recently finished building my new pc and installed Windows 11 Home but since then I have a reoccurring issue. For the past two weeks my pc would just randomly stutter, followed by applications including task manager becoming unresponsive and the task bar...
  9. Windows 11 Home randomly stutters and apps becomes unresponsive

Windows 11 Home randomly stutters and apps becomes unresponsive: Hello. I have just recently finished building my new pc and installed Windows 11 Home but since then I have a reoccurring issue. For the past two weeks my pc would just randomly stutter, followed by applications including task manager becoming unresponsive and the task bar...
  10. Windows 10 unresponsive outside of corp LAN

in Cortana
    Windows 10 unresponsive outside of corp LAN: hello, I've an issue with Windows 10, it behaves strange, all works fine when the laptop (domain joined) remains in the corp LAN, but when I switch over to the guest WiFi, it becomes unresponsive, search works, you can type e.g. cmd and run it, but nothing happens, the...