Windows 10: Windows 10 Update 09 May 2020 has lost mapping from windows drive to storage spaces

Discus and support Windows 10 Update 09 May 2020 has lost mapping from windows drive to storage spaces in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I updated my computer this morning and upon reboot the drive letter E: that used to map to my storage spaces is now asking to be 'formatted'. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by al hudson, May 8, 2020.

1. al hudson Win User

Windows 10 Update 09 May 2020 has lost mapping from windows drive to storage spaces

Hi, I updated my computer this morning and upon reboot the drive letter E: that used to map to my storage spaces is now asking to be 'formatted'. I can see in 'Disk Management' is is HEALTHY > RAW > and 100% empty.

When I go to my 'Storage Spaces' I can see all 5 HDD's 6.04TB Parity, 4.85TB pool capacity are approx 53-53.5% used.

Is there a way I can get this mapping and working again please?

Regards Al

:)

al hudson, May 8, 2020
  2. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

333t, May 8, 2020
  3. 3tb internal storage windows 10

I am having some drama with the new Windows 1607 update NOT recognizing my external drives. Searching around online, this seems to be a big problem. I have all my personal photos, files, etc on these drives. I would like to back them all up. First I thought I lost everrything after the update.

I would like to add a big storage drive to my new to me pc, (6700k, gigabyte z170 d3h mobo, kingston32gb ddr4, m.2 boot drive, 240gb crucial as storage(came with pc).

I have read that windows doesnt like drives over 2tb. Is this still the case with windows 10? I just want to use it as storage

I was looking at the wd 2tb green/blue? 5400. Think the blue and the green are the same now??

Thanks

Fasz Kalap, May 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Update 09 May 2020 has lost mapping from windows drive to storage spaces

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Update 09 May 2020 has lost mapping from windows drive to storage spaces - Similar Threads - Update May 2020

2. Windows 10 May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 update: My laptop keeps showing me the notification "Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon. Click to download a newer version of Windows 10 to stay updated". But, there is no update available it just says "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once...
  3. 2020-09 Windows 10 Update break with spaces in username

2020-09 Windows 10 Update break with spaces in username: Hi All, Just a quick share, all the September updates for Windows 10 break logons with error of invalid password if username has spaces at the end. Luckily we had remote management of the devices so were able to repair through a Powershell script. get-localuser...
  4. Windows 10 Update 10/09/2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Update 10/09/2020: I had a Windows 10 update occur yesterday 10/09/2020 maybe the update has Covid19,? IThe update seems to have overwritten several device drives and made the devices inoperable? namel, a secondary display and HD audio drivers, really frustrating to be honest, is there an eazy...
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update Storage Space Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update Storage Space Help: I want to update my Windows 10 to the May 2020 Update via WinUpdate. I have 23gb of space left on my hard drive. Will I have enough room for it? submitted by /u/AstroMan824 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 , may 2020 update

Windows 10 , may 2020 update: Is it safe to install may 2020 update of windows 10. I have not installed it even after getting the update notification since last 9-10 days as i have seen various articles related to this update and all pf them said that this update has several bugs and not to install....
  7. reserved storage space and May 2020 update questions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    reserved storage space and May 2020 update questions.: I have a question. I have a dell inspiron 3542 2 gb ram, 32 gb. Emmc storage notebook. Last month I had 12 gb. free storage. I did the May 2020 cumulative security update and it used up 3 gb. of storage. I now have 8.84 gb. free. After June 2020 security update, now 8.24 gb....
  8. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: I'm trying to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update, but I heard that Microsoft has blocked the update! Why is that? When will they resume the rollout of the Windows 10 May 2020 Update? I'm not getting any error messages.....
  9. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi everyone! Its been days since Microsoft released the Windows 10 May 2020 update, but my laptop is not getting it. I'm checking for Windows update but my device is saying that I am up to date....
  10. Windows 10 May 2020 Update

Windows 10 May 2020 Update: Hi all, I've been trying to update Windows 10 to its latest version through Windows Update but I couldn't so I searched how to do that on Youtube and in the video they recommended to go to this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 So my...