Windows 10: Windows 10 up grading to the latest version

Discus and support Windows 10 up grading to the latest version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I got a upgrade reminder from Microsoft upgrade center that it was time to upgrade to the latest version of windows 10, OK I was running the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tim66214, Jun 23, 2019.

1. tim66214 Win User

Windows 10 up grading to the latest version

Today I got a upgrade reminder from Microsoft upgrade center that it was time to upgrade to the latest version of windows 10, OK I was running the upgrade and the next thing I got was a black screen with flashing cursors, no messages about faulty hard drives or anything, I have no way to bring any of this back, no windows prompts no nothing. Now what do you suggest we do? Tim McCuiston

:)

tim66214, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 up grading to the latest version - Similar Threads - grading latest version

2. Up-grading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Up-grading to Windows 10: My computer has suddenly decided that my Windows 7 may not be genuine. I think this is because I had to have the power unit replaced. My e-mail/ broadband provider has just changed and I can now no longer send e-mails from Outlook, although I can receive them. I am getting a...
  3. Up-grading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Up-grading to Windows 10: My computer has suddenly decided that my Windows 7 may not be genuine. I think this is because I had to have the power unit replaced. My e-mail/ broadband provider has just changed and I can now no longer send e-mails from Outlook, although I can receive them. I am getting a...
  4. Up-grading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. up grade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    up grade: how do l update from windows 10 to 11 thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-grade/5a9e92a4-f13e-49ed-91e7-ad2569cb2ff2
  6. up grade

up grade: how do l update from windows 10 to 11 thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-grade/5a9e92a4-f13e-49ed-91e7-ad2569cb2ff2
  7. up grade

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. windows up-grade

windows up-grade: trying to up-grade a new virgin machine that was built and installed with Windows 10 to Windows Pro. At the front page of Microsoft in the search bar , typing in Windows 10 pro gives an option of " workstation " . Question one: what does Microsoft define as a work...
  9. up grade to Windows 10

up grade to Windows 10: is there a checklist that I can follow toprepare and then download and then install Windows 10 on my PC running Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-grade-to-windows-10/effd5c83-a603-47d9-a8dc-0a23bb154334
  10. windows 10 up grade

windows 10 up grade: Is ZAM.exe automatically part of the Window 10 up grade? Is it necessary? I feel it is the cause of slow start . How do I remove it? Thanks, Frances Marie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-up-grade/bd03c338-dddb-4aa6-8232-4aca765f415f