Windows 10: Windows 10 updarte from 1607 to 1809 gives me black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 updarte from 1607 to 1809 gives me black screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've installed an older version of windows and I'm trying to update it, the update download properly on the "Check Updates menu" but once I reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Danorus, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Windows 10 updarte from 1607 to 1809 gives me black screen

Hi,

I've installed an older version of windows and I'm trying to update it, the update download properly on the "Check Updates menu" but once I reset there's only black screen, without mouse and the keyboard show lights but no response.

Has anyone else have this problem?
    Here's my build:

MoBo: Gygabite A320m-sh2 with radeon integrated
    1 SSD 240 gb
    1 HDD 2 Tbs
    16 RAM

and I have a GPU but I disconected it becasue I don't want any drivers interfering with older windows version.

submitted by /u/Danorus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Danorus, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 31, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 updarte from 1607 to 1809 gives me black screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 updarte from 1607 to 1809 gives me black screen

1. Windows 10 updarte from 1607 to 1809 gives me black screen - Similar Threads - updarte 1607 1809

2. Why does windows give me a black screen?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does windows give me a black screen?: I completely reset my laptop, I reset everything on windows and slsected deleted every file option and slelected cloud download. Now I have a black screen. Is this normal or should I do something....
  3. Why does windows give me a black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does windows give me a black screen?: I completely reset my laptop, I reset everything on windows and slsected deleted every file option and slelected cloud download. Now I have a black screen. Is this normal or should I do something....
  4. Why does windows give me a black screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows gives me black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows gives me black screen: Im with windows 11 and when i try to focus in one app it goes black for a second and my laptop freezes, after that second it goes back but its very annoying since it happens with every app, even with windows modules as the search bar, i try to open chrome, black screen and...
  6. Windows gives me black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows gives me black screen: Im with windows 11 and when i try to focus in one app it goes black for a second and my laptop freezes, after that second it goes back but its very annoying since it happens with every app, even with windows modules as the search bar, i try to open chrome, black screen and...
  7. Windows freezing up and giving me black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezing up and giving me black screen with cursor: My PC keeps freezing and giving me this black screen with my cursor. Ctrl-alt-delete wont work and escape key won't do anything. I ran multiple RAM tests, ssd tests and the system file checker along with other commands in the command prompt. I have seen suggestions about...
  8. Issue in Updating Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1809

Issue in Updating Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1809: Hello, I'm working on windows 10 installed on an EFI partition Mac book Pro model : Early 2011. (SSD(480 GB ) => 2 PARTITIONS a) Mac osx High Sierra 200 GB b) Windows EFI Partition (280 GB) I Had my windows 10...
  9. Is feature update from Windows 10 1607 to Windows 10 1809 supported?

Is feature update from Windows 10 1607 to Windows 10 1809 supported?: We have networks setup to upgrade Windows 10 using WSUS to deliver the feature update. Is updating Windows 10 1607 to Windows 1809 using the feature update supported by Microsoft? I can't find a definitive statement on this. Is feature update from any supported version to the...
  10. Upgrading Windows 10 from 1607 to 1809

Upgrading Windows 10 from 1607 to 1809: Before you ask I have all updated drivers, disabled every boot with windows and uninstalled my current antivirus and using windows defender. So no steam, apple or anything else running during install... Doing this to use more advanced ar system only. O.k. Its not my first...